When cleaning a mattress..

Mikey P

Administrator
Credits
If'n I were to use my Vibra Vac tool followed by HWE, would using something like this..

Allertech Anti-Allergen Solution

Be of any benefit? or are these products really just to be used when a proper cleaning isn't possible...

Desk Jockey

RELENTLESS
Credits
Name
Jack Ashh
Most people are allergic to dust mites, enzymes in their waste.

Where are dust mites? Anywhere dead skin accumulates. Bedding, upholstery, mattresses, pillows. Regularly HEPA vacuuming, followed by through cleaning and washing will help control the problem.

Mikey P

Administrator
Credits
I guess my question is what's the point in adding the after spray if you do a thorough enough cleaning it's not going to deter the little bastards from coming back, correct?

FredC

Village Idiot
Credits
I guess my question is what's the point in adding the after spray if you do a thorough enough cleaning it's not going to deter the little bastards from coming back, correct?
I doubt your "thorough enough cleaning" is making much of an impact either.................

sOOper hero

Number 5
Credits
Name
Larry Capitoni
credible sources say dustmites can’t survive below 50 Rh
Rather than dumping chemical gunk, sell them a dehu..
....If you really want to get rid of them

Or scare the rubes into thinking something they’ve lived with all their lives is now a BF’nD....

...L.T.A.

Hack Attack

Credits
Name
Dan
A thorough cleaning effectively reduces dust mites and their feces, enzymes etc therefore improving indoor air quality for you and your family.

Your not doing pest control so dont make mention of killing them.

And yes they will come back to do their duty of gobbling up your dead skin cells and body oils, sweat and secretions etc.. so I'll put you in my schedule for this time next year?

I try to avoid doing mattresses, the people I normally have ask me to clean them should have bought a new one several years earlier

Reactions: Mikey P

Lyman

Supportive Member
Credits
Name
Lyman
I only use masterblends anti allergen deodorizer as a prespray, let dwell for 5 minutes and soft water rinse. Takes care of 95% of stain on mattress and absolutly no odor. $50 to $75 bucks for one sided cleaning, I do at least three a week with no advertising.

Desk Jockey

RELENTLESS
Credits
Name
Jack Ashh
I think it's a very viable market. We cleaned lots of them for Fire Damage Restoration but also would get the occasional call of a mishap from a child or adult. A nice pillow top king size can run a couple grand.

Hell, I know of this idiot carpet cleaner that bought one for $5,000.00. He will remain nameless (LOCKHART) to protect his stupidity. 😉

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts