When cleaning a mattress..

Mikey P

Administrator
If'n I were to use my Vibra Vac tool followed by HWE, would using something like this..

Allertech Anti-Allergen Solution Amazon product

Be of any benefit? or are these products really just to be used when a proper cleaning isn't possible...

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Is that product similar to masterblend anti allergens products?

Mikey P

Administrator
I guess my question is what's the point in adding the after spray if you do a thorough enough cleaning it's not going to deter the little bastards from coming back, correct?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
credible sources say dustmites can’t survive below 50 Rh
Rather than dumping chemical gunk, sell them a dehu..
....If you really want to get rid of them

Or scare the rubes into thinking something they’ve lived with all their lives is now a BF’nD....

...L.T.A.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
A thorough cleaning effectively reduces dust mites and their feces, enzymes etc therefore improving indoor air quality for you and your family.

Your not doing pest control so dont make mention of killing them.

And yes they will come back to do their duty of gobbling up your dead skin cells and body oils, sweat and secretions etc.. so I'll put you in my schedule for this time next year?

I try to avoid doing mattresses, the people I normally have ask me to clean them should have bought a new one several years earlier

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
I only use masterblends anti allergen deodorizer as a prespray, let dwell for 5 minutes and soft water rinse. Takes care of 95% of stain on mattress and absolutly no odor. $50 to $75 bucks for one sided cleaning, I do at least three a week with no advertising.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I think it's a very viable market. We cleaned lots of them for Fire Damage Restoration but also would get the occasional call of a mishap from a child or adult. A nice pillow top king size can run a couple grand.

Hell, I know of this idiot carpet cleaner that bought one for $5,000.00. He will remain nameless (LOCKHART) to protect his stupidity. 😉

• Haha
Reactions: Condog and Mikey P

Condog

Name
Tony
I think it's a very viable market. We cleaned lots of them for Fire Damage Restoration but also would get the occasional call of a mishap from a child or adult. A nice pillow top king size can run a couple grand.

Hell, I know of this idiot carpet cleaner that bought one for $5,000.00. He will remain nameless (LOCKHART) to protect his stupidity. 😉
Very discreet. I'm beginning to notice the camaraderie, brotherhood and respect! 😢 Very touching moment of realization. 😊

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
A few simple facts.

Dust mites are nocturnal, they don’t like sunlight.
So come daylight, they head to the darker parts of the mattress.

They like a warm, dark & moist environment with a ready food source.
A mattress is the perfect environment for them.

An adult human loses approximately 3 grams of skin every night.
This is what dust mites feed on.

People are not allergic to the household dust mite.
They are allergic to Der P1, which is contained in their feces.

As we sleep, because these feces are microscopic, our breathing acts like a giant vacuum, absorbing these feces into our body.

Cleaning / rinsing a mattress will do nothing for the Der P1.
They must also be neutralised.

If not, the allergies will continue.

:yoda::very_drunk:

Condog

Name
Tony
A few simple facts.

Dust mites are nocturnal, they don’t like sunlight.
So come daylight, they head to the darker parts of the mattress.

They like a warm, dark & moist environment with a ready food source.
A mattress is the perfect environment for them.

An adult human loses approximately 3 grams of skin every night.
This is what dust mites feed on.

People are not allergic to the household dust mite.
They are allergic to Der P1, which is contained in their feces.

As we sleep, because these feces are microscopic, our breathing acts like a giant vacuum, absorbing these feces into our body.

Cleaning / rinsing a mattress will do nothing for the Der P1.
They must also be neutralised.

If not, the allergies will continue.

:yoda::very_drunk:
I've had teachers that knew a subject, but couldn't present it so others could grasp it.

Then, I've had teachers who were simply collecting a pay check, and acquired only a cursory knowledge of the subject so they could teach, but it was only skin deep.

Rarely, I've had a teacher with deep understanding of a subject, and the ability to present that information so others could understand what they've been taught.

I really like how you present the information in a way that is informative, concise, and scientific.
You have a gift.

Name
Swani
If'n I were to use my Vibra Vac tool followed by HWE, would using something like this..

Allertech Anti-Allergen Solution Amazon product

Be of any benefit? or are these products really just to be used when a proper cleaning isn't possible...

I'm not sure about the product you posted. But why not use something like this?

Reactions: Condog

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I've had teachers that knew a subject, but couldn't present it so others could grasp it.

Then, I've had teachers who were simply collecting a pay check, and acquired only a cursory knowledge of the subject so they could teach, but it was only skin deep.

Rarely, I've had a teacher with deep understanding of a subject, and the ability to present that information so others could understand what they've been taught.

I really like how you present the information in a way that is informative, concise, and scientific.
You have a gift.

Ta mate, I feel embarrassed.

I can't teach, I'm a worker.

I just love what I do & if I can help someone, I'm only too willing to do so.

Like many others here.

:yoda: :very_drunk:

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Its like encaping a mattress. It doesnt remove the allergens, only changes them. Better to just to HWE clean the mattress.
I spray with Stain 1 and extract with long handle stair tool. Sometimes ill follow up with SS upholstery tool.

Reactions: Mikey P

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
1571349411011.png

lta

Condog

Name
Tony
I'm not sure about the product you posted. But why not use something like this?

Price is good, but what is the size/qty and the dilution ratio?
Seems a lot cheaper, but I can't seem to find the information to make an apples to apples comparison.

Reactions: Living The Dream
Name
Swani
Price is good, but what is the size/qty and the dilution ratio?
Seems a lot cheaper, but I can't seem to find the information to make an apples to apples comparison.
It's RTU. I'll check the size next time I've got a chance. It kills AIDS/HIV in something like 10 sec.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom