When do you know its time to rebuild?

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
So, I'm somewhere over 8k hours on my Powerclean and am wondering when you guys know when you should rebuild an engine. Mine runs fine and is in excellent condition but i wonder if I should rebuild it during the winter sometime before it decides to take a dump in the summer. I don't know the maximum hours I can get out of this Nissan engine.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Doug they had always said 10,000 hours before a major overhaul on the Nissans.

If she is running good I'd hold off another year. I think the most we have on any of our units is just over 6,000 hours.

I might rebuild the pressure pump if you have not already and replace all the belts and check the hoses while you have the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
So, I'm somewhere over 8k hours on my Powerclean and am wondering when you guys know when you should rebuild an engine. Mine runs fine and is in excellent condition but i wonder if I should rebuild it during the winter sometime before it decides to take a dump in the summer. I don't know the maximum hours I can get out of this Nissan engine.

If you've been maintaining it regularly, which I suspect you do religiously, and it ain't givin' you any heartache, let her go a few 1000 more hours. I have the Ford on my Genny, and it runs fine, but all the other parts are the parts I've changed out. (I do have a spare engine for my Genny if I should need it.....and a spare 59 blower). You using synthetic oils??

Oh....I'm at 5500 hours on mine.

spotman123

Name
Wayne foster
My Nissan A-12 engine had over 17,000 hrs on it and only had to replace the alt. on it when I sold it.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
which is why i love my everest i picked up......

I STILLW ANNA KNOW IF LES CAN MOUNT THIS THING ON A C-4 WASTE TANK!!!!!!????

Then it would be the ultimate.....ohhh with room to throw a 59 or 605 on if my 408 goes out....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom