When DR Horton is your customer

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
i have found you lose suction with the hose curled up like that, it will be better to put up 50 ft on the reel
I gunna have to see this to belive it, my thought is not weather your hose is coiled or straight but how much hose is out , dictates how much air flow you have im gunna order a lie detector and test this out ill let you know what I discover. I know you have less vacuum with a live reel but you're pulling vacuum on a whole reel of hose not 1 or 2 lenghts my understanding is butlers and vortex has live reels or at least offer um 🤔 i don't think this lie detector for 35.00 will give a very accurate reading but should be ok for comparison we'll see

Screenshot_20230402_153555_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: Mike J

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
I gunna have to see this to belive it, my thought is not weather your hose is coiled or straight but how much hose is out , dictates how much air flow you have im gunna order a lie detector and test this out ill let you know what I discover. I know you have less vacuum with a live reel but you're pulling vacuum on a whole reel of hose not 1 or 2 lenghts my understanding is butlers and vortex has live reels or at least offer um 🤔 i don't think this lie detector for 35.00 will give a very accurate reading but should be ok for comparison we'll see

View attachment 121833
Just ordered the meter according to Amazon it'll arrive 4/8 (i didnt buy into Amazon prime)

Reactions: Mike J

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides

View attachment 121833
I also wonder if you go up 100 ft, does that change flow? I am looking forward to the Anemometer results.

Coiled vs. Figure 8
Straight vs. Random pile after losing control and being all tightened up working solo.
UP over high balcony vs. Ground

And of course it would be cool to see the difference between 1,2 and 3 sections.

I dont know the science of vacuum, but Im thinking the wind speed may be consistent but the lift would change.

Reactions: roro

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
DAMON, how could you?? We are also talking cheap ass builder carpet. I’m sure you were fine. Even if you weren’t, I don’t care. 😉 Sonny Boy probably didn’t care either🤷🏼‍♂️🤣

Reactions: Nomad74

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Just ordered the meter according to Amazon it'll arrive 4/8 (i didnt buy into Amazon prime)

let us know.

the meter may not tell the true tale though.
It's only going to measure air in an empty hose.

I think the dynamics/fizzics and restriction changes when you add the dirty recovery solution.

..L.T.A.

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
let us know.

the meter may not tell the true tale though.
It's only going to measure air in an empty hose.

I think the dynamics/fizzics and restriction changes when you add the dirty recovery solution.

..L.T.A.
Between 2 meters, vacuum guage and anemometer i will measure simultaneously both lift and flow in various scenarios this may not the true tale of whats going on inside the hose but will show differences in how hoses lay and effect on lift/air speed/volume in a side by side comparison. This is the best i can do without a laboratory and knowledge to use it . My filter tank is setup with 2 inlets so ill hookup 2 -125' lengths of hose 1 straight and 1 in various states of coiling 1 side vacuum guage other anemometer

20220723_190453.jpg

Last part removed by FredC

Last edited by a moderator:
Name
BradFenstermaker
Damon we have DR Horton built hoods going up around here like gang busters. Starting in low 300s.

Selling before they get finished.

Reactions: Nomad74

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom