When is a Glide Toast?

Ron K

So I bought my glides from Joe B. Great service, nice guy. My question though is how do you know when it's time for a change. Wand still nice and easy to work but I did a CGD and it seems that the sound of rushing air was not apparent. It is a slotted one. Looking at it, it seemed to be flat on the bottom.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We replace them when they become jagged and can't grind them down because there is no material left.

We ONLY use Greenglides......ya know Lisa fought for the right to use glides in our industry (out of her own pocket). Without her relentless pursuit of justice we wouldn't have glides of any brand.

Not saying you you have to buy Greenglides BUT rather than support some hot head that fly's off the handle why not call Lisa.....she's much nicer!

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Yes, do buy from Lisa.
Richard, how do you grind them?
Do you make them round (how?) again or just deepen the slots?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We will grind off the rough areas on a bench grinder, just to make them smooth again. Works great as long as you don't take off too much at one time.

realclean

Name
Jesse Lowe
I use a belt sander to make my Green Glide round again. You can start with a coarse belt then go to a fine belt. I smooth my glide by hand sometimes with 400 grit sand paper.

I also use a dremel tool to make the cross sections smaller.

Reactions: truckmount girl

Ron K

We replace them when they become jagged and can't grind them down because there is no material left.

We ONLY use Greenglides......ya know Lisa fought for the right to use glides in our industry (out of her own pocket). Without her relentless pursuit of justice we wouldn't have glides of any brand.

Not saying you you have to buy Greenglides BUT rather than support some hot head that fly's off the handle why not call Lisa.....she's much nicer!

They don't make the glide I need! I did try.

So I just need to put the radius back on the bottom?

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Ron K

12" Steamway Wand Circa'93, glide needs to be Slotted. I do pre-vacuum.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Steam Way Glides are internal so I do not think they make a slotted glide. Also you need the adaptor for the manifold to make it spray right. It comes with the green glides. Will see what Lisa says but im pretty sure there is no slot for the steam way glide, Hybrid is what you need.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
If you're absolutely positive she has not made a glide for your wand send that wand to her and she can have one made for it. She's made a couple of custom glides for some of my customers off the wall wands.

Name
Nate W.

Uncle Ron forgot to mention it only has 1 jet... Go figure... :stir:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
There are no slot glides for the steam way wand. It wouldn't work. The glide is internal with a spacer kit for the solution manifold so the wand actually works like it is supposed to with the glide on. Your option is the hybrid glide.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
The dwell on the Steamway wand is too narrow. Because it is an internal fit (there are no lips to grab on to), it relies upon the stem of the glide to hold it onto the wand. The slot configuration doesn't have enough material to hold it in place firmly, so we only make the Steamway in holes or hybrid.

Joe may have a different fit on his....I don't know, I've never seen a Steamway slot glide made by anyone.

Take care,
Lisa

Ron K

Lisa what about the Rotovac XL shoes, do you think it would benefit by having glides on it? We have them on our Powerglides.

So exactly how much did you drink at Virginia Tech? Why did you use 10W 50 on your Cable Box? And........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... most important of all why did you want to highjack my thread???? Lisa please answer this for him you know what foreigners are like! also
Lisa do you sell the manifold "Adjustment" system/kit ????

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
So exactly how much did you drink at Virginia Tech? Why did you use 10W 50 on your Cable Box? And........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... most important of all why did you want to highjack my thread???? Lisa please answer this for him you know what foreigners are like! also
Lisa do you sell the manifold "Adjustment" system/kit ????

You have the 4 slot or three slot version?

Take care,
Lisa

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom