When is the best time for follow up call?

Name
Lyon
I kept slacking an forget important follow-up calls after completing jobs, I usually wait 2 days to see how the carpets look and make sure my clients are happy. I try and call between 4 and 6pm, Tuesday thru Thursday. But if I finish a job Wednesday, and till Next Tuesday to call that's 6 whole day, and I forget to call more than half the time. I only have myself to blame when I'm slow.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Do the follow up calls help at all? We send thank you cards, but don't call. Does anyone else call to follow up on how the techs, or yourself did? I don't know if the client would be honest if they knew it was you who was at there house and then wanting comments on your work... Or what?

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
I always called residential clients the next day to make a Quality Check. Customers really liked this and it let us make "Turbo Cheerleaders" out of home owners who were slightly disappointed but just didn't want to take the time (or make the emotional investment) to call us. I preached doing the same "next day call" at SFS for years. BUT now with the internet the plot has thickened...

NOW even slightly disgruntled customers will immediately trash you with a negative review on Angie’s List, Yelp and Google+ AND do this even before even giving you a chance to correct their concern. My guess some of you have been "bushwhacked" with a scathing review and you had NO IDEA the customer was even unhappy!

So now at SFS we suggest “heading these trigger happy folks off at the pass” by reaching out to them BEFORE they can even make it to their computer keyboard! I call this an Immediate Quality Check call and the concept is working great for those who try it. It won't stop all the "cut and slash" reviews you get but I hear they are dramatically reduced by letting the customer "bleed off steam" before they log on to Google.

Steve

PS Be sure to have a "neutral third party" (your office manager, secretary or even Chavez's wife) call the homeowner within five minutes after your tech leaves the house.

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
PS Be sure to have a "neutral third party" (your office manager, secretary or even Chavez's wife) call the homeowner within five minutes after your tech leaves the house.

why so soon?

Let everything dry and then ask their opinion.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
why so soon?

Let everything dry and then ask their opinion.
Too late. They have already trashed you over some insignificant thing on the Internet. Read the following statement again, Mike. Slower this time. :)

"...reach out to them BEFORE they can even make it to their computer keyboard! I call this an Immediate Quality Check call and the concept is working great for those who try it. It won't stop all the "cut and slash" reviews you get but I hear they are dramatically reduced by letting the customer "bleed off steam" (over the phone with YOU) before they log on to Google/Angies List/Yelp, etc."

Steve

PS Things change. People are more impulsive than ever PLUS they now have an easy way to distribute their venom to potentially thousands of your prospective customers. The IQC concept helps avoid this. Try each way for one month. Then decide.

Last edited:

Chris A

Name
Chris
No follow up calls here. We just leave a feedback card and invite them to call us if there is a n y t h I n g out of the ordinary once it dries - Chris "no bad reviews" Adkins

Reactions: TomKing and Able 1

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
My wife always follows up within 2 business days. I have received many compliments on this fact. And if there is the slightest hesitation on customer/clients reply she insists that we go back to look at it. It is rare but it does happen sometimes. I tell my son to do everything possible to fix an issue while your there and when doing your follow up let the customer know that you did this and this and tried that and that damn stain will just not come out! ;)

Reactions: TomKing

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom