When there's not enough amps on a slide-in?

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi guys:

Beside Butlers I own a Bridgepoint Lancer. My sons use it mostly for ceramic tile cleaning, and water xtractions (lots of waste water). It has an electric fuel pump, and a Pollution Solution (which I hate). As it is, the alternator at times can’t keep up the battery (new car sized). I have had the alternator checked and “it’s doing all that it can”.

Now I want to go to a better pump-out
http://www.prochem.com/ViewCategories.aspx?Pid=795
which pulls even more amps. What do you guys do when you need more power?

Thx,
Dale

Bob Foster

Kohler and B&S both offer higher amp optional alternators that bolt on in place of the regular alternator. If you have been putting high demand on your current alternator it may not be putting out like it should be. Get an amp probe out and check it.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Hi Dale;

This is the 5 GPM pump out that we use:

shurflo1100.jpg

It draws less amps, and runs fine with Honda & Kohler in our TM applications.

Larry

Becker

Name
Becker
Larry Cobb said:
Hi Dale;

This is the 5 GPM pump out that we use:

shurflo1100.jpg

It draws less amps, and runs fine with Honda & Kohler in our TM applications.

Larry

Pic. But no info?

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Becker said:
Pic. But no info?

I think you will find that it is a shurflo1100.

SF-1100-PTS Ag Runner 12 Volt Ag Chemical Pump in Portable Frame

The Shurflo Ag Runner allows you to automatically pump and measure chemical from the chemical container directly into the sprayer tank without the need for manually measuring or any other handling of the chemicals.
Max Output: 40 L/min open flow
Max Pressure: 15psi
12 volt operation with 6m lead & alligator clips
1 x 3.6m suction / 1 x 3.6m delivery hoses

Engineered to pump thin or thick ag chemicals. 10 GPM with water; 7 GPM on ag chemicals at 70 Deg. F. or 4.5 GPM on cold or viscous liquids (860 CPS). Glass-filled polypropylene body with unique design bonds the polypropylene pistons to the santoprene diaphragm (co-molded). Oversized 3" magnet motor. Can be serviced with hand tools only.

SHURflo Part #

SF-1100-PTS = ShurFlo 12VDC Ag Runner Portable Frame Chemical Pump

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi Larry & others:

How many amps does that pump draw? Is it able to pass any trash at all? We are using the Mighty Pig filter before the tank. Is that good enough? Because the Polution Solution still needs cleaning after it (yuk).

Yes were getting about 17 amps, and that "will run" the gas pump and waste pumps, but not if there is a lot of stop/start cranking of the engine. Replacing the altenator "that bolt on" is not a bad idea, but I still hope to put it off if possible, until an engine replacent is necesarry. It still requires pulling the engine, right?

Please Larry, or some one else, post a link. I can't seem to find one of the Shureflows for sale.
I can get here, but it won't open the page. http://www3.cobbcarpet.com/zen3/index.p ... 20a&page=2

Sincerely,
Dale

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Why not put a second battery (deep cycle?) on there and connect it to the charging system of the van? don't know if it will work but its worth a try.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Dale said:
How many amps does that pump draw? Is it able to pass any trash at all? We are using the Mighty Pig filter before the tank. Is that good enough? Because the Polution Solution still needs cleaning after it (yuk).
If you have the piglet before the PolSolution, there isn't much more you can do as far as filtering crud.

Jay mentioned a second battery. Here's what I did.

I have a battery for our slide in hooked parallel with the van battery, to give us more amps period, for both the van, and our slide-in.

If you require more charging, you can start the van, and have the van's alternator also charging the battery, as well as the slide-in charging it's battery, however, with 2 batteries parallel, you probably won't need any more amps than they can provide.

Go to a welding shop and buy #6 welders cable for the hook-up.

We also have a disconnect in-between the 2 batteries in case I ever want to separate them.

This setup will prolong the battery life of both batteries, substantially.

Mike Draper

You could install an inverter and easily run the pump out and other things off of it.

inv3.jpg

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Ah, an inverter still draws power from the battery, and since they are all less than 100% efficient, will draw even more amps for the same amount of work.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Name
Brad Gouveia
Just like the guys that have to huge stereos do. Bigger alternated and multiple batteries. I would hook the batteries into the van as well so they get charged while driving too.

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi:

Has anyone ever found out how many amps the ShurFlow 1100 draws? After-all if it really does pull less than the ProChem one @ 12 amps, that may be all that I need.

Thx,
Dale

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Re: Larry? Anybody else?

Hi Larry:

Your webste will not alow me to bring up the ShureFlow pump. And any searching that I've done does not give the amps. I will buy one if I can find that the amps are low.

Sincerely,
Dale

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Thx Goomer:

At least you did post the specs. Now I can see that this pump is virtually the same amps as the Prochem one under a simliar flow.

Thx,
Dale

Back
Top Bottom