When was the last time you saw one of these?

Mikey P

Administrator
circa 1973...

20121206_153557_zpsda1c29ae.jpg

20121206_153626_zps11a76aa9.jpg

I hope they make a comeback.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Nice other then the print/ color
not made in china and biult on a cheap frame like everything now.

Name
Fred H
reminds me of a set I did a few weeks back for a young lady who is into the retro look. I spent an hour pre vacuuming her dogs hair off of the sofa and love seat and then tried to become Gary Heacock using a trigger sprayer and a variable speed polisher fitted with an 8 inch bonnet to clean it with. The polisher caused over spray so bad ( no wonder they brought the sofa outside at Mikeysfest) that I started agitating by hand and using dry microfiber towels to absorb the soil . They cleaned up satisfactorily to both the client and myself but it took a long time. And then the client tells me that she hired me because her previous cleaner had left the toilet seat up. She said she understood if he needed to go but he should have put the seat back down. I said well maybe he was dumping dirty water from his porty to which she replied well maybe I shouldn't be so mad at him after all.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
LOL

My mom and dad used to have a blue and creme one just like it. Cool at the time but pretty funky now.

Looks like those home you walk into that are like a time capsule, nothing has changed in them even though decades have passed.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
mom and dad had one......it was more of a gold color and had end tables built onto it.......I wanted to puke every time i went into the living room............

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Been awhile

Pretty Cool, wouldn't mind a set like it myself to be honest.

Chris

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
They are really comfy- but after years of farts, body oils and spills stinking them up they are not so pleasant to clean. I almost gagged cleaning one in the early 80's.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
They are really comfy- but after years of farts, body oils and spills stinking them up they are not so pleasant to clean. I almost gagged cleaning one in the early 80's.

And there goes my want. Thanks Ken :hopeless:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
They had strong dye smell when cleaning them if I remember right. Either that or at least I'm hoping that it was dyes. ??? :redface:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom