Where are the damn Billy pics?

G

Mike,

To be honest, Aero Tech doesn't need the boards or myself to stay in business. They deliver a quality product, stand behind their product and really care about their customers and it shows. Ask any AT owner.

You can come up with any excuse why they can deliver such great service and Vortex falls short. If Vortex can't keep the service up maybe they should be making less trucks.

Dave

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Here's a serious question about AT/V

Why don't they (AT/V) ask the customer what platform or cab/chassis they want.

Seems like a truck is a truck, shouldn't make any difference. Neither company would in reality sell enough trucks in a year to buy in bulk.

Just wondering since there is better choices imo out there for a truck platform.

Mikey P

Administrator
PTOs are precisely configure to fit a exact chassis and motor Vince.

If either company sold enough of them to warrant it they would.

As it is both loose money as it is.

The good news is the BLV sales are going crazy this spring and soon enough they be seeing cash flow.

G

Vincent,

AT is doing that. Now you have a choice of a UD or Fuso. They have to know the truck is reliable because if they put it in a Ford LCF and it has trans problems they won't have happy customers.

This Fuso project has been in the works for over a year. I hear but don't know of it being true that Vortex is going to be using a different truck platform also.

Dave

Mikey P

Administrator
The Ford had fuel pump related issues early on...

I hope they figure it out because it's a super nice ride.

It was real hard getting back into my UD after test driving one.

Bob Foster

The Mitsubishi has one more gear and is supposed to have a higher top speed and runs through its gears more effortlessly.

The Mitsubishi also has a wider frame.

The price is apparently the same for either cab and chassis.

Both manufacturers are now prototyping for Mitsubishi.

G

Mike,

How do you know AT is losing money? Do you know how much it costs them to build a truck? How much is their overhead? I don't believe that at all.

Dave

Billy

Name
BH
JohnnyV said:
you know AT didn't make a penny on that truck they sold Billy. He wasted their time for months with stupid ass questions!

OK here we go Not sure what AT made on my truck all I can say is I made the right decision because they went above & beyond with my truck. I did warn them I talk allot but they still sold me a truck :lol:

Waldo said:
Makes me wonder if AT is even making trucks any more.

Golden Boy

I know they delivered & sold 4 trucks at connections & delivered & sold another a few days before that could have gone to connections if they could have built a sixth truck. That would have been six Trucks at connections.

Don't worry Waldo they are selling trucks & making profit on them.

Jim Martin said:
Dave...wouldn't you think that A/T would want to show off what they have to every one...........

when push came to shove Once Billy posted the e-mails from Thomas from Blue Line.and everyone came down on him from what I understood you took him under your wing and convinced him to purchase the A/T........Now one would not expect everyone to come out in the open and air it out .but remember.there is always a lot more talk that goes on to most then what is shown behind this iron curtain.
I would think that A/T would want as many pictures shown of what they can do to help there sales but you with your attitude and apparently leading Billy around buy his nose is not a good image for them..........

you are a very smart man and will forget more then most will ever know about carpet cleaning and this industry...but your jh hs school attitude is killing you credibility.........
It's a truck and no matter how you want to look at it A/T ... .or vortex.....same damn animal...........like it or not...stop being the play ground bully and post some damn pictures....

my truck gets hotter then your truck..............look what I got and I ain't going to show you.....get real Dave........

I have gotten so used to having to stay quiet about our new truck it just hasn't been my top priority to post pics many other things happening. At will be showing the truck off their way.

Jim you really don't have the correct time-line. I had already made my decision before the emails from Thom. A simple post about the decision is what started the emails from Thom Nothing Thom did with the email thing really had much if any effect on my decision to buy a AeroTech over a Vortex but really I was looking at slide ins when I was talking with Thom anyway. Dave has been a big help but I didn't need convincing to buy an AT that was a easy decision after I compared all options available which incidentally took over a year & a half to do. I talked with many AT owners besides Dave. AeroTech has proven to me they are a top notch company in every respect so far.

Richard Chavez said:
Billy tell them about the cameras you bought for that truck.

She is a looker!

I will be installing the new cameras in the next few days planned on having them in while in Fl but had to cut trip short due partly to Audra's grandmothers having congestive heart failure.

Thanks for the compliment Richard us & AT worked very hard on this truck.

Odin said:
will he tell all of his walk ups it's not really a V?

T

I will proudly tell all my clients & potential ones I have an AeroTech XT!!!!

rhyde said:
looks nice from the pic but whats the point of the wrap behind the cab?

cab looks close to the box from the pic?

what other changes ?

The point of the wrap behind cab is my truck is not white it is a silver color so it wouldn't look good to leave that white. We did think about having it painted to match but we decided to have it wrapped for blending affect.

Cab is not really that close to box

To many to list & some are still being kept under wraps.

AdamHale said:
Billy has wanted an AT for a long time. I am glad he got a big truck. He will love the added power and heat. Congrates to Billy.

That wrap looks very cool!!!

You are correct I have been wanting a new truck for quite some time but I am glad I waited for all the new changes anyway. If you can believe this I haven't even had time to really use it yet. I am going to try to finish interior stuff up soon so we can use it full force ahead.

Thanks the wrap was something our graphics guy & us worked very hard on oh & AeroTech had a great company print & apply it. Looks just as good up close as far away.

Why did they go with the Fuso chassis??

I will have call Tom and ask

Here's a serious question about AT/V

Why don't they (AT/V) ask the customer what platform or cab/chassis they want.

Seems like a truck is a truck, shouldn't make any difference. Neither company would in reality sell enough trucks in a year to buy in bulk.

Just wondering since there is better choices imo out there for a truck platform.

Vince

AT had been thinking about it for awhile but needed someone to come along & push them to do it. I guess that push came from me.

Vince all truck platforms will not work there is allot of engineering that goes into a platform change at least there is for AT. Case in point my truck took allot longer to build than a UD. They have looked at others but for different reasons some wouldn't work with the AT design. The reason I know this answer is me & Vlad just had a conversation about this. I really like the Fuso so far & looked at it for a slide-in even before deciding to go with AT.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Congrates

I think that wrap looks as good as the Waterfalls wrap. The top 2 best I have seen. I would like to see more pics when you get a chance.

Billy

Name
BH
Mikey P said:
Is that a creek setting?

What's on the roll top side?

Do you work where trees could scratch up the wrap?

It is a Gatlinburg Tn. setting with creeks trees etc. Goes with the Bear.

If you are talking about the side roll up door that is the inside of the truck overlaid with tree foliage so that the inside shows thru some.

Yes & No most of the time we will not have any issues with trees.

Billy

Name
BH
Mikey P said:
They should print wraps like your on a inch sized grid so you could order small sections to cover up damaged areas.

They can send me damaged areas to apply no problem. I have all graphics also so I can even get it printed here but probably would get them to do it again because of the quality vinyl they produce

Mikey P

Administrator
Your truck looks killer Billy...
Did you come up with the idea for the roll top?

Very clever!

I like that AT, is like you said, "Getting their own identity". The whole unit is starting to look like something they came up with and not ripped off from Shawn.

Once the get rid of the round waste tank I'll be satisfied.

Not that my opinion matters to them.

PS. With your company safari outfits and that wrap the kiddies are gonna think your bringing Pythons and Wombats for a show and tell session.

Billy

Name
BH
Mikey P said:
Your truck looks killer Billy...
Did you come up with the idea for the roll top?

Very clever!

I like that AT is like you said, "Getting their won identity". The whole unit is starting to look like something they came up with and not ripped off from Shawn.

Once the get rid of the round waste tank I'll be satisfied.

Not that my opinion matters to them.

PS. With your company safari outfits and that wrap the kiddies are gonna think your bringing Pythons and Wombats for a show and tell session.

Thanks for the compliment Mikey.

Yes I thought up the side door but my graphic artist made it a reality. We basically started with the door idea then came up with the rest as we went. It was a collaboration with our graphic artist he is great!!!!

I meant what I said they are getting more & more different with every truck. I highly doubt AT is getting rid of the round waste tank anytime soon at least. I have seen round tanks on other units in past also.

The safari look isn't that new for us it goes well with our Bear logo. We did put lots of thought into our image though. We have been wanting to do something like what is on our new truck for quite sometime just had to wait. As for kids it works well they get excited to see a carpet cleaner believe it or not :lol:

The Wizard

Congratulations Billy, your truck looks very smart.

Enjoy your new baby to the fullest !!!

The Wizard.

Mikey P

Administrator
It's really too bad AT didn't go off in another direction from the get go.

No one would have ever said squat.

But as it is they'll always have that hanging over their heads.

Send Shawn some flowers, finish the inside and go to work.

Don't forget to raise your prices too.

Mikey P

Administrator
What do all those ball valves control?
xl_155_Apr_26_100_0179.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Very nice truck............A/T out did them self again.............

so what was found that Dave said would change the industry ???

can you post some pictures of what it looks like inside the back

Wombats..............lol.............fooking Mike.....

Name
BradFenstermaker
Billy that is one nice truck. CONGRATS on the new rig.

I really like the side door, something I have thought about doing on my rig if it was to get a wrap. Shows the on lookers next to you in traffic what is really inside the great looking beast of a truck. lol

Well done lay out enjoy the truck. You probably drove right by my house if you came up I-75.

Later

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
They finally developed something more powerful than my Avenger 450... I am dumbfounded

With 600ft of hose or whatever you big guys run is it live on the reel?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom