Where are you guys buying your 30 vol. h2o2?

hogjowl

Idiot™
Sally's can't get gallons of it. So, I am stuck buying 20 vol. in gallons. I'd like to get the 30 vol. in gallons from somewhere.

Or, should I go to the Chemistry Store and purchase powdered sodium percarbonate?

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i know your live in 'bama, but were you born and raised in brooklyn?

i did the S.P. thing...still have several pounds in a closet. it didn't seem to do much for me.

when i was using 40 vol from Sally's, i would just buy the quart sized. why not do that?

hogjowl

Idiot™
Because I was born and raised in Bama and don't like paying $8 for a quart of something that I would only have to pay $11 for a gallon. I am cheap.

Plus, I don't use it for mixing into my prespray. I use it for pouring on stains and spots straight. So I go through a ton of it.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Marty, I know it's not 11 bucks a gallon but...

You can order qts of 30V @ $3.59 each and qts of 40V @ 4.49 online with free shipping if you order enough (something like 16 qts)

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
you might be cheap, but you're as pissy as a proverbial brooklyn'er.

Reactions: GCCLee

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
uhhh, seeing as your not using it "as directed" lol.....

have you tried a pool supply store? and their, uhhh whats it called...clarifier i think it is...

Reactions: GCCLee

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Depending on how long it lasts you it would cut to well under 8 a gallon buying a drum.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Jamesh921

Name
James
The Powder Brightener says to use 2oz per gal in solution tank or for prespray. Now, in a 5 qt HydroForce that would be 10 oz - I use 4 oz and get great results. With an oxidizing agent, you need to wait til it dries to see the true results.

Removal of Browning: 4 oz per gallon

Grout cleaning: 6 oz per gallon mixed with a high pH Degreaser

Steve CGD guy

Supportive Member
For you south easterners the best place is pinch a penny pool supply.They have 34.5% peroxide at $19.99 per gallon, it is called Revatop. Mix it 50-50 with distilled water and it is still stronger than Sally's. For Marty there is a location in Dothan.

Reactions: hogjowl

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I buy mine from cobb for several reasons.

First, free shipping. I always order over 400 dollars

Second is that I am using it correctly to label. I have never been asked but using products in a house not according to label is illegal I believe. Cobbs clearly states to use it on a stain with a high ph cleaner added for more effective result.

Third, convenience and price. I make a phone call the stuff shows up in 5 gallon jugs we use it and I order more.

I do have a suggestion for those buying larger quantities. Two things speed up the reaction of the peroxide. The reaction in the jug will reduce its percentage of pure peroxide to water. Exposure to heat and light. For this reason I store my jugs in an old refrigerator set to the highest temperature. They don't get really cold but it keeps them cool and blocks out all the light. Keeps them very fresh.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I bought the cobbs 4 cases of the liquid added it to express lane tlc from chemspec at 8 oz in a hydroforce and prespray evenly rake in and rinse really pops the carpet nice.

I believe its an acid so it may lower the ph some but it still really effective. the express lane has a wetting agent the makes it evaporate slowly so it stays wetter longer making the peroxide really go to work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

racebum

would ask the chem supply houses. there is one i use to buy 90% d-limonene in 5 gallon pails. never thought to ask about peroxide. a quick google search landed 55 gallon poly drums of 30% at $450 but that's not really that great of a deal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom