where do you guys dump your recovery tanks?

Deluxe

I have the luxury of a nice little dump station at our shop that feeds to the city sewer system for my techs but i allways wonder what the owner/operators who might work out of they're homes do?

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
On every job I drain my water on the custys lawn unless it is frozen outside which it feels like it is going to happen soon.
A little phospate and some dirty water and the grass just gets giddy with pleasure.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
back inside their house if they don't wana pay. JK, I use sewer cleanouts all over my service area. I have several apartment complexes that I clean for that don't mind a bit if I dump a lil water down the cleanout. I also have a couple really premium ones that have a hose nearby to rinse out the tank at the same time.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
my wife sometimes twice but it takes about 24 hrs to recover sometimes

fresh1

yesterday when running the apo onto a lawn, I saw several huge earth worms going crazy trying to escape the water. has this happened to anyone else? I checked with the custy before running onto her lawn and all was ok, but I am worried that if someone were to see the mass exodus of worms there might be a problem
I hope the worms made it out ok

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I made a pipe by my driveway that goes into the sewer clean out. I just hook up when I roll in at the end of the day and throw in a couple of chlorine tabs.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
fresh1 said:
yesterday when running the apo onto a lawn, I saw several huge earth worms going crazy trying to escape the water. has this happened to anyone else? I checked with the custy before running onto her lawn and all was ok, but I am worried that if someone were to see the mass exodus of worms there might be a problem
I hope the worms made it out ok
Lol....the soap is burning them...that's what makes them squirm like that...kinda like sprinkling salt on banana slugs, not that i do that anymore

Name
steve snail
9-2011023.jpg

Water the zen garden at the shop just about everyday with the dump tank.

namaste

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
At home I have a cleanout. If out, sometimes in the customers lawn. I'm thinking if anything it makes the lawn greener.

Albert

Name
I'm Rick James
A few years ago I onced used the Coit Seattle dump bay outside their shop, while they were open. But I was friends with some of the staff their until they got fired.

I have a undeveloped area in front of my house that works well for dumping the water. Funny the area is no green now with various plant life growing there that wasnt there before I started dumping.. go green baby.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Mike Draper said:
we open the dump valve when were doin 60 down the highway :lol:

You know........I always wondered what those long, soapy trails were on rainy days. Mostly on the freeways....you could follow a trail for miles....one long line of suds.

I dump in the most inconspiculus area of a job site, if possible. I try to use the garage drain, and if the landscaping is way to nice, I will take a hose into the house to a toilet. Most are found near the garage entrance....easy to acess, the APO does the work.

I still have competitors in my area that throw out a 6 foot drain hose, and let it rip down the drive. Very unproffesional....stinky....discusting. At least with an APO, it's a contiuous drain....not so obvious. If neighbors are watching, I hide the hose.

I also drain the remaining waste back at the shop. I have a hose to the cleanout.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
One could wonder.......compared to someone washing their filthy car or hosing out their garage, which is more hazzardous? Car washing or carpet waste water?

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
considering the benzenes (highly cancerous) that are present in petroleum products I would say car washes are much worse than dead shed skin cells and cat pee

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
what about the rain washing who knows what off the parking lots, road ways etc.....

Bob Foster

Most cities now require oily waste interceptors in private parking lot catch basins.

mh.jpg

M.jpg

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
rhino1 said:
considering the benzenes (highly cancerous) that are present in petroleum products I would say car washes are much worse than dead shed skin cells and cat pee

I don't know of (but could be wrong) any Benzene that is in any product I use.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
depending on the ph of you waste water you can kill the grass if you keep dumping in the same area.
we had water restrictions and i was watering my lawn and the ph shift cased the St Augustine to die. it grows better in a slightly acidic soil.

gene

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
My town has fined carpet cleaners at least a few times now for dumping in the street. I think dumping in a yard would likely also result in a fine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom