Where to buy 1/8" hose assemblies for furniture tools?

Name
Steve Lawrence
Hey gang,
I need some 1/8" hose assemblies with 1/8" male pipe thread fittings for my furniture tools. The short 3' whips that PMF and others put on their tools are a nuisance. We like them to be about 10 feet long.

Any ideas? I struck out with Jon Don and Cobbs.

Steve

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Steve- I just talked with my local supplier and they make them. They're in Milwaukee.

My suppliers name and number is:

Trident Co.
262-784-3663- Barry

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I had some made here at one of our local hydraulic hose shops.

When I clean upholstery, that short leader on the upholstery tool was causing me to struggle with where it connected to the incoming vac hose (1-1/4") and steam line - very cumbersome.

I use the Kleenrite upholstery tools, and was getting tired of the short (5'-6') hose assembly that comes with the tool. So I called Kleenrite and learned they had a longer version for auto detailers that was 12'. I purchased the 12' section of vac hose from them, but they wanted quite a bit for the 12' of the 1/8" stainless steel braided line the tool uses.

My local supplier made them up (2 of them) for half what Kleenrite wanted.

Now, the tools are no hassle when cleaning because I have plenty of leader.

Greenie

All professional Uph. tools should have a 10'+ hide-a-hose, anything less puts the brass too close to teh fabric on an 8' couch. When I order PMF tools, I specifically request 10 footers, just cost more.
Prochem tools come WITH a 10' hose, almost like they actually know what they are doing.

In addition to that I promote Y splitters and additional hose packs, Tag Teaming Uph. is the only way to go if you have a tech, and your machine likes it better to, trunk lines into the house, and split off from there.
Then, do the carpet.

Greenie

K, I'll call it a Lawrence Kit.
:wink:

Still amazing that not all tools have a decent sized hide-a-hose though....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom