Which rinse?

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
They're pretty cheap so I like using one.

Anybody use EndZone and CTI Last Step? Which one did better for you?

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
All fiber rinse and deep rinse version, flex ice, dry slurry. I have use procyon sample as a rinse too. Works good too.

I haven't used the two chems you've stated. I have heard good things about them.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
but it's mucho betterer..

they're all rinses, they do what they say, and they're cheap

It's on the trashed ones I see a difference, but only you will know if your using it or not

sassyotto

Name
Paul
We used to use rinses. But only do high end residential. We switched to water only (water softener) about 20 years ago. We found that when we went back on the next cleaning, the carpet was cleaner and easier to clean than previous cleanings where we used a rinse.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
We used to use rinses. But only do high end residential. We switched to water only (water softener) about 20 years ago. We found that when we went back on the next cleaning, the carpet was cleaner and easier to clean than previous cleanings where we used a rinse.
You think maybe the rinses have improved in the last 20 years though?

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
There’s no way to tell if a rinse even works.
Much less if one is better than the other.
Idiots
It does... When i do trash carpet, it makes it go so much quicker as opposed to using just water...even better with dry slurry.. I would think that using TM heat and high flow with rinse agent makes it even better.

Reactions: Cleanworks

sassyotto

Name
Paul
on a trashed one, prespray with just water feeding your hydroforce

then go out and turn your rinse on and start wanding,
for a true test, you need to prespray with water and then wand with water and wand with rinse to see if there is a difference. You would be surprised how much dirt just wanding with hot water will remove.

but the point is, if the CLEANING part of the process is effective enough, the rinsing process shouldnt make it CLEANER. Getting the carpet CLEANER is not the purpose of a rinse agent.

But just to make sure I will have to go back and check my IICRC manual.......

Mikey P

Administrator
It does... When i do trash carpet, it makes it go so much quicker as opposed to using just water...even better with dry slurry.. I would think that using TM heat and high flow with rinse agent makes it even better.
I would think there woth a portable a rinse is far more important to make up for the lack of everything

Reactions: Cleanworks

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
for a true test, you need to prespray with water and then wand with water and wand with rinse to see if there is a difference. You would be surprised how much dirt just wanding with hot water will remove.

but the point is, if the CLEANING part of the process is effective enough, the rinsing process shouldnt make it CLEANER. Getting the carpet CLEANER is not the purpose of a rinse agent.

But just to make sure I will have to go back and check my IICRC manual.......
It's probably wrong to call it a rinse. When I started in hwe, we didn't have presprays. We used an emulsifier metered through the truck or portable. On really dirty carpets we would crank it up. Left a lot of residue behind. When presprays became popular, we had to learn to adjust our emulsifier to match otherwise, we would end up with a soapy mess. I use a heavy presprays most times followed by a finely diluted alkaline emulsifier that dries to a crystal. I have found it cleans better than just water and removes more prespray than just water. I am always open to new ideas but that's where i an after almost 40 years in this industry.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
One time to test the effectiveness of dry slurry, i used half the amount saiger with booster as prespray on trashed
I would think there woth a portable a rinse is far more important to make up for the lack of everything
I wouldn't say everything...it does the job well. Just slower.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
It's probably wrong to call it a rinse. When I started in hwe, we didn't have presprays. We used an emulsifier metered through the truck or portable. On really dirty carpets we would crank it up. Left a lot of residue behind. When presprays became popular, we had to learn to adjust our emulsifier to match otherwise, we would end up with a soapy mess. I use a heavy presprays most times followed by a finely diluted alkaline emulsifier that dries to a crystal. I have found it cleans better than just water and removes more prespray than just water. I am always open to new ideas but that's where i an after almost 40 years in this industry.

I have a similar experience. In 1970 I just used a carpet extraction chemical through the equipment. No pre-spray. These pictures are the results.

85EFD0B9-2D38-4BFC-A575-F21EC5AAFC4E.jpegE2037F25-5C89-452A-BDD9-33B0E6236C35.jpeg80D0B739-A0D8-4EB2-8949-8E5454461ADA.jpeg5C90CECB-A863-49D7-AFAD-E76F2B27F98F.jpeg

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
They're pretty cheap so I like using one.

don't overthink it, Chris.
If you're using quality pre-sprays, a little alkaline emulsifier in the stock tank is all you need .
Like Prochem Dry Slurry (one of the best)

IF using quality pre-spray, you only need 1/3 to 1/2 of what's suggested to rinse with.
and that is mostly to condition the water that aids in rinsing

I'm really surprised you're able to clean after using that wand in the pictures 49 years ago. Hats off to you Loren

that Steamway flood jet wand had some warts, (jet distortion on some cut piles) but it was a flush monster that carried heat to the fiber better than any wand on the market

and really wasn't a "man killer" to push like an unglided Ti

..L.T.A.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
So can a good rents actually help with wicking and re-soiling as advertised or is that fake news?

Endzone and some others have a polymer which is said to help.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
So can a good rents actually help with wicking and re-soiling as advertised or is that fake news?

Endzone and some others have a polymer which is said to help.
Wicking is caused by leaving the carpet too wet or not completely removing stains that may be imbedded in the pad. Resoiling is caused by leaving too much soap residue in the carpet.

steve_64

I turned my rinse on halfway through rugs and saw a noticeable difference in the colors. Tried it on several carpets too but it was mixed results.

It makes colors pop and brightens traffic lanes just a little more.

Prochem all fiber rinse is what I use now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom