Which Spare Parts do you Carry on the Van??

Jimbo

I'm sure it varies with each Truck Mount...what do you carry on the truck to make sure you can finish the days' jobs...and what do you have in the garage at home as far as spare parts?

I know distance from your favorite shop factors in...

I carry a nice small well stocked toolbox on the van...with a 12 volt electrical tester...a multimeter...

As far as spare parts for the Prochem...the main unique part I like to have available is a chemical pump diaphragm ...a few sets of quick connects...and a shutoff pressure valve for the hose.

The shop has a few more goodies...a spare set of New Gates Predator belts for the vacuum blower; A couple quarts of Aeon Blower oil; a set Cap and Rotor for the Nissan engine; a Spare freshly rebuilt NAPA Starter; some rebuildable take off Carburators; Extra Oil Filters for the Nissan...along with the next oil changes synthetic oil.

What about you guys...What is a must have for on the van...and for in your shop?

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Toolbox,Various brass fittings, one or two valves, 200 extra foot of solution hose, a spare wand, now with the slide in I carry an extra set of belts

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Toolbox,Various brass fittings, one or two valves, 200 extra foot of solution hose, a spare wand, now with the slide in I carry an extra set of belts

Why would a wizard need an extra wand isnt the first one magic?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Few QC's, shut off valves, chem diaphram(rubber seal n disc) the bypass solenoid that controls the temp on prochem units. They're notorious for going out, and are easy to change out at the job. Demand pump pressure switch. Tool box with crescents, screw drivers, electrical tape, ect ect.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
A badass set of Alligator Channel lock plyers. Genies are Magical like that, lol

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Pliers, crescent wrenches, 10 in 1 screw driver and a small needle to clear clogged jets. A set of couplers and a ball valve. If that don't fix it I'm quitting and going home. In 13 years my Butler broke one time to where I couldn't fix it to get thru. The front end belt tensioner broke and that's a bit of work to get to so I cut the belts off and drove it home to repair.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Jets, jet screens. Variable wrenches. Wand valve repair kits. Spare belts. Wand. In my city area I can just about get anything for either TM right here local. Except for the Nissan Crap.

Solution hose, few QD's. Nothing in the garage really except more tools. I do most repairs if any right on the job.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
According to my Son.......the whole friggin' garage! He just cleaned the van out over the Christmas Holidays....now I can't find anything. Parts...just some basic tools and repair parts for the wands and hoses. Anything major with the Genesis, it's too hot to fix any parts that might go bad.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
a few male and female quick connects......float for the water box on thermalwave.....a few shut off valves.....

as far as tools.....every wrench and socket that each truck needs for every nut...bolt and fitting.....no crescent wrenches allowed.....
few screw drivers....couple jumper wires.....( never leave home with out them ).........

a side from that I agree with Mike.....that second unit took a lot of stress off me once it pulled into the yard.......so I don't worry as much as I use to.......

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
From my days with the Big Red, I got to be pretty handy with a tool box. SAE and Metric wrenches and socket sets, teflon tape, electrical tape, a good variety of brass fittings. quick connects, a few spare hoses, solderless connector set, fuses, wire, WD40, screw/thread extractors (had some brass connectors break and had to extract the threads), bunch of other stuff.
I was able to fix a hose that had cracked swivel connector, I attached some quick connects and attached my hydroforce hose. There's always a way to fix things.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Pump, vacuum motors, thermostats, switches, cord ends, quick connects, jets, strainers, valves, tools, tape, teflon tape, gorilla tape, and a whole bunch more shit.Now you made my head hurt.

Becker

Name
Becker
assortment of brass fittings and brass caps.

I once had a pressure gauge fail, water spraying ever where, and once the pressure hose from the pump to the gauge blow.

It was nice to cap off the hose, or cap it at the pump to complete the job or day.

Becker

Name
Becker
332.jpg

One of these each in male and female.

or one of these for a mid garden hose fail.

034411001226lg.jpg

Becker

Name
Becker
And very important...

Your machines owners manual.

Most manufacturer have them on their websites if you have lost your original, or want a shop and truck copy.

A good manual can help you track now and electrical issue.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
And very important...

Your machines owners manual.

Most manufacturer have them on their websites if you have lost your original, or want a shop and truck copy.

A good manual can help you track now and electrical issue.

never ever take your manual...........it is the holly grail of your machine.......( except the Vortex one..my 8 year old could of done a better job on that one )....

find another copy or run copies of vital pages that you may think that you will need and keep the original put up.......come time to sell the machine or you need important info...you will be happy that book is still in tact........they have info that shop ..and on line copies don't.......

Becker

Name
Becker
In other words...

Have a copy of your owners manual, if it is worth it's weight.

Machines, I've owned the manual was pretty good, including my POS chemtex.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I carry plenty of tools, Teflon and duct tape, fittings and a 3 foot piece of hose in case one breaks on machine. White magic used steal braided hoses with no plastic cover and sometimes they start rubbing on something and split. It takes me about 10 minutes to change one. So what does a sill cock key have to do with breakdowns?

Connor

Name
Connor
ya Chris...if you were to acquire all my knowledge at the same time.......
yor fricking hED would explode into a million pieces...................... :)

What bob is trying to say is that if you knew what he thinks he knows, you'd say "far out, man. Hey, pass that"

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Screw Driver. Never had a need for anything else. Preventative maintanence works for me.I do get parts that wear out but it hapens slowly over time so i just replace when i have the time. In over 4 years i have only been stranded once from a brake down.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom