White carpet with dark grey traffic lanes

Name
Ezra Clark
I did one of my first paying jobs today. The traffic lanes were dark on white carpet. Presprayed, groomed in an extracted at about 200 degrees, at that point I had about 90% of the filth out. I hit it with some liquid peroxide and extracted again. After that there was a light shade where the dark traffic stains were.

Just checking if I could have gotten it all out and how? Or is this how it goes sometimes. Im kinda a perfectionist by nature.

Thanks,

Ezra

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Youve already done more than what 90% of the other cleaners in your are probably would have done!

Great job! Any pics?

Name
Ezra Clark
No pics but I will tomorrow, have a large dark stain that the customer says keeps comping back. I am thinking it must be in the pad? Should I soak it and water claw it? Any suggestions.

Ezra

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
Chances are the carpet is damaged. The fibers can get scratched just like any plastic surface. The amount of abrasive soil that is in it can affect the fibers over time. It's damaged and won't "clean" out. Get all those scratched fibers together and it will look dull, just like it's soiled. Maybe some of the board guru's will chime in and elaborate a bit more.

Mikey P

Administrator
I tried CTI's "Dinge Away" for the first time yesterday.

After I brushed it in it certainly did help

almost like spraying the carpet with paint..
Dinge Away - White

Product: 1131
Price: 13.56
Unit of Measure: each
Traffic Lane Gray is an uncorrectable condition that often causes carpet to “ugly out” long before it is “worn out”. Caused by fiber abrasion and distortion, light is not reflected from the high traffic areas in the same way it is reflected from the other areas. This results in what appears to be soiled areas even though the carpet has been thoroughly cleaned. This condition is frequently encountered in rental properties that are subjected to heavy wear and insufficient daily maintenance. CTI Dinge-Away can save this carpet and make you a king in your customer's eyes. These liquid sprays that adhere to and modify the reflective properties of the damaged fibers. Carpets that have been declared “uncleanable” and “must be replaced” can now be restored to serviceable condition.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
I did one of my first paying jobs today. The traffic lanes were dark on white carpet. Presprayed, groomed in an extracted at about 200 degrees, at that point I had about 90% of the filth out. I hit it with some liquid peroxide and extracted again. After that there was a light shade where the dark traffic stains were.

Just checking if I could have gotten it all out and how? Or is this how it goes sometimes. Im kinda a perfectionist by nature.

Thanks,

Ezra

Sounds like just typical worn fibers that have lost there luster. Paint it like Mikey said with Dinge Away ( pros choice ) if you want. As far as the returning spot, what was it from? You could water claw it and/ or just hit it with stain 1 ( pros choice ) when it comes back and it won't anymore. Spray it, wipe with a terry towel till its gone, mist again and walk away.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree

Thanks,

Ezra
If you want to see how the job turned out you should go back in about 7-10 days. You cannot judge the results by looking at a wet carpet.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
To know for sure if the traffic lane is clean or simply worn, abraded fibers, take a clean white terry towel, lightly dampen it with your prespray and rub across the traffic lane a few passes. If it is picking up soil, there is still more that can be cleaned out. If there is no soil on the towel, you have got it all.

For your returning spot, I would flush with Water Claw to remove as much of the staining material as possible. For insurance, spray with a solution of Encapuguard to prevent it wicking back.

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
You will need to get some way of mechanical agitation like a CRB or a rotary with brush. Or, you could get one of the rotary extractors. If you are trying to be a perfectionist, something more than a wand is needed on some jobs. You can do a really good job by just prespraying, grooming and dwell time - it is just so much easier with agitation added in.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
If you want to see how the job turned out you should go back in about 7-10 days. You cannot judge the results by looking at a wet carpet.

Mardie...mardie...you never get it huh?

I don't know the newbie but again here you are making the assumption that he left the carpet soaking wet.
Why do you think he couldn't have a quick drying time??

I told myself before not to react to your comments but I just had to say it because of your annoying assuming the worst about all that is steam cleaning - attitude

Name
Ezra Clark
Well the spot was more of a dark traffic spot right off the kitchen. I got most of it out but it was still a little darker than the rest of the carpet. I scrubbed it with a white towel at the end and the towel was clean. I told her the carpet fibers were damaged. She had worked on the stain with her home steam cleaner. She was happy with the results, at least she told me so and paid the bill.

I vacuumed 3 rooms a hall and 7 stairs and my shark canister was full. She went nuts! I bet shes looking for a shark right now!

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Mardie...mardie...you never get it huh?

I don't know the newbie but again here you are making the assumption that he left the carpet soaking wet.
Why do you think he couldn't have a quick drying time??

I told myself before not to react to your comments but I just had to say it because of your annoying assuming the worst about all that is steam cleaning - attitude
I did not say or refer to anything regarding dry times.
I find it amazing that you just do not get it.
It sounds like Mr Carpet Clean cares enough to learn and hopefully for him he will keep an open mind and follow up on his jobs not the next day but at least a week later then he will see the truth of his carpet cleaning results.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom