Whittaker lomac crb on ebay cheap.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I noticed a whittaker lomac crb machine on ebay today. It is only $650 buy it now. that is a great deal. It is the same as a gls except it has a stainless cover.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
that is what I use on all my trucks. Perfect size. I do recommend buying a tray for it from whittaker. You can't leave it sitting on the brushes without damage. Also I use the grey brushes. They are the perfect balance between scrubbing and gentle enough for all carpets.

Bob Foster

Instead of putting it in a tray tilt the head down (like you have the handle down in a running position) and set the head on its side. That way the brushes are off the ground.

floortoolcrib.jpg

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
turning it on its side works on location but unless you want to remove the brushes on each job a tray is a must have

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Bob you amaze me with all this great tips. Just to think 6 years ago you were sucking poop and piss out of portie johnies. You are a True Industry Giant. Time for you to go join Harry Hides on the Cleantrust Board. LMFAO.

Golden Boy

Bob Foster

idreadnought said:
turning it on its side works on location but unless you want to remove the brushes on each job a tray is a must have

For the amount of time the whittaker is sitting on the brushes in the house I don't think it hurts it. I usually bring in in the house and use it then immediately put it back in the truck after I finish scrubbing. I don't move equipment twice and I want the machine out of my way anyways. Generally I am taking out the hydroforce and the Whittaker on the same trip to the truck.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
machine weighs about 45 pounds. New brushes cost a couple hundred delivered.

Just out of curiosity, how do you transport it if you don't have a tray?

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
THe big wheeled one is not whittaker. It is a brush and clean, or brush pro, not sure which. Same machine by same manufacture in austria, just different branding with different accessories. I didn't like the big wheels. Sure it is nice wheeling it but it made it hard to fit it into the back of the van. I just removed the wheels and use the tray by itself.

ON whittaker machines they have wheels on the machine. I also remove these. I have a place in the van that is perfect for these machines. It holds the machine without having to strap it down.

my vans have chemical shelves on the right hand side. there is about 10 inches between the shelf and the end of the van. I cut a piece of wood and put it where the end of the machine would sit so it wont slide sideways.

Guess I would need a picture. I just read what I posted and it didn't even make sense to me and I did it.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
recieved it today but it doesn't work. the motor hums but nothing spins. not exactly my idea of works as it should. none of the push to release buttons on the handle work. all of them are frozen in. not such a great deal after all.

gene

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
Still probably a good deal. IF the motor hums but it doesn't work then it is a gear most likely. On the end with a wide plate take off the allen screws and open it up, Turn the machine on and see if any of the gears are stripped.

Although I have never broke a gear on one. JUst fyi, you cant start it on the brushes. It will put too much load on the motor and it wont start.

with the machine plugged in and standing straight up, lean the machine to the left about 45 degrees to lift the brushes off the carpet. Then use your foot to push in the handle release and pull it down.

Also if none of the push to lock buttons will go in how did the handle get taken off? Every one I have bought was taken apart before being shipped.

Bob Foster

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
none of the buttons on the handle work as they are all stuck in. the handle just falls off. i already pulled the gear cover and none of the gears are stripped. if the brushes are supposed to come off by a button release that is stuck also. probably why they posted absolutely no returns.

gene

Bob Foster

Stainless-Acorn-Nuts.jpg

Those buttons are problematic. What I did was remove them and put in stainless steel bolts with a lock washers and acorn nuts. It makes it feel much more solid when you do that. Never had to take the handle apart since.

You won't regret your purchase of this unit one bit once you've used it for a few weeks.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
finally got the shafts out and removed the bearing covers. 3 of the 4 are solid rust. the unit will still not turn even without shafts. i removed 1 snap ring but the gear won't budge. i'm afraid to put too much pressure on them. none of the gears without snap ring with come off. any ideas. i've never worked with plastic gears. the bearings on the gears all look fine. also how do you press out those bearing without damaging the plastic inserts.

I just watched the demo on Youtube and the brushes turn by hand easily when off. nothing turns on this thing.
gene

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i put some glasses on which helped . i can see that the plastic sleeves inside the bearings have retainer rings. i removed them and was able to press them out. the bearing are pretty corroded and won't budge. i sprayed them and will let them sit over night. i think that the reason they won't turn is just the 4 bearings. one good note, Chuck called from performance equipment and said ship it back or get it fixed locally and he would pay for it. he also said i could just return it.. after the bearing come out if it spins properly then i will just replace them and keep it. It has a label on it , He got it from Indian river school district. i doubt they every did any maintenance on it.

gene

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I did buy a machine once that I never used. It was a gls version. It was scuffed up so I wanted to powdercoat it. Anyways, I had a heck of a time getting the bearings out. they used a locktite bearing product on them. I had to use a press to get them out. Heat might of helped. When you get the bearings out, whittaker sells them but they are pricey. Go to a bearing store and just drop them on the counter. They will have suitable ones in stock most likely.

Sorry for your hassle, I feel badly, I was the one that pointed that thing out.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
not a problem. chuck the guy i bought it from offered to pay for any expenses. i was afraid to use heat since the powder coating was coming off and i might have to send it back if it is more then just the bearing. he offered to fix it and send it back. i have it soaking in lube.

I have a friend with a machine shop so i may take it over to him. i hate to get beat male pride and all. it's hard to get a good press since the area is so small and a little tippy. i need something better then a socket. i was going to make a cone shaped device so it would get tight and stay straight but i'm not sure if that would be a good way to press on the bearing.

gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom