Whittaker Trio

sassyotto

Name
Paul
don't own one but have seen them for sale. Seems like it would be a pain to transport in and out of a facility, cant really use them on residential. too big and bulky for me. hard to resell too.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I looked at one when they first came out. Liked the three brushes. I heard the tank was too small and some didn't like the spray system. Haven't heard much more about them.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
A Derreck on the other board bought one when they first came out. He said he didn't like it. But then again he was the dumbass who thought he should tell everyone even his local idiots about encapsulation.
Thought it was a new scientific break thru.............

Tried to reason with him that it was just a modern twist on bonnet/shampoo method. No big deal. But RiCkY had him with all his marketing BS.

SteamwayPro

Supportive Member
Name
George
I have a 15'' Whittaker Trio and love it. I bought it off Ebay for $2000 last year in December. I haven't used it much but when I do it always does a good job.

It's about as loud as a vacuum. It maneuvers very easily. It's not too heavy so you can lift it and put in your van. You don't need a ramp. It will grab cords. You must be careful using it under desks. I like it best for open areas like hallways.

It sprays a fine mist that's truly low moisture. Carpet is dry in 15 minutes to 30 minutes. I did hallways a foyer and a waiting area last week with some horrible coffee stains. I'm going back just to check to see if the coffee stains came back tomorrow. They haven't called me back so that's a good sign. I told them it was a possibility. It only has a 2 gallon tank on it but that lasts a long time because of the fine spray it puts out.

Like all carpet cleaning equipment it has it's place.

I have the standard gray brushes and the blue extra stiff brushes. You must call Whittaker to order the blue extra stiff brushes. They are not on the website.

I use a good crystallizing encap like Releasit DS2 or Hydrox or Vacaway EncapGreen

I only use it for commercial carpet.

Last edited:

SteamwayPro

Supportive Member
Name
George
There is a good deal on Ebay now. 15'' Trio for $2350 + shipping or make an offer. Looks like it's in excellent condition.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

SteamwayPro

Supportive Member
Name
George
I can't find it. It must have gotten sold today. It was on Ebay last night.

Last edited:

FredC

Village Idiot
That's not a Trio. That's a regular 2 brush CRB.
That is the "similar listing" you have to click view original an scroll down

screencapture-ebay-itm-Whittaker-SMART-CARE-15-INCH-TRIO-SYSTEM-Carpet-Cleaning-Machine-123333...jpg

randy

Name
Randy
Owned two, Ran them for four years and sold them. Great machines, very much problem free. The 15" is actually 20" side to side but we used them in empty homes all the time. It's a belt driven machine and with the blue brushes will easily clean as well as a cimex or the vibe. The weakness is the handle. Frankly it's flimsy when wheeling it up stairs. Much more flimsy than a standard Whittaker CRB. The key to the sprayer is mix your chemical in a 5 gal mix pack and refill the 2 gal tank from that. On large commercial jobs we start with 5 mix packs ready to roll and refill as needed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom