Who All Here Own and Run any year Genesis??

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Mines an 05 Robert. PM me any questions. Or i guess you can post them here for extra help.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Ahh the infamous Genesis that started some of the biggest bulletin board fights of the "early years", 98-99. Actually inspired the first Summerfest in 1999.

Greg Neel was the first annoying shill of the pre-vortex era, and if you didn't have a Genesis you couldn't really clean carpets.

Turns out much of it was bogus, he shilled to try to get service after he'd allowed it to freeze up and break. Soon he was broke too.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
The question surrounds an 06 Nissan powered Genesis.

1) How is the exhaust diverter compared to their earlier models?

2) Is there a direct belt drive right off the flywheel to the blower, or does it have the Hayes torque converter?

3) Does it incorporate a computer diagnostic module?

Just a start.....I might take a look at one with 1400 hours.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Mine came with the electric diverter which I converted over to vacuum. Don't know when they changed over. My blower is driven by 3 belts. And yes , it has an ECU.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
rwcarpet said:

I have the Zenith engine which I assume is known as the Nissan engine? I have never ahd an issue with the diverter, and I never had an earlier model to compare it to. The hour meter is smashed and stopped I think at 3400 hours.

2) Is there a direct belt drive right off the flywheel to the blower, or does it have the Hayes torque converter?
Does this help? Yes, I'm aware it has condesation on it. It got locked up hot last night and then we had a cold night as it is our winter here. Being well aired out today.
cfcf8fca.jpg

I believe it does, but I can't find the engine manual that came with it sorry.

John

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
John Middleton said:
rwcarpet said:

I have the Zenith engine which I assume is known as the Nissan engine? I have never ahd an issue with the diverter, and I never had an earlier model to compare it to. The hour meter is smashed and stopped I think at 3400 hours.

Does this help? Yes, I'm aware it has condesation on it. It got locked up hot last night and then we had a cold night as it is our winter here. Being well aired out today.
cfcf8fca.jpg

Thanks for the info, John. Is that an actual "coil"? Does that mean it runs a distributor for plug power??

I believe it does, but I can't find the engine manual that came with it sorry.

John

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom