Who cleans office chairs?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Normal office chairs...... 200 to 300 of them. I have never cleaned that many. What is the normal rate for that?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Name
I'm Rick James
I am putting a bid in today on approx 400 office style chairs and was going to do anywhere from $3-$5 per chair. These are lightly soiled if that and would clean up very easy.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
We do mostly pharmicudical companies and for health concerns want the bases and all plastics cleaned and disinfected. Also we clean the wheels and take any hair or other that might be in the wheels. All chairs are towel dried and placed in front of air movers to dry immediately.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
How many can you do in an hour and what do you want to make?

Most office chairs seat, back outside back can take as little as 4-5 minutes, that's 12-15 chairs an hour.

Lets say you want to target $150.00 an hour.

$150.00 divided by 12 chairs an hour that's $12.50 ea. Lets say they are not that soiled and you can process 15 an hour, that's $10.00 ea

Lower your target to $100.00 an hour and 12-chairs that's $8.33 ea.
Less soiled and you can do 15 an hour, that's $6.66 ea.

Add arms to that chair and it will really slow down your processing time add 3-5 minutes per armed chair.

We would normally charge in the $8.00-$10.00 range unless it's full service like Dealtime mentioned then $30.00 is a good number if you are cleaning all plastic and metal also.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Lee Stockwell said:
Richard laid it all out for you. This is how you should arrive at a bid for any job.

Just plug in your numbers.
Yeah, it is sort of "disconcerting" when Richard makes a profound, logical post betraying a deep knowledge of this industry.

Steve Toburen
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS But not as scary as when Sutley pops up with a non-snarky, non-sarcastic comment.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Many questions before pricing these: Do they have arm rests? Do they have a fabric back? ASre there "coffee stains" between the workers legs? (yes, they put the cup between their legs and it spills out on the seat.....or else something else is leaking??) Are they wool? Are they vacuum formed and glued to the foam? Those can loosen up the fabric, especially if they are well worn chairs.

I've got a job lined up like that, and some of the chairs are lightly soiled, some are filthy. I think I priced them at $8-10 a chair, which includes wiping down the plastic and metal parts. I will use 2 upholstery tools and 3 workers to do the job.....2 to clean, one to move chairs and prespray and brush. All the chairs will be located in one large conference room by the office staff.

Remember, in most cases, each employee wants THEIR chair back, so be prepared to mark them. In my case, they all want their OWN chairs back. Not someone elses.

$30 a chair would be great, dealtime. For value comparison, office chairs can sell for well over $100-150 a piece, so they should be maintained regularly.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Robert good ones are even more, often replacement is more in the $500.00-$600.00 range.

Most of the chairs we purchase for our own office are HON and in $350.00 range, middle of the road not the high end stuff.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Richard C. said:
Robert good ones are even more, often replacement is more in the $500.00-$600.00 range.

Most of the chairs we purchase for our own office are HON and in $350.00 range, middle of the road not the high end stuff.

Actually most office chairs ( that are not from office depot) start at around 400 a piece. My cousin has an office furniture biz and sells used chairss for 200-300 dollars. Some popular office chairs cost a thousand and up, just look at the aeron chair by herman-miller sell used on eBay for up to 400 each.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
We charge between 5-10 based on number of sides to be cleaned. Usually 2.50 per surface so most are top of seat, back front, and back backside. We also wipe the legs etc for overspray.
Priced 550 chairs at a church once for 3.00 each and they went with low bidder at 1.00 each!

I really like Richard's approach

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
The last large amount of chairs I cleaned were student chairs in a tech school setting. I think they were in the $100-150 each range. Office chairs price out much higher.

Biggest problem is chairs with "hair gel" on the backs. You gotta have a decent pre-spray to cut it, but you don't want the fabric to separate for the foam. Spray and agitate.

Dr Vapeur

Supportive Member
Name
Richard Gagne
Make sure you keep track of where they come from. My sons and did 112 office chairs for $1300 (they where dirty). We did them assembly line style, with me cleaning. I should of looked up more often. The boys where not putting them back were they belonged. Took awhile to put them back.
RG

John Buxton

I just did 200 by myself. I used Scotts encap (shampoo) with a bucket and brush. I also had a porty to use on the nasties. I left the chairs where they go, just lined them up on the aisle, and rolled a janitors cart to them so they all went back to the same desk. I got $7.00 ea and the janitorial co. got $2. so $9.00 each. No backs or arms to deal with.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Back many years ago we cleaned for a major corp that had us move everything.

It was a sweet deal while it lasted, when they switched CEO's the new guy didn't care as much about cleaning. Anyway we used these and had them made into pads.

We would take the sheet to the desk and with moving number stickers we would sticker the chairs and write the number down and mark the color so we wouldn't get them mixed up.

You want to piss off a whole office, just mix up their chairs! :shock:

UpholsteryCommercialnumbering-2.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom