Who could replace Toburen @ SFS

Who could replace Steve Toburen?

• Total voters

Mikey P

Administrator
Lets face it, Steve aint getting any younger.

I imagine he will call it quits within the next 3 years.

Is there someone currently in our industry that could put on a 3 day spectacle like Steve can?

Joe and Howard are both too money grubbing to even be considered. ( and I doubt Billy would not share the stage with either)

For SFS to continue with out Steve they/we would need someone who has the same passion, integrity, speaking skills, first hand CCing knowledge, humbleness, wit and drive that Mr Toburen just oozes from his pores.

Is it even really possible?

hogjowl

Idiot™
Scott's the logical choice, I assume; however, I don't really know if his cleaning business is really any more successful than any other. And, I'm not certain Scott has the personality to light the fire in the soul of his students. In my opinion, when Steve goes, so does SFS.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
steve poulos

I think we have 2 guys on this board with the temperment, knowledge and personality to do it Luddy and Mr Chavez

I think the big banana could do a one man show but as a team I think the banana is too big. There can only be one leader many colonels but he would have to be the top banana

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Uncle Nick his own damn self :lol:

But he would have to get caterers in to cook the pasta :shock:

Ooroo,

:p

Name
Lee Stockwell
No offense to Bill Yeadon or Chuck, but I'm with Marty on this one. However I doubt Steve's inclined to completely retire soon.

DRScrivner

I voted for Crazy George just cuz I think whoever tries it has to be a few marbles shy of a bagful (not because I actually think he could do it).

SFS Graduate- "Philly 9/07"

hogjowl

Idiot™
I seem to remember once where Lee posted that he had been to Scott's business. Am I to intrepret Lee's response to mean that Lee was not impressed with Scott's business?

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Well the Supremes didn't go far without Diana Ross and neither will SFS. Besides noone shimmers in a chiffon evening gown like the Island Boy.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
"For SFS to continue with out Steve they/we would need someone who has the same passion, integrity, speaking skills, first hand CCing knowledge, humbleness, wit and drive that Mr Toburen just oozes from his pores."

Thanks, Mike ... I think. :) BTW, I gotta ask where do you come up with this stuff? Ya really oughta write for the movies, Mike! You really know how to wake a guy up at 5:17 AM in the morning with a headline like that. (Sioux says I should just sleep in my computer chair since "You obviously love those guys a lot more than me!")

Anyway, in time honored Island Boy fashion let me respond with a logically numbered outline:

1. It's really not all about me- it is the concepts that are so powerful in Strategies for Success. Valued Added Service, the 80% Principle, Giving the Illusion of Control, Making It Easier to Do It Right than Do It Wrong, Answering Unspoken Questions With Unspoken Answers, etc just to name a few. These timeless SFS principles immediately grab people simply because they are so transformational. SFS WILL live on without me. That being said ...

2. Sorry, Mike, I'm not planning on going anywhere. Why not?

a. I really enjoy teaching SFS. Watching a motley crew of carpet cleaners that arrived on Monday and then over the next five days become transformed and energized is an incredible experience. Seeing them leave with a completely new vision and renewed hope (along with the tools and suppoort to accomplish it) on Friday afternoon (this board is adangerous place to confess this) almost brings tears to my eyes.

b. Hearing from our excited SFS members that "hey, this stuff actually works" with actual experiences on how their business and families have benefited from the seminar is the "gasoline" that keeps all of our SFS team, including "Poppa Nick" going. And speaking of a team ...

c. I'm still having fun! Over the last 12 years (and over 50 SFS seminars) our SFS group has morphed into a very competent and mutually respectful team where we spend just enough time together that we look forward to each and every seminar. Why would I want to bail out on this much fun? And finally ...

d. I'm still excited about our future projects. SFS has always been about so much more than just a seminar. SFS is an ongoing PROGRAM of support with our quarterly TIPS (Techniques, Ideas, Procedures and Systems) mailings. (Not to mention our members get free and unlimited consulting with Big Billy Yeadon and yours truly.) But now we are working hard on developing our industry's ONLY "information portal" where many of the transformational SFS concepts that have transformed over 2,000 owners and managers in this business will be available to everyone. Soooo ...

Just go to http://www.StrategiesForSuccess to read more about this new site AND to sign up for e-mailed updates on exactly what we are up to. (And yes, the site will be free to all.)

NOTE: One of our biggest challenges over the years with SFS has been to A) explain exactly what the heck the seminar is! and B) reassure people that SFS is not some high-pressure "snake-oil" seminar where we get you in the room and then spend five days berating you for not spending more to learn the "real secrets of success" and C) explain that you really can attend SFS for free- no strings attached. So I should mention that when you go to http://www.StrategiesForSuccess.com you can sign up for a free 30 minute DVD that will answer all of these concerns and/or questions. Just fill in the form and we'll ship the DVD to you at no charge. (People say it is pretty good.)

Steve "Island Boy" Toburen
Director of Training
Jon-Don's Strategies for Success
http://www.StrategiesForSuccess.com

PS Oh, and finally, Mike, not to rain on your parade but I'm not really all that old. (Despite what Yeadon has been promulgating.) I'm at 55 and holding and (up till now) enjoy excellent health. (I'm not real fond of traveling but I do it to enjoy all the benefits I point out above.) I really do live by one of my favorite SFS sayings:

"Find a job you love and you will never work another day in your life." *

* My guess is every single member of our SFS team feels exactly this way about their involvement with Strategies for Success. My personal thanks to Big Billy, Chuck Violand and Angela Buege (along with all of our hard working branch managers when a turbulent SFS week descends on them) and of course most especially our "caterer" and SFS "Godfather", Nick Paolella! The owners of Jon-Don, Nick and John Paolella, have poured incredible resources into the SFS program over the years and have committed to continue investing in our over 2,000 SFS members for the long term. I am personally grateful to both of them for sharing and supporting my vision of transforming our industry.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I heard he is planning to blast off in a rocket ship to follow the Hal Bop comet and discover the UFO that is behind it.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Yada, yada, Yada,...Ok Steve works PT AND makes a good living and inspires . But will this SFS help a BDCC IF he makes a effort to build a business instead of a JOB. Yes I like what I do. :roll:

P.S. no I don't want to order the 24 page special report or video presentation.

P.S.S. a simple 1 or 2 paragraph answer will do. Thank you. :p

DRScrivner

Steven Hoodlebrink said:
billyeadon said:
Well the Supremes didn't go far without Diana Ross and neither will SFS. Besides noone shimmers in a chiffon evening gown like the Island Boy.

Thats a mental image I didn't need this morning. :p
Don't go to SFS then Steve. I wake up some nights in a cold sweat screaming after what I saw there.

But for Jay, it is WELL worth it.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
DRScrivner said:
Steven Hoodlebrink said:
billyeadon said:

Thats a mental image I didn't need this morning. :p
Don't go to SFS then Steve. I wake up some nights in a cold sweat screaming after what I saw there.

But for Jay, it is WELL worth it.

Del,
The only time I wake up screaming is when they run out of Guinness on Wednesday night at the party.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I seem to remember once where Lee posted that he had been to Scott's business. Am I to intrepret Lee's response to mean that Lee was not impressed with Scott's business?
No Marty, though I was favorably impressed with the Rendall biz, I don't think Scott's chemistry and manner is suited for that type of motivation. Scott's a "one-on-one" type of mentor IMHO.

Thanks,
Lee

DRScrivner

billyeadon said:
Del,
The only time I wake up screaming is when they run out of Guinness on Wednesday night at the party.
I was gonna say that Bill, but didn't. I knew you would add it at your own speed!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Me? I ain't got the skills, I go to learn just like everyone else.

That's a gig that's got shoes that would be hard to fill.

If Bill didn't want to add days, Jeff Cutshall would be my best choice.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
How come I wasn't an option? I always make a spectacle of myself.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
I'd do it... 2k per gig + expenses. Steve, send my letter of recommendation out in the next tips mailing would you?

I vote Steve Polous too....nobody has taught me more about having a positive attitude and treating customers well....I wish we could get him on here more often....Steve is the best...

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
You know, Martin, becoming a "moderator" and all I had hoped your posts would a) become non-snarky in nature and b) intelligible. Sigh ...

Island Boy

PS Jay, I think your question got lost yesterday. My apologies for not getting back to you sooner.

"But will this SFS help a BDCC IF he makes a effort to build a business instead of a JOB?"

Simple answer. Yes, IF that is what he wants. Some of our SFS members make a conscious decision to "stay small" as owner/operators. But they tell me that the concepts (and the financial and marketing skills) they learn at SFS help their bottom line enormously. On the other hand ...

Others decide to grow their business. SFS gives them a "business template" based on a step by step Action Plan, along with a complete 500 page Operations Manual designed just for a cleaning and restoration business which also is on CD-ROM in Microsoft Word (included at no extra cost) so you can customize everything to your own company. Many members tell me SFS has all the advantages of a turnkey franchise (ready-made systems and procedures, ongoing support and multiple growth ideas) but none of the disadvantages of franchises. (High entry cost, never-ending royalties, restricted territories and lots of rules.) But than I am prejuidiced ...

Two paragraphs, Jay, and no video or Special Report. You make the call.

PPS Jeremy, 2K plus expenses? Yeadon and I are working way too cheap! But then I'doing it just for fun and Yeadon for the free Guiness. Works for us.

DRScrivner

Steve Toburen said:
PPS Jeremy, 2K plus expenses? Yeadon and I are working way too cheap! But then I'doing it just for fun and Yeadon for the free Guiness. Works for us.
I bet he can drink 2K worth of Guiness if you double dare him Steve.

The Preacher

i could present the material and make fun of Yeadon!!!

PS yeadon almost killed me 2x in Colorado! first he took me to top of the highest paved road in America, deprived me of o2, then drove down the mountain like he used to in the Bane RV back in the day! He owes me!!! :p

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom