Who has 2 thumbs & 12 inches...

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Thanks, I’ll let you know. I’m going to try the 2” to the wand. I’m not too worried about the balance, I just want flow.
I have run 2" to the wand for the past 20 years, and I can show you a more flexible 2" hose that goes to the wand the last 25', then I use a 2" to 1.5" hose cuff to the wand.

Call me. 937-299-1256.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I seriously don't understand why 1.75 never became the industry standard?

1.5 cuff slides nicely inside and 2 cuff slides nicely over.. and girly men won't get the arthritis
It probably has something to do with the pipe diameter of 1.75" pipe costing more because it isn't as popular as the 1.5" and 2" pipes within the industry. The increase in size between the 1.5" and the 2" is greater than between the 1.5" and the 1.75".

With more innovations in designing and building truckmounts, more engineering goes into creating these newer truckmounts. We have voiced our opinions to the manufacturers, and I think they are listening to us.

We, as carpet cleaners, have a lot more influence on the manufacturers than ever before. This is good for us and the manufacturers.

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It's not easy, all the tools, wand, Zipper. Stair tool, upholstery tool are all designed for 2 inch. Added a tool the requires a whip just complicates something that is already easy. 😤

Reactions: sassyotto

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
It's not easy, all the tools, wand, Zipper. Stair tool, upholstery tool are all designed for 2 inch. Added a tool the requires a whip just complicates something that is already easy. 😤
You hang a short whip in the truck. Easy peasy. I switch back and forth all the time. Today I'm using a 2 inch wand testing out my new used truck mount, until I have to do the stairs. Walk back to the truck and grab the stair tool and a whip hose, which has a flash cuff reducer so it connects easily to the main vac hose. Most of my upholstery tools are 1.5 as well as my stair tools. Zipper and rotovac are 2 inch. It's so easy to switch back and forth, I don't even notice when I'm doing it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Maybe for an owner op. When you run 6-8 TM's someone is always leaving something somewhere. If they leave without it, it's an unnecessary headache.

They only know 2 inch all told but the turbo tools are 2 inch. They usually are not on the truck unless they know they have a tile job. Even then if you don't go through their load list we could still get a call for whip. AND I sure felt like giving them the whip! 👿

Reactions: Cleanworks
Name
Jeff T
I dropped the ‘whip’ 2 months in, and never looked back.
I did a job today, 425’.
I think if I was to run a whip (8-12’), I would have had no suction....
Mind you, I still am a rookie...
WTF do I know...
Besides making MONEY....

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Maybe for an owner op. When you run 6-8 TM's someone is always leaving something somewhere. If they leave without it, it's an unnecessary headache.

They only know 2 inch all told but the turbo tools are 2 inch. They usually are not on the truck unless they know they have a tile job. Even then if you don't go through their load list we could still get a call for whip. AND I sure felt like giving them the whip! 👿
I can see for a large company having more standardized equipment. For myself, I like the versatility.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I'm thinking about just using this 2"-1.5" reducer I just found and connecting 2" inch hose to it, since I don't have the whip, or any 1.5" hose.

There's actually a youtube video of a guy using a whip and then connecting 2" directly to the wand via the reducer. You could hear the difference for what that's worth.

I honestly have never minded 2" to the wand, but I also go potty standing up.
Don't do that when you take a shit

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Flash cuff, whip hose. Ooh, that's so complicated, I might lose it, gag me with a spoon.

IMG_20190620_194246.jpg

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I dropped the ‘whip’ 2 months in, and never looked back.
I did a job today, 425’.
I think if I was to run a whip (8-12’), I would have had no suction....
Mind you, I still am a rookie...
WTF do I know...
Besides making MONEY....
The 1 1/2 dev wand with out the whip has tremendous suction it’s a beast

Reactions: Sierra Clean Care
Name
Lee Stockwell
I have dedicated whip hoses on each tool that requires one, namely turbos, stair tools and upholstery tools.

When I get the Devpro, soon, it will be 12x1.5 like the loaner. I prefer 2", but the 1.5 dazzled us. I also had issue with the tapered hose and will instead make a whip like Mike showed in the video.

Back
Top Bottom