Who here smokes?

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
If you do, do you worry about smelling like smoke when you are in your customers home?
Had a customer complain about one of my cleaning girls always smelling like an ash tray, she asked me to send someone different next time, only problem is i dont have anyone else to send.

FredC

Village Idiot
I smoke....I'm sure i smell like smoke but I try to minimize it.....not by soaking myself in axe like some.

Probably not the same reason but I worked for a company a few years ago where the cleaning ladies absolutely reeked of smoke. Why? Cause every break they took they all (6-8) piled into a van with the windows up (especially in winter) and smoked away.

i remember a customer telling me and another water tech that he was glad we didn't smell like smoke like the cleaning ladies.....................and we had just come back from a smoke break. :lol: .....but maybe the ass smell from sweating balls all day and being soaking wet covered it up.....

Able 1

Name
Keith
I smoke. What I do is smoke right after cleaning with the window wide open all the way to the next job.

I had one of my repeat custys say that her friend just had her carpets cleaned and the guys came in reeking of smoke and she was bashing them on facebook for it. She told her friend to hire me.. shiteatinggrin :lol:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I smoked since I was 15....then one day at age 45....I just got tired of it..threw everything away and walked away from it..stayed away for a few years then started and stopped...started and stopped....my problem is that it is to easy to stop all the time....

John Buxton

As a former smoker I can tell you that I can smell a smoker from 6 feet away. It is a disgusting bad habit that took a heart attack to get me to quit for good.

Please Quit!

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
NO ONE HERE SMOKES. :shock:

EVEN THOUGH YOU SAY YOU DO, YOU REALLY DON'T. hey Marty, blow me

The cigarette smokes,

You are merely the sucker on the end. !gotcha! shiteatinggrin

Believe it or don't, I also used to smoke.

Until I left high school on my 14th birthday.

I seed da light brudder. :roll:

Connor

Name
Connor
I have a customer that vapes, but it's not Prince Albert in the can, though. He's quite funny when he talks about it's attributes and such. "Ya know, there's like...... no ash...no ash...no....ash............" Then he looks longingly at it. Does it every time. Then he declares that it's not addictive.

FredC

Village Idiot
I vape too.....

though I prefer V4L/vapor king/similar....took me from 3+ packs a day to less than 1/2

now I just need to find some THC cartomizers :lol:
v4l.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib113RB5YEs&feature=related
http://v4l.com/

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
ShortyDownUnder said:
NO ONE HERE SMOKES. :shock:

EVEN THOUGH YOU SAY YOU DO, YOU REALLY DON'T. hey Marty, blow me

The cigarette smokes,

You are merely the sucker on the end. !gotcha! shiteatinggrin

Believe it or don't, I also used to smoke.

Until I left high school on my 14th birthday.

I seed da light brudder. :roll:

Reminds me of the joke:

Guy to girl....."Do you smoke after sex?"

Girl to guy....."I don't know, I never looked".

I started smoking when I was 12, smoked till I was about 28. Haven't had one since, but I could smoke one today if I let my guard down. I just liked smoking.

I don't like cleaning in a house where the custy is smoking. And I work with a restoration crew that smokes on all their breaks, and man do they smell of cigs when they come back to the job site. You know the custy smells them.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ever since I lost a lung, I cut my smoking in half. !gotcha!

Never smoked...Parents did and I couldn't stand it. You can imagine my surprise when 2 of my brothers ended up smoking later. :shock:

If you can't stop smoking....You're a big baby.

Just stop it for crying out loud.

5]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYLMTvxOaeE5]

I worked with a guy for a short period that would smoke right up to the customer's door.
No, I'm not kidding. Blew me away when he did it.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Yes clients can smell you if your a smoker. Don't kid yourself it smells nasty.

I have been cig free for 2yrs now. I can smell someone toking one 2 doors down.

I lived for those things 23yrs. Never thought I could quit. Hey its mind over matter.

Did like Tom Cermak and ate a bunch of butterscotch candy to ween myself off.

Good luck it a tough habit to kick.

B

Bill G. Martin

I think those that have stopped smoking need an "atta-Boy".......
I realize it is an addiction and needs to be treated as such....
My hat is off to you if you have quit smoking...

Bill in Central Florida

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
I quit when my oldest Son was born, 29 years ago. I hate the stale smell of cigarettes on someones clothes or their home if they smoke in it, but I still love the smell of them if someone lights up outside. I hate being inside a house where people are smoking and having to breathe in their smoke, but you can get the electric chair for smoking indoors in NY state so I don't have to put up with that often.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Tell her to not smoke right before going into job. Ask her to please put some perfume on, breath mints, etc... Spray herself down with excide! I quit 15 years ago and it was tough. Pack a day guy. I did it by subtracting a cigaret each day till I was down to 1. Then I just toughed it out and gained 10-15 pounds.

Really the best thing I ever could have done for myself. My Dad had 2 bouts of rheumatic fever in the military which damaged his heart and arteries yet, he still smokes. He now has 11 stints and he still ok's smoking saying the rheumatic fever is to blame! They say one of the hardest things to quit ever!

Those commercials I have been seeing lately are gnarly and hopefully really put a scare in the smoking community.

Good luck to all who are quitting or planning to quit.

G

greentech

I knew a guy that had a lung removed because he smoked. Didn't stop him. Everyone would ask when he was going quit.

His answer:
"I'll quit smoking 10 minutes after they are done cremating me".

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
Haven't smoked for the better part of 18 years...still enjoy the smell of a fresh burning smoke somewhat amus

Hang in there Les & Jim, took about a dozen times for me to stay quit. Cab of the work truck used to look like there was a squirrel living in it, covered with sunflower seed shells (spits were my methadone)

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I stopped a few years ago. About 6 months later I started with the nicotine tablets and still hooked on them. I'll probably die of a cancer caused by these things.

Albert

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom