who is rockin a fuel heated unit on here?

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I am about due for a new tm in the next 6 mos to a year. I am narrowing down my choices. Both my tm's have small 33 blowers and I gotta get somthing a little bigger for longer hose runs. I am giving consideration to a judson or possibly a tcs, I am just realy weary of the fuel heating system. For those who have little giant heat can you tell me the following?

1. How user friendly is it, especialy for employees?

2. how often and what routine maintenance needs to be done on them to keep them in safe working condition?

3. pro's / cons?

I am also giving some thought to an eldiablo. I will let mike put a thousand hours on his and let him be the guiney pig . It seems like larger fuel heated machines are cheaper than large hx ones, and my limit will be around 18 grand tops.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
LOL, I hope to have 1000 hrs on the eldiablo in a year.
Like I said, if you’re buying new, chose from what is supported locally. It’s very valuable to have someone nearby that is familiar with the machine and has most of the parts for it in stock.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Well.. I run two tcs units. And they never break down, and maintenance is very easy. Propane is very safe and I trust it very much. Go for the tcs. It will cost u less because all accesories are included.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
16k out the door will get u a tcs with a 45 blower and a 26 horsepower honda. Installed.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

FredC

Village Idiot
I started as an employee using Little Giant heaters..........very user friendly

except for that time I went to light it with scrap paper and and blew the side door off the truck and couldn't hear for a few minutes

but I could have been high and the need for me to light it with scrap paper should give some insight into how the company I worked for felt about routine maintenance....and there really isn't a lot to maintain on a LG.

I wouldn't hesitate to hand one over to an employee...........

between the two units you mentioned I would probably go TCS ...........footprint being the main reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: joeynbgky

Scott Rogers

I think TCS makes a fine machine, but i do disagree with the post above about foot print. the actual cleaning unit may be a bit smaller but when you factor in the waste tank which is under the judson that changes everything.

The one thing I dont like about the TCS machine, is i feel the pump is vulnerable the way it extends past the frame and hangs out where it could be damaged when putting other equipment into the truck on a daily basis. this is strictly my opinion.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
we have 2 number 4 little giants have to clean the burners prob every 5 months or so
replaced a couple of themo couplers which u can buy at the hardware stores
pretty user friendly
deisels i think ya have generator i dont have a clue but i do know they are more complicated

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I use a fuel fired heater....i took out the exchangers on mine, because i had the burner....that and they were plugged to hell and back...

with that said it is not a little giant, it doesnt have a burner ring, more like a hot air balloon type thing, so nothing to clean out...

But it does has a ignitor I have had to replace, and it sucks when it goes out...

Get the c-4 from judson and never look back

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Got a Powermatic (1992) with 2300 hrs just sitting in the garage, ready to install in a second truck.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It sure is fugly, looks like they just slapped a motor on top of a frame. However I hear it's a nice machine and most homeowners will never look out to the van anyway.

I am about due for a new tm in the next 6 mos to a year. I am narrowing down my choices. Both my tm's have small 33 blowers and I gotta get somthing a little bigger for longer hose runs. I am giving consideration to a judson or possibly a tcs, I am just realy weary of the fuel heating system. For those who have little giant heat can you tell me the following?

1. How user friendly is it, especialy for employees?

2. how often and what routine maintenance needs to be done on them to keep them in safe working condition?

3. pro's / cons?

I am also giving some thought to an eldiablo. I will let mike put a thousand hours on his and let him be the guiney pig . It seems like larger fuel heated machines are cheaper than large hx ones, and my limit will be around 18 grand tops.

Jon,

When you are shopping for a tm look at the components that you buying, not at the unit as a whole. All the engines cost about the same, give or take $100.00, blowers are about the same price, also pumps, gauges, regulators, pulleys, belts, hoses and wands. If a company is selling a Little Giant heater then it would be the same cost no matter who is selling it. But then look at the material the recovery tank is made of. A unit with an aluminum recovery tank cost about 1/3 of the cost of stainless steel. Otherwords if a unit had an aluminum tank, it cost about $1,500 to make. But with our units they are not just stainless steel, they are extremely thick heavy gauge stainless. Which cost over $4,500 to produce. There are other units with stainless tanks, but they are very thin and oil can stress over a period of time. But with a Judson unit, the amount of stainless in our recovery tanks, to make them rigid, plus the heavy gauge material that we use are constructed very strong. This design is a proven design. We have units that are still in service in eccess of 35 years. If you look at the value of a Judson unit, the construction cost, and the price that we are selling them, you will see that we are offering a better deal for the money. Another bonus of Judson is that we are the original designer and patent holder of the truckmount, so you are buying an original unit. Concerning the Little Giant Heater, Judson introuducted it to the carpet cleaning industy in 1970. We did all the modifications for this heater over the years to make it more user friendly for our industry. Anyway I just wanted to give you my personal sales pitch on our units. Also another unit that you might want to look at is Dwayne Oxyley's.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom