Who or what do you HATE..

Mikey P

Administrator
in or about this industry.

Don't hold back on fear of being banned, belittled or bullied.

Most humorous answer wins a lovely door prize that somebody will donate.

Rex Tyus

I hate cleaning in the rain. Its always a dirt(mud) driveway, parking in front, cross over solid white carpet in formal living room to access the den in the back of the house. Chicken shit all over the front porch as well.

Not really intended to be funny. Just the way it is. Picture it if'n you will.

-JB-

Name
JB
Lesbians....
that don't tell you they are lesbians till like the third or fourth time you reffer to her "husband" during the quote. :x

But I do love lesbians.... no kids.. real clean... lots a dough... love their pets like no other 8)

Brian L

Name
Brian L
Cars blocking the driveway........When you asked them the day before to please make sure and leave a space for the van in the driveway.................then when you pull up the next day there are cars everywhere.

Walt

I hate people that hate.

Oh, and people who follow you around to see if you are doing every square inch. Or want to know how much you are going to discount them because you not going to move the Piano. Only happens once or twice a year but.... oooooohhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! I hate that.

Name
Jesse
Fixing all the equipment, vehicles, ect.. that I wouldn't have broken if I was using it myself. Then getting some "valid" explanation on why it wasn't operator error that caused the problem, not being there what can I say. Within the next few years I'll have multiple van cams on each van.

Bob Foster

I hate when you got just a few hundred more square feet of carpet to clean and it's midnight and you run out of water...

Bob Foster

I hate it when I do a big job with long hose run and it's 220 feet and I only have 200 on the truck...

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
T. you stole my line!! :lol: :lol: Boy Toy Joe sure is getting alot of press on those "other boards". I don't like it when other cleaners say one thing on one board and then completely opposite on another! :roll:

BRSUMMERVILLE

When other cleaners bad mouth the cleaners that uses other method other than HWE.

IICRS approves different cleaning methods. Than turns around around agees with the carpet makers that HWE is the preffered method.

The industry in general is geared to HWE through print, classes, and bb.

Bob Rock

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Bob Foster said:
I hate it when you look under the sink and there isn't any more toilet paper...

Or you use the last 4 inch square on the roll and your finger pokes a hole in it

Rex Tyus

I hate it when cleaners of inferior methods think they are as good as me. I mean the IICRC approves those "other" methods as interim methods, and acknowledges at some point you gots to rinse that stuff out. What part of interim don't they understand.

:mrgreen:

-JB-

Name
JB
OOOOOOOOO! GOOD ONE JIM.

How about screen doors w/nowhere to put your hand to push, other than the edge.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Ernie G said:
I hate cancelations!!!!! Also not crazy about Jan. and Feb. and some employees.

You and I are the opposite, Ernie. I love cancellations especially when they take the pressure off an overbooked day, although I will usually fill them with a job that would normally have to wait a couple weeks. They can give you time to reflect and relax for an hour.
I love January and February when I can stay out late, sleep in late, take long vacations, and just live like a community organizer for a while.
I no longer have employees so that stress is gone.
The one thing I can't stand is when someone dogs you the whole time, you can't even scratch your balls without them watching you.

Name
BradFenstermaker
It really bugs me when the homeowner swears up and down there dog does not use the carpet for urinating. Then they ask what is that? Mrs. it is my peepee detector"Hydro-Sensor". Oh well my dog may have went a few hundred times under the Dining room table.

Also unkept pet homes where you have pet hair attacking your head and arms out of nowhere. Some of that hair is alive the way it dives off things onto me. Reminds me of Chris Farley when I go to wipeing and swatting that crap off.

Later

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Nightmares. Dreaming about carpet cleaning that I can't seem to finish, such a a big house and for some reason I never get it done, thus dragging on the nightmare.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
first and foremost, I don't like the schmoes that wear one face in public and completely different face in private.
like posting cheery accolades about a person or org on the boards, but in private will say those same peeps or orgs are a no good POS

I don't like moving Mrs. Phiff's end tables/coffee tables if she's too darn lazy to move piles of junk mail, magazines and cereal bowls off them

I don't like her little yapping mutt nipping at my heals
and no, Mrs Phiff, I don't think that pretty red bow the groomer tied on Fee-Fee is cute.
I think it's QUEER!
Maybe if the groomer tied it around Fee-Fee's wiener, he wouldn't pee all over your big buck white nylon

I hate to hear;

"Fee-Fee has only had one or two accidents"

Which usually means, the place has enough urine on the floor to fill Lake Champlain

I hate to hear;

"my husband will help you move the furniture when you get here"

what that usually means , he'll just be in our way
or..
wants to move all the furniture to one side of the room so we can clean that part, then wait for him to move it all back to the other side, so they can pay traffic lane or empty room price

I hate to hear;

"it will only take you a minute"

That usually means they expect it for real cheap or free.
Like asking you to spot clean a single cat puke stain in the bed room upstairs, on the other side of the house, across white nylon that she's "not having cleaned today"

"it will only take you a minute" :roll:

I hate to hear,

"but the other guy will do it for $9.95"

most of all I hate to hear;

"Oh, is that all it cost"?

..L.T.A.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Nothing related to the actual working of this business annoys me enough to label my feelings toward it as "hate." I like what we do for a living and appreciate the opportunities it affords all of us.

What I DO hate is bulletin board associated. I absolutely detest those of use who prey on these boards trying to promote, sell or otherwise push products, methods, or solutions to problems that don't exist, or needs that aren't in need of being met. I hate those who try to make rocket science out of this business in an effort to boost their own self esteem, or become an industry guru. The damage they cause to new, and gullible cleaners is very harmful and has been the cause of unnecessary purchases, loss of business and stress in mine, and many the businesses of many other posters I have come to know over the years.

It's a shame to see it, and can be frustrating to try and stop.

Mikey P

Administrator
A Board with no suppliers, manufacturers or the like allowed to participate?

I doubt it would last but we could try a room here just for fun.

Rex Tyus

Mikey P said:
A Board with no suppliers, manufacturers or the like allowed to participate?

I doubt it would last but we could try a room here just for fun.

NO. Can you say BORING?

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
I hate the fact that I am either looking for work to make money or making money & too damn tired to enjoy it.

PS- What Marty said.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom