Who or what do you HATE..

Rex Tyus

I hate having to read a Joe Polish hate post every other line on the ICS. I mean really, who gives a shit?

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
I hate running 2 1/2" vacuum hose to my 2" wand. I hate using blue parker solution line on my Butler live reel, especially when the weather gets cold. But, what I really hate is the knowledge that if I stop using these PITA things I won't do as thorough a job for my customers.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
i hate hearing about the "whos gotta bigger better Tm", its just a mind game, who cares as long as you do a good job and make some cash doing it!!! oh and cookies as tips just dont taste the same as cash..... but is appreciated

Able 1

Name
Keith
I hate the fact that people are making sales off this website and not paying in... :wink: Do I win?

I hate moving old Mables whole house when she said it would only be a few things.

I hate price shoppers.

I hate people that judge your cleaning right after the pre-spray was applied.(You couldn't get that out?)

John Watson

I hate it when my Helen isn't there to do the things I hate to do......

You guys just needs to get yor selfs a Helen!!!!!

theden

When customer schedules other service guys to be in the house at the same time we are cleaning. Pull up and there is another van in the driveway. Having to explain we have not choice as to park there because we are tethered to the truck. The other guys walking all over the freshly cleaned carpet. The same guys walking off the carpets on to a hard surface and having to explain to them over and over that it is slippery.

Name
R.J. Povio
end load houses....meaning you have to run hose through the garage and or through the front door that is 100 feet down the sidewalk to the front door

when people complain of an $85 min job....for when their kid spills something or dog/cat pukes shits or pisses....but they will pay "Joe the Plumber" 100 bucks to just come out and say your plumbings f'ed....it will be 100 bucks plus labor and parts to fix. Meanwhile us carpet cleaners have to have 40-75k worth of equipment and van, 2guys, and all the other expenses and ACTUALLY do work for the 85 bucks.

Yeah gotta love the "is that all" custys too. Especially after last year they complained about your price and this year you charged them more and now they say "is that all".

How about when a custy says well in the past ive paid 200 bucks....and your price is 500 bucks....is there any way you can "sharpen your pencil"....then after you knock 25 to 50 bucks off they say ok without hesistation.....My question if you were happy why the hell spend nearly 300 more....tell me to get the hell out...and hire the old cc company back. B/C xyz guy charged the same price and or charged the 2hunge and did a hack job.

hate it when you ask the custy upon entering the house....are there any cars in the garage that need to be moved b4 hoses get hooked up....naw we are staying the whole time til ur done. half hour later....my wife needs to get out and pick up the kids......looooove that

when warning the custy.....becareful you dont slip walking form carpet to hard surfaces....and 2 seconds later they fall on their ass!!! kinda funny....but def an insurance nightmare.

when you tab all the furniture and ur in a another room and the custy moves all the furniture "back to where it was"......oh wait if you used STICKY TABS you wouldnt have that problem...but before the DREAM TABS it was nightmareish..

when the carpet is a mess and has not been cleaned in 10yrs....you tell the people up front that ur gonna do ur best and there is most likely wear.....it cleans up mint aside from some wear in front of the couch and grandpas rockin chair....the custy asks "so that doesn't come any better in front of the couch and chair".

when people call up for an estimate...."how much do you charge to clean carpet"....can we be any more vague

or also when people call for an estimate....and will not give you information....like where do you live...."why does that matter with the price"....ahhh yeah....do u live an hour away or next door. "or I will tell you all that once you give me the price".....are you freakin kindin me

"you should give me a good rate.....I am a good customer"....amazing how the "good" customers hardly ever claim to be a good customer.

my child is sleeping....could you try to keep it down....right with a lawnmower engine and a super vacuum going its gonna be quiet.

when its 95 degrees outside and either the a/c in the house was never on....or they turned it off b/c the door has to be left opened....if it cost 2 extra bucks to run a/c on for the whole job that would be alot of money. plus now the carpets will take longer to dry....i sweat even more...and the a/c has to run longer and harder to keep up with the rise in temp in the whole hose due to cleaning with hot water and door being open a crack.

when people drive over your hoses

when customers take ur prespray and spray the shit out of spots that they feel need extra attention

little shit barking dogs.....the whole time ur there.....or when people leave their dogs in the house they go outside and come back in with muddy paws and walk over the freshly cleaned carpet..can you just go over that again....or when the dogs go and try to bite the wand head....and the customer stares at you...and doesnt call the dog or put the dog away

there is carbon filtraition dust all over the edges of the rooms....custy says can you get that out...and by the way we just had all the walls painted so please becareful

I love the biz we are in....dont get me wrong....we run across many things that any job would encounter...but when you are in peoples houses....dealing with them face to face its a whole different ball game.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
When custy starts moving furniture after you're done witht the room. "You don't mind cleaning behind this right"?.

When cleaners talk about how their system is the only one that can do a decent job.

When people bullshit on the boards, never had a wickback in the ten years I've cleaned, only have had one callback in five years. Unless you retain 100% of your customers you never will know the answer to this.

I hate big freakin houses where one room is in the opposite side of the house and it's only a minimum job.

I hate having to carry the rx up stairs, specially a 3 level house. But the killer cleaning makes me do it most of the time.

I hate when my sprayer clogs and I have to go back to the van to clear out the filter.

Albert

Chris A

Name
Chris
Contemporary Carpet Clean said:
when the carpet is a mess and has not been cleaned in 10yrs....you tell the people up front that ur gonna do ur best and there is most likely wear.....it cleans up mint aside from some wear in front of the couch and grandpas rockin chair....the custy asks "so that doesn't come any better in front of the couch and chair".

when people call up for an estimate...."how much do you charge to clean carpet"....can we be any more vague

"you should give me a good rate.....I am a good customer"....amazing how the "good" customers hardly ever claim to be a good customer.

my child is sleeping....could you try to keep it down....right with a lawnmower engine and a super vacuum going its gonna be quiet.

when customers take ur prespray and spray the shit out of spots that they feel need extra attention

little shit barking dogs.....the whole time ur there.....or when people leave their dogs in the house they go outside and come back in with muddy paws and walk over the freshly cleaned carpet..can you just go over that again....or when the dogs go and try to bite the wand head....and the customer stares at you...and doesnt call the dog or put the dog away

there is carbon filtraition dust all over the edges of the rooms....custy says can you get that out...and by the way we just had all the walls painted so please becareful

Funny, Funny ,Funny!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Honestly, I don't like to waste my energy on hate.
Hate is just a control that someone or something has over you and how you feel.

There are many points on this thread that list the challenges of CCing in general. I am sure that I have experienced them all and more thus far.

I learned that when you hate, all it does is screw up your point of view, your tolerence and your whole attitude towards your life, family, friends and career.

Take it from someone who has had plenty of reasons to hate...and have hated (like any human).

Let go of the it and live your life like YOU want to...not how someone MAKES you.

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
Furnace puff backs in extremely filthy houses. I HATE cleaning some slobs filth just because soot got on it.

Water damage jobs in basements of pack rat slobs who have never thrown anything out in their lives and seem to collect other peoples crap and store it there too. Then want to stand there and inspect every piece of trash that my guys are bagging up.

When one of my employees breaks a piece of crap dollar store nick knack and it is suddenly transformed into a priceless antique that was brought over on the mayflower.

Paying taxes.

Employees that don't answer after hours calls.

Employees that lie.

Employees that steal.

Employees that call in sick.

People who "go through the motions" without actually caring or inspecting their work to see if they did a good job.

People who have opinions on things they've never done, experienced or know anything about.

People who google stuff and answer other peoples questions like they actually know what the hell their talking about. (see above)

And everything Marty said.....I mean I agree with everything Marty said.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Can I play too? :wink:

I actually don't HATE anything about this industry but the people that treat us the same way they hate to be treated irks me something fierce.

Contemporary Carpet Clean brought up that you guys have 40-75k invested (It really is alot more then that) in your buisness's. Well to keep you guys up and running we have over 250k in inventory at any given moment and we are just little guys. So next time your talking to your supplier whomever that may be thank them for risking their families futures on your families futures.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
A double amen to that John! The amount invested in supplies is staggering even for the little distys.

Weebco

Name
Gary Wiebe
I hate walking up to the front door, and before you can ring the door bell , you walk smack dab into a big spider web.

I hate going into a regular customers house, who left the key under the mat, just to have the alarm go off, because she forgot to turn off the alarm. And to top it off the next time this same lady has me clean her house again, and leaves her key under the mat. This time the alarm is off, but after cautiously walking in the front door, a huge electronic Santa Clause says , HO Ho Ho.

I hate taking off the insulation on the hose bibb, just to find it full of hornets.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
the key is under the flower by the front door......

100_3875.jpg

Name
Bruce
I hate when customers/friends see me in the store/mall and say "I really need to call you to set up an appointment to get my carpets cleaned"

or when someone says "are you still doing that carpet cleaning thing? "

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
suppliers/manufacturers that sell there sole and creditability for a buck.............

( just read the other boards you will understand )

Weebco

Name
Gary Wiebe
People who tell you every time they see you, that they need to have their carpets cleaned but never actually book the job.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
admiralclean said:
Another thing I hate is seeing someone so smart that he are one of my three idols on this board who can't spell worth a shit. :p

soul...damit........

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
I hate it when you do business with a certain distributor for seven years, build relationships with people, love doing business with them, and then the pinhead at corporate gets himself a consultant and starts to "re-organize" the company. People get new titles (demotions), less money...not surprisingly people start to leave. The whole time it is apparent to the simple-minded rug sucker that not only have his friends been taken for granted and taken advantage of, but he himself is being taken for granted. Now when he calls his distributor he doesn't get ahold of anyone at his local place - instead, he gets to talk to a "salesperson" who he doesn't know and who is sitting several hundred miles away. Being a simple minded rug sucker, I'm starting to wonder things like..."why not try some other distributors that you've been wanting to try over the years?" I'm sure I'll forget about it all and just be a good little bundist for the pinhead.

I hate the unmitigated arrogance, the intellectual sophistry, the fatuousness of this particular pinhead. Soon, when the time is right, I will talk to him myself and achieve some level of catharsis.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom