Chris A

Name
Chris
about a year now, I've gone through two chem selector (on-off-prime) switches

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I run Procyon through my Genesis (the Procyon is probably the closest rinse to MB Soap Free) I have used Procyon since day one with my TM, and haven't experienced any problems with the plumbing. I also run a water softener onboard.

When I first tried MBSF, I didn't like it. I may try it again to compare.

Mark

I've been running soap free for about a year and went threw 3 sets of check valves, several brass pieces on the chemical system and now my on/off/prime switch is seeping

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
have any of you guys brought this issue up to Masterblend who are having the problem as well as the product code for you particular jugs? It might be a trackable problem.

Mikey P

Administrator
bc56f453.jpg

:shock:

T

The Magician

Clean it up overnight with vingar a and run 02 for a while.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Mountain View Carpet Care said:
Why make an awesome prespray without adding a crossion inhibator?

I thought Forsythe said they did use an inhibator but it was Procyon that didn't?

Farenheit251

Not sure if Shawn mentioned a corrosion inhibitor. I know Scott Warrington mentioned it often when comparing Procyon to Prolong-he even has glass jars with each product and brass to show the difference.
I do recall Shawn mentioning all the problems he sees from running oxidizers through the machine. I'll do it on a job that really needs it and then flush the system well.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Anyone (whether or not you are my customer) who has parts that you believe have been damaged by Soap Free, contact me. If you are my customer, I'll replace the part, regardless of what MB or your equipment manufacturer thinks. if you aren't, I'll do my best to help you.

But I would like to have as many different items as possible, labeled with the brand of machine and approximate hours or days of use, so that I can submit them all the Masterblend at once.

PM me or call me at 800-342-2297, extension 107.

I promise I'll follow through aggressively.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Yeah, it was Shawn. Check out the thread: "Why does Soap Free work?"
Questioning was directed to comparing Soap Free vs Procyon. Shawns response to one of Mikeys questions answered on 10/30/09.

Here's the link:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=33387&p=368902&hilit=procyon#p368902

And a sampling..

Procyon is straight Sodium Tripolyphosphate.

MasterBlend's Soap Free is quite a bit more complex, as it is designed to be more effective than STPP alone..

Soap free also has a component of traditional cleaners that Procyon is desperately missing, and that is a Corrosion Inhibitor. STPP just loves reactive metals like brass. Using straight STPP without a corrosion inhibitor is no problem for us suppliers, as we make extra money when your brass fittings, your disconnects and your pressure valves fail ina fraction of the time they usually last. But, if you are a conscientious cleaner who has limited financial resources, or you just plain like to spend your money on other things, you may want to think twice about using home brews or products that have corrosive components & don't also contain corrosion inhibitors.

Maybe MB forgot a key ingredient in their Soap Free recipe? They had a screw up at the plant with a batch of Liquid Redline. Here's the link for that thread where David Sweeney found out about that mishap. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=33927&hilit=Redline
Here's what he responded to Jimmy Ladwig:

Jimmy, Masterblend had to pull most of their last batch because of a goof at the factory. Somebody mislabled a barrel and instead of having antifoaming properites, you had a product that you needed a couple of containers of anti foam just t to make it through the house. So my guess is it has not been fairly tested with real cleaners yet.

Masterblend was ready to reimburse cleaners impacted by the problems.
David responded when I asked if the problems were isolated to Redline or Soap Free as well:

When I talked to Aaron G. (Masterblend's Co-President), he said it was just on that one product. If you had a one of the new liquid redlines and was having an issue, simply call the company they will either reimburse you or get you a better gallon.. whichever you preferred.

Maybe there's a quality control problem there?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Procyon always ate the brass...plenty of small problems...cleaned great but got expensive to buy it.

One of my subs uses Soap Free and his chem meter just took a dump on him..not sure if it's related.

markjennings

Hi all, Mark Jennings with MasterBlend.
We started adding corrosive inhibitors just after the inception of Soap Free.
If you have experienced a problem with Soap Free, please contact me directly by calling 800-525-9644 ext 23. I will send you an empty 1# shaker with the Soap Free label on it. If you could send a sample back we will check the product in our lab.
While calling me, we can also arrange this through your local distributor as well.
MasterBlend stands behind our product and you the professional cleaner 100%.
Please give us the opportunity to evaluate what may have happened.
I will respond personally with the outcome.

See you all at Mikey's Fest!!
Mark Jennings

markjennings

An empty small container labeled with the Soap Free label so that you can return a small portion to me for testing.

markjennings

Responding to the Soap Free issue;
Sorry for the time delay, however, it takes a little time to have product returned, tested and to locate batch information.
MasterBlend has experienced an isolated blending issue with Soap Free.
It was a small batch produced on 10-21-09.

If you have purchased any Soap Free on or around this date and have experienced any type of corrosion issues, please call MasterBlend and we will ship you replacement of product only.

Most of this small batch had been packaged into our 42# pails and the majority of this product had not shipped and was taken out of our inventory. A very small amount were packaged in our 6# jars.

This is a small amount of product in the field.

We have rectified the problem so that this will not happen again in the future. MasterBlend has made large investments in acquiring new blending equipment. In addition, a second chemist has been brought on board to the MasterBlend team. MasterBlend will continue to bring new innovated products to our industry.
There were a few discussions regarding our new Red Line Liquid. Be assured that this 32:1 Liquid Prespray is one of the finest on the market.

We apologize for any inconvenience and are ready to make certain that this situation is resolved.

INSTRUCTIONS: Call MasterBlend at 1-800-525-9644. We will ask you to fax to us your receipt of purchase which shall show the date that you purchased the product. Fax to: 303-373-4968. Thank you for your continued business!!!! MasterBlend

Chris A

Name
Chris
Mark I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but both my issues happened over the summer, May and August. Now I've got a busted flow meter as well it seems. That may be from the current batch. On an unrelated note, anyone try Prochem Axiom?

Mikey P

Administrator
Les Jones sold it to me.
Two of them actually.

and before Olsen chimes in about it being the 02 rinse's fault, rest assure, I have never ran that through that meter.

I do know that Marty used Soap Free as a PTO lubricant so Masterblend will be buying him a new Vortex.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
I'd say go with Jimmy's suggestion. Use a stainless steel flowmeter. I'm not saying all are, but all the models I have in stock are all stainless (for Prochem's, Hydramaster's, White Magic's, Blueline's, Masterblend's and Steam Genie's).

These two are the most common that use an adjustment knob.

Dwyer model: VFA-41-SSV
for range .6-5 GPH

Dwyer model: VFA-42-SSV
for range 2-10 GPH

All you will need is one, then.

p.s. add "-VIT" to the above Dwyer part numbers to go all out, and get Viton o-rings.

T

The Magician

Anyone use harballs power power soap free. Or is it the same as the rest?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom