Who sells scotchguard brand?

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I was thinking about selling it and putting the stickers on the corner guards like someone here does. I don't even push protector on carpet but figure everyone knows scotchguard. Does it work?

Albert

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
If you do an SFS course, they give you all the tools to let Scotchgard sell itself, nearly. !gotcha!

Wish they had a Licensed applicator program down under again for Scotchgard. thathurts

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Shorty- I think the only requirement to be a licensed applicator is to buy the product.

W sell it on about 35,000 jobs a year or so.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I use an Aussie made protector since 3M no longer supply the Scotchgard in bulk down under.

The only product they sell is in the spray cans.

If I could get it here, I would use it.

I have made enquiries from Jon-Don however the freight is well in excess of the purchase price.

Then I have customs duty + other costs here as well.

I end up paying approximately three times the purchase price to get ten boxes landed into Cairns.

When treating carpet or upholstery, I also charge 50% as you do.

On new upholstery I charge the same as I would to clean that piece.

Ivebeensold

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
So they are both water based (Scotchgard / Teflon)?. How much does it add to the dry times?. I like the solvent ones better but I'll try something if it's easier to sell.

The mills recommend Teflon?. Is this statement true. Wasn't there people freakin out about Teflon some time ago?

Albert

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Johnny said:
What do yall charge for protector?

I never push it.
I would never promote high-pressuring the customer in their home, Johnny. (Or anywhere else for that matter!) High pressure, bait-and-switch tactics are sleazy, immoral, many times illegal and ultimately counter-productive.

HOWEVER, there is a huge difference between "pushing" a product and orienting your customer on the features/benefits of a service or product. After all, they can't buy if they don't know about it! :)

One great no-pressure way to pre-orient your client is to have a separate ScotchGard page on your website. Here's how to do it:

http://sfs.jondon.com/5319/bhc/why-and- ... ng-website

Steve Toburen
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS Most cleaners tell me they are charging between 15 to 20 cents per foot. This isn't bad money with your applied cost between 3 to 4 cents per foot if you buy ScotchGard on sale.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I just got around to trying the gallon I had in my house. I cleaned approx. 300 sft. and sprayed 1 gallon of the Scotchgard with an upholstery pump up sprayer. I'm not getting any kind of beading when I drop some water on it (24hours later). I mixed 1 part sg to 4 parts water.

I found a guide online that says application should be 1 pint per 26sft. That's one gallon for every 100sft. That seems like way overwetting the carpet. What are my doing wrong.

If the product doesn't convince me, I can't try to sell it.

Albert

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Steve Toburen said:
[quote="Albert Lazo":1z7kzh7j]... everyone knows scotchguard. Does it work?
Yes ... in two ways.
1. The carpets stay clean longer.
2. Your bank account grows bigger.
Steve Toburen
[/quote:1z7kzh7j]

The second is true the first is false.
The carpet does not stay clean longer.
It may resist some stains a little better, it does not stay clean longer!

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Ofer Kolton said:
[quote="Steve Toburen":71xrvivh][quote="Albert Lazo":71xrvivh]... everyone knows scotchguard. Does it work?
Yes ... in two ways.
1. The carpets stay clean longer.
2. Your bank account grows bigger.
Steve Toburen
[/quote:71xrvivh]

The second is true the first is false.
The carpet does not stay clean longer.
It may resist some stains a little better, it does not stay clean longer!
[/quote:71xrvivh]

Right on! The carpet will still get dirty. I can't count how many times I have to explain this to my customers: there is no way a layer of some type of protections on the fabric will stop you humans or animals to track dirt on the given fabric or spill stuff or throw up on!!

What it does, that it helps to clean it up easier, not allowing everything to soak into the fabric, like it would if there was no protector applied.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
The idea is the dirt won't stick...or be attracted. Vacuuming is more productive etc.

I believe it....to a certain extent...But nothing but cleaning with keep a carpet clean longer.

Gravity and all that.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Any protector out there that will actually bead?.

You know, that picture that a lot have on their website with the wine floating on top. Ivebeensold

Albert

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
I don't get all the hype. Done areas in my own home and can't tell the difference at all.

Customers(new) that have had it in the past, request it.

I just can't promote something that doesn't work for me after testing.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've done my own home and been back to customers house to reclean a year or so later.

Scientifically I can't say.

But I can say it usually makes my cleaning easier...or at least it appears to.

And the carpets always clean up well.

There was a point in time when I sold scotchgard on every job I could....back in the O/O days.

Always seemed to make a difference to me.....But no real testing.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Albert Lazo said:

You know, that picture that a lot have on their website with the wine floating on top. Ivebeensold

Albert

For that to happen Albert, you need a dense (plush) carpet.

Same as on fabrics, if you have an open weave fabric, the Scotchgard will disappear through the weave in the open areas, although it will still be coating the fibers and doing what it was intended to do.

With a close (tight) weave fabric, the Scotchgard, (or most any liquid for that matter), will pool momentarily before soaking into the fiber.

These protectors are not bullet-proof and will not stop all products that may stain, but they do help big time in reducing problems, especially if the home-owner attends to a spill asap.

Hope you can understand my down under analogy. shiteatinggrin

Shorty.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Albert Lazo said:

Albert
Years ago I used to use Carpet Guard by Guardsman. You can take a Kleenex, dip it into the product, dry it, and it will repell water. It is a solvent.

It seemed to be much better than some silicon products, that some claim attracts soil, and may even void some stain warranty. Carpet Guard though would pick up that warranty if you used it on the carpet. Not sure what the deal is now though.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
"WE SELL AGAINST IT..... :shock: :shock: :shock: "

We offer an ALTERNATIVE.... :idea:

We explain to the cleint....

Your cleaning charge is $300.00...+ Fabric protection is $150.00 = $450.00 "no warranity..!"

......................................................or............................................ :idea:

You can sign-up for our maintaince plan... 8)

And you can have the SAME area's cleaned in 6 months @ 20% OFF... :!: :!: :!: $240.00

So...One cleaning for ...$450.00
.................or..................
Two cleanings for ....... $540.00

By choosing the maintaince plan.... :!:

The second cleaning in reality only cost you $90.00.... :shock: :shock: :shock: 8)

ps..WE DO NOT....pressure the cleint to clean the SECOND TIME....with-in 6 Months.... :roll:
We simply OFFER the discount of 20%..."IF they re-schedule with-in 6 months... :idea: "
If the job is NOT scheduled prior to the deadline...NO DISCOUNT... :cry:
YES....The are contacted prior to the deadline....TO REMIND THEM OF THE DISCOUNT... !gotcha!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom