Who uses a Rotary Extractor on Wool?

Mikey P

Administrator
Wall to wall or rugs..

No doubt any of them will pull up more staple fibers than a wand but will a thick filthy pile see more soil removed with a RE than a shampoo brush and wanding?

Will the Brush yank as much as an RE?

Do teflon glides for the RX20 keep it more gentle?

or is it just a bozo no no and a real wool pro would never think of such a dastardly ct.

Lets hear it..

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
A couple of years ago the guys were slammed with water damage work and the rug pile was just getting bigger. So I got off MB for a few minutes and went and cleaned some rugs. We normally clean the twice, once to remove heavy soil, the second to detail and clean fringe.

So i badger them, vacuum them, making a pile of a dozen or so and begin cleaning. Used the Cimex with the soft brushes and fine fabric shampoo. Extract them with the Powerglide, staying away from the edges and fringe. They cleaned up great and with the Cimex breaking up any impacted areas, the Powerglide easily rinsed them.

No harm to them, but I didnt pick any thin rugs or obvious bleeders.

I'm sure the rug snobs just chit hearing this and it confirms me as a bozo. But they looked pretty damn good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I RXed everything, with and without glides, including all kinds of wool, for years. Never a problem with any wool.

Probably dumb luck.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Wool is clearly harder to flush and needs more water so we always used the rotovac followed by the wand . Now we use the whittaker followed by the zipper .

Gene

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Never had an issue using either a Rotovac or an RX-20 cleaning wool. Never had an issue using a rotary brush either, but know what brush and how much shampoo is needed to keep from doing harm.

There are obviously some carpets to skip though. A soft Karastan loop shouldn't be cleaned with a lot of agitation, rotary or otherwise.

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom