Who's in Oklahoma City?

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
I'm here in OC for a couple of days and wonder if anyone on Mikey's is here as well.

Anyone... anyone...?

(Beuler...?)

Jamesh921

Name
James
!@

Well shoot Duane, I'm an hour east of OKC.

I'd like to hang out with you for a couple hours (if you'll dumb down your vocabulary a few notches) but this weekend is booked pretty tight. PM me your cell phone and, if I get finished early enough on saturday, I'll come buy you a cold one and tell you some BIG OKLAHOMA LIES that make those big texas stories sound like texas mini'basters.

Call me around 4-6 pm to see if my crew can carry me to a point of "I'm here!!! What can I do for you"
Seriously, if I'm no too rocked from working all day, I'll come chill with ya. Only thing is, I bring my baggage with me. Wherever I go, my wife and 6 yr old son come with me.

Thay are great, so don't be asssscccczaaaaaiiiiiiiirrrrrd
dddd un dem Thay's crazy - -- - but FUN crazy

You got the cahones to hang out with us:? Let's do it

tim

Just saw this post, I am in Edmond/OKC. You just shipped some cleanstreak here. Hope you enjoyed your stay!

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
James:

Thanks for the PM's. Sorry it didn't work out, Maybe next time, if there is one. That's the first time i've been to OKC and it wasn't for enjoyment. Lynn's Dad is stage 4 lung cancer and in Hospice care in Edmond. Looks like a matter of days now before he's gone. She hadn't seen him in 9 years and suddenly, we get this call that he's stage 4 and we have to come ASAP.

He's pretty famous for his professional life as a researcher for Bausch and Lomb. He invented gas permeable contacts while there, and later, after leaving, came up with bifocal contacts.

Tim:

The way things developed, it probably would have been difficult to break away and get together. We got away one day and went to a restaurant at lake Hefner. (Weird lake, BTW. It seemed dead somehow. No trees that I could see and the water was m-u-d-d-y. Lynn's sister said that she's never heard of anyone catching any fish there. I wouldn't be surprised, based on how it felt the day we went.)

We just got back Friday.

tim

Lake Hefner does have fish, even has a fish hatchery but it took a beating the last year due to an extreme drought. It does get muddy due to the strong winds here in the midwest/southwest. It is primarily a water supply and not known for great fishing except sand bass in the spring and catfish. You must have eaten at Mama Rojas or Red Rock Canyon Grill. Both decent restaurants but probably would have enjoyed Bricktown more. Give me a ring if you ever come back this way

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom