Who's messing with my company?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I didn't mean for this to turn into a war but I should of known. lol...Thanks for the help.

I'm not going to give out any info at all just because that's what got me into this mess to begin with.

These two "people" who posted the comments make no reference to my quality of work. They are more or less just slamming my company because my name used to be service 1 and Just carpet cleaning...years ago.
I never had complaints or problems under any of those names.
Saying I must be a shady company (without ever using me), I am working in more than one area and other stuff.
The more I read them, the more I am sure no one will pay attention to it.
I responded to the complaints and left my phone number for any customer to call....the other ones didn't have any information on them at all.
Legit is legit...an vise versa.
It just pissed me off when I first saw it.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Brian Robison said:
I didn't mean for this to turn into a war but I should of known. lol...Thanks for the help.

I'm not going to give out any info at all just because that's what got me into this mess to begin with.

These two "people" who posted the comments make no reference to my quality of work. They are more or less just slamming my company because my name used to be service 1 and Just carpet cleaning...years ago.
I never had complaints or problems under any of those names.
Saying I must be a shady company (without ever using me), I am working in more than one area and other stuff.

DUDE...you almost started a RiOt...up-in-here.... :shock:
You had better GROW...some thicker skin..."If you are going to COMPETE in that market"
Just remember...."If you play in SH@T...Sooner or later...You will get some on YOU"...

The more I read them, the more I am sure no one will pay attention to it.
I responded to the complaints and left my phone number for any customer to call....the other ones didn't have any information on them at all.
Legit is legit...an vise versa.
It just pissed me off when I first saw it.

Bob Foster

meAt said:
couple "if's" in my statement coming , but they're important ones

IF you can determine beyond reasonable doubt it was someone from here
IF it can be determined that the comments they left are untrue

I'll see to it that they're banned

..L.T.A.

And they will never be allowed back here.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
RickL said:
Didn't Jim Martin have a similar problem not to long ago with a couple guys posting bad reviews on his website?
I just don't get how someone could do this, sick people! It appears we've lost Brian but if not hope you find them and expose them.

Yep I sure did...both guys were off this board...Since I have been on here I have a 3 different companies use my name and logo in 3 different states and a few ( closer to home) copy my ellipses......Price you pay for just trying to help others succeed in this industry....

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
You could encourange your clients to post glowing reviews to overwelm the couple of bad ones.

Anyway having tons of reviews good (or bad) may actually improve your search results.

Somethiung we all should do.

-JB-

Name
JB
Brian,

The only thing I can offer is that you seem to be well intentioned on what you post here, but dude, you do post A LOT of information about your business. If you truly do want to "help" others out, call them, it's waaaay safer, and the few guys that you do help will be better for it.

Also, I will add, there are waaay more lurkers in here than posters, even though it doesn't seem that way, it is, look at the bottom of the opening page when you log on, it can be very enlightening.

Name
Lee Stockwell
The worst thing I've encountered from the boards (not this one) was in 2003 when I had the accident. Two lurkers swooped in and tried to get a couple of my important accounts, with temporary success.

I'm also curious as to the source and content of the comments you found.

Thanks,
Lee

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
lol...Leave it to Fred. You computer geek. You're lucky I love you. :wink:

I have plenty of good reviews on there to counter the bad...but it doesn't change the fact that those "reviews" were bogus in their intent.

Stevie and others are right. I've have said way too much about what I do. It's my boyish stupidity and trusting nature.
I've said what I've said and I can't change it....but it won't happen again.

Thanks for the calls and pms and emails from the good guys on this board. It's appreciated.

Able 1

Name
Keith
FCC said:
False addresses for company - Jan 3, 2010
This company has so many names and mailing addresses that go to UPS Stores and Mail Boxes Etc., that it shows that their only goal in my opinion is to continually dupe Google into giving them a high ranking in the local search boxes. Not an ethical way to do SEO and I won't have them cleaning my carpets.
[Flag as inappropriate]
0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Was this review helpful? Yes - No

I do that also, so what it helps rankings. Must be someone(a pos) in your area...

Spurling

So who is the new member that registered in the last 2 weeks that would connect to this thread .. and how did they stumble on to Mikeys board

Name
jack zerkie
No website for me , I like to get yelled at in person, yep every so often murphys law gets in my face. # 1 get clean and keep it simple. Leave a card and a fridge magnet and on to the next job. Still cant text and don,t , but can talk on the cell phone works for me . jack z.

Spurling

Member 4256 Dec 9th lurker - minimal info .. hmmm
Member 4269 Dec 14th lurker - minimal info .. hmmm
Member 4290 Dec 25th lurker - minimal info .. hmmm

Member 4279 Dec 17th -strange post .. dosent seem like a carpet cleaner .. more like someone interested in services .. hmmmmmmm .. could this be the one ..

Can you tell Im bored as hell .. Im worse than my daughter with her Facebook ..

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Brian- look at your post on rich cleaners conference, that's their business. It was probably not them, but look what you said to their perspective customers and always remember what goes around comes around. IMO

tracywalker

Name
Tracy
Brian, Be flattered that someone actually is that threatened by you to take the time to write that crap. This is Bull crap and pisses me off and I have never met or talked to you in my life. LOL. Hopefully it was not a MB regular? Who the heck joins an industry message board before getting their carpets cleaned?

Spurling

If it was a customer, someone from the board directed them to it - to support the claim of deceit - to gain leverage for their own interests ..?

I feel like Im playing a game of Clue ..

Name
Evets
Jim Martin said:
RickL said:
Didn't Jim Martin have a similar problem not to long ago with a couple guys posting bad reviews on his website?
I just don't get how someone could do this, sick people! It appears we've lost Brian but if not hope you find them and expose them.

Yep I sure did...both guys were off this board...Since I have been on here I have a 3 different companies use my name and logo in 3 different states and a few ( closer to home) copy my ellipses......Price you pay for just trying to help others succeed in this industry....

I have seen your company name being used by others(can't remember where).
Do you have the name trademarked?

When I was deciding which name to use for my company, the first thing I did was secure the dot com, second thing I did was secure the trademark.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Stevie Bs said:
[quote="Jim Martin":x3qbw5vb]
RickL said:

I have seen your company name being used by others(can't remember where).
Do you have the name trademarked?

When I was deciding which name to use for my company, the first thing I did was secure the dot com, second thing I did was secure the trademark.[/quote:x3qbw5vb]

I have always had everything trade marked...I have the TM sign by everything.......logo....tag lines(4)..name.. and a few other things.....but I don't loose to much sleep over it...imitation is just a sign of weakness.......and so far as I can tell it has not effected my company...I have everything documented and filed away and when or if it does then I will take the steps that I have to.....

LeeCory

Does not look like someone from this board posted that. I bet it is either a real customer that did some research and posted their honest opinion, or a local competitor.

Either way, no way would someone from this board be so stupid as to do such a thing and then actually write "Mikeys Board" in their complaint.

Also, yes I think something like this would hurt you when people read it. Nobody would want to deal with a shell company that has lots of names and they don't know who they are actually dealing with. I hope you can get rid of it.

tweathers

Brian,

I hope you continue to share your experiences. I joined here two days ago and am blown away with the knowledge on this forum. My partner and I are more in the trade of carpet and tile laying, but because some of the carpet that we get from the wholesaler here in Miami can be less than our high-standards, it's embarrassing to say, "Here's your new carpet, enjoy it after you get it cleaned."

Now the carpet is great quality and brand, but warehouse dust, delivery truck whatever (smell, dust, etc.) makes us want to get it clean once laid. So we thought there may be some extra money to be made at that, and while you are tipping your hand quite a bit, for someone looking for exact information on how to jump start a business idea, your posts (and everyone else's) have been very helpful.

To be honest with you, I never look at reviews because I could get 100 of my friends and family to post reviews and you never get any qualitative use out of them.

Any way, I'm a newbie and should probably be quiet, but I wanted to toss that out here. I also agree that in reading most of the posts here, that it doesn't sound like the tone or demeanor of anyone on this Mikey's Board. All the posts I've read have been helpful, honest, and in friendly gesture.

Bill Soukoreff said:
It is for sure a competitor. It seems they posted valid beefs or am I missing something?

So what you are saying is everything they said was true and Brian should just live with it. No doubt a competitor and likely not someone from this board. Put yourself in their shoes though. They may have honest reputable businesses and just want the general public to have a heads up on companies that are not what they appear to be and use subs or clearly bait and switch and do shitty work like most coupon hacks. Brian is a little different or atleast I think he is. If he is booking jobs at 30 cents a foot then he is likely getting good contractors. I do think he should not pull a smoke and mirrors trick on his customers. Just tell them you are a national company that works with pre-selected contractors etc.. When Mrs. Piff calls Priority Carpet and Mikes Carpet Cleaning etc. shows up I can see how that would be a problem if they were not told on the front end a sub was coming out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom