Who's messing with my company?

Name
Bill Soukoreff
danielc said:
Bill Soukoreff said:
It is for sure a competitor. It seems they posted valid beefs or am I missing something?

So what you are saying is everything they said was true and Brian should just live with it. No doubt a competitor and likely not someone from this board. Put yourself in their shoes though. They may have honest reputable businesses and just want the general public to have a heads up on companies that are not what they appear to be and use subs or clearly bait and switch and do shitty work like most coupon hacks. Brian is a little different or atleast I think he is. If he is booking jobs at 30 cents a foot then he is likely getting good contractors. I do think he should not pull a smoke and mirrors trick on his customers. Just tell them you are a national company that works with pre-selected contractors etc.. When Mrs. Piff calls Priority Carpet and Mikes Carpet Cleaning etc. shows up I can see how that would be a problem if they were not told on the front end a sub was coming out.

Yeah, I agree with the above.

I just checked the Google Business Listing Quality Guidelines and look what it says:

Physical Location
Do not create listings at locations where the business does not physically exist.
PO Boxes do not count as physical locations.
Do not create more than one listing for each business location, either in a single account or multiple accounts.
Businesses that operate in a service area as opposed to a single location should not create a listing for every city they service. Service area businesses should create one listing for the central office of the business only.
Businesses with special services, such as law firms and doctors, should not create multiple listings to cover all of their specialties.
The precise address for the business must be provided in place of broad city names or cross-streets.
A property for rent is not considered a place of business. Please create one listing for the central office that processes the rentals.

I think your a real nice guy Brian and have helped a lot of people, but it looks like you are breaking Google's rules and then complaining because someone called you on it. If I saw a company using multiple PO boxes for physical locations on Google local in my service area (very far away from you in Canada), I would not write a negative review (that might break Google's rules as well, since they are not a customer) but I would fill out a spam report. Google does follow up on those, although it takes forever.

Also, everyone needs to remember if you show your business name or in some cases your real name on a board like, your post can be indexed by Google. Your comments and attitude may come back to haunt you.

randy

Name
Randy
This is one of the very unfortunate things about the boards that has cause more than a few cleaners horrible problems. I doubt this was a member here but perhaps someone that has started another board that you made mad. Some people can't handle anyone disagreeing with them, they are dysfunctional and dangerous people. Recently several new boards have started up that are targeting members here. Some involved there have the same moral compass as an Al-Qaeda terrorist.

I would remove your company name, last name , number and website from your profile and give your contact info out ONLY to people you trust. It would be great to be able to have that information listed but there are just too many risks. It's just too easy for some weirdo with a little SEO know how or free time to damage your enterprise.

Personally I never read or pay attention to "reviews" on companies or products from anonymous posters ( Internet terrorists).
Some of the glowing reviews used the same words, phrases and sentence structure over and over, obviously someone posting false feedback.

The same thing is true of the negative reviews. Many of these reviewing sites offer some award or special recognition for posting lots of reviews of the companies you deal with. A few years ago I was the victim of one of these nuts. He posted several thousand reviews over 8 months, some good some horrible. He said we caused his hot water heater to rust out in two weeks and refused to replace it. A DENIST used a black n Decker cordless drill to complete dental work after his regular equipment failed and he ate in 8-10 restaurants a day getting food poisoning quite often. With his email address I was able to get his name, address and phone number (he apparently used the same email address for everything). I stopped by his home with a print out of his postings to find that he is a high school student. His parents of course were real defensive but when I followed up with a certified letter quoting the Virginia State Statute on parental liability, his entire profile disappeared. It only took a call to the site's owners (at their home after no returned calls from the company were returned) to have all the reviews removed.

It wasted lots of time and a few hundred bucks dealing with this nightmare. Now I'm a bit more security minded.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
yep google will not let me show up on local business listings on the near by
towns in my county either
with out an local address.

tweathers

Randy has good advice. We've had people that have never used us hear bad things because a brother or friend of a competitor wanted to bad-mouth us to get the person to use their friend/relative.

Of course, if the feedback is true, I'm not sure who you can realistically complain to. I doubt a dentist in the U.S. used a Black and Decker drill to finish a dental procedure, so I had to chuckle at that while it's not "funny".

I don't know what Brian has done or not done for his website, but if he or anyone skirts the system and gets called out, there's not much you can do about a true accusation, no?

It's a shame to see how low people would go to steal business though.

-JB-

Name
JB
It's a shame to see how low people would go to steal business.

s'all a matter a how hungry/desperate they are, heck some'll even steal work from ya after ya "help'em out"

DevilDog

FCC said:
Well ya know it wasn't me.....I would have tagged your Atlanta "location" but thats not my style.
This is why I give out as little info as possible in my profile/ on the board.

You curse alot on the board? :D

The writing style didn't really stick out as anyone here........

Well sonofabitch!! I spent way more time trying to kill that bug than someone of my incredibly high IQ ever should have spent.

God.

DevilDog

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom