Who's the mod king?

Soxpac

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
I wanna do some mods to my sniper 3-500-H including a fill and pump out and maybe a solution injector. I have the injector figured out but feel the others are possibly well..... Above my head. I'm also mounting my HF heater for added heat. I wanna make this thing a mother. Any suggestions or other mods?

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Pumpout may be possible, but probably a pain in the ass to do. First thing to do would be to see if you have room inside for a pump out. Being that I do not see a sniper model that offers a pumpout, I would guess there would not be enough room for it inside. You would also have to put another hole in your fill tank and body, and rout everything properly, and cut out for another switch. Too much work and you may fook up your machine.
Remember, for most smaller residential jobs, a 5 gallon Homer bucket is a Porty Hacks best friend.
A twelve foot sink lead with an on/off valve at the end that can be fed into your fill tank and safely controlled may be a better option for auto-filling, although not as glamorous.
I feel auto-filling inside on a average residential job is more work than benefit, and can be a liability.
Work with what you have and save for a machine that has all you want.

Reactions: Soxpac

Soxpac

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
The 1200 psi machine has fill and pump. I agree with you on adding too many holes. I'm gonna mount the heater for sure and probably the chemical metering. I see guys do a lot of mods but I'm not sure how many are beneficial or just because they could. Rather than add a booster, I'm going down to 25 ft as much as possible.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Dan;

I appreciate your desire to modify your Sniper . . .

but there is not much room to work on that model.

We have modified lots of portable extractors.

I would rip out the vac exhaust tubing first, and then install a cooling fan blowing into the base.

Since the lift is only 170" for the dual 3-stage vacs (medium performance),

two new high-airwatt vacs would be a good investment.

http://www4.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=5037

The pump-out should be able to be squeezed in.

http://www4.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=72&products_id=5009

An auto-fill valve is fairly easy to install (forget the chemical feed).

http://www4.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=3697

Larry

Last edited:

Soxpac

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
What's the difference between those and the two three stage lambs I have now? I'm still learning.

Soxpac

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Pumpout may be possible, but probably a pain in the ass to do. First thing to do would be to see if you have room inside for a pump out. Being that I do not see a sniper model that offers a pumpout, I would guess there would not be enough room for it inside. You would also have to put another hole in your fill tank and body, and rout everything properly, and cut out for another switch. Too much work and you may fook up your machine.
Remember, for most smaller residential jobs, a 5 gallon Homer bucket is a Porty Hacks best friend.
A twelve foot sink lead with an on/off valve at the end that can be fed into your fill tank and safely controlled may be a better option for auto-filling, although not as glamorous.
I feel auto-filling inside on a average residential job is more work than benefit, and can be a liability.
Work with what you have and save for a machine that has all you want.

I think I'm gonna mount the extra heater and call it good. Thanks for the advice buddy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom