Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Well ok not for us, we love cleaning up this crap. :shifty:
DSCN0459.jpg

rick imby

Name
Rick
I'm sure the guy getting the bill for this Blunder is not going to be near as Happy as Richard C.

Rick

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Shhuddd up Bawb I'm just a carpet cleaner and maybe a dyslexic (?).

Although I didn't know it till this minute abwb (:p)!

Rick how do you know? I'm thinking this guy has to be mucho happier guy with this chit out of his basement. I know I wouldn't like it in mine.

DSCN0464.jpg
<o:p></o:p>

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Show a little chit and Connor shows up.

Chris we really don't investigate as to where it orginated, just so long as the blockage is cleared then we respond to cleanup.

WHY, see something you recognize? :p

Connor

Name
Connor
Show a little chit and Connor shows up.

Chris we really don't investigate as to where it orginated, just so long as the blockage is cleared then we respond to cleanup.

WHY, see something you recognize? :p

Well, it does seem familiar.

Ya, I know what you mean. I've been on several where the water extraction guys sucked water and the drain was still clogged and had to come back after I was done.

Connor

Name
Connor
Chris what would have caused it to come up the shower but not the turdlet?

Gravity, Richard, Gravity. The shower is the lowest point. If it were a bathtub, it would fill the tub until it got to the level of rim, then spill over from there. Often the floor flange seal/ wax ring will leak and let water come out from underneath the toilet.

Last edited:

Connor

Name
Connor
Hey, Richard, what I wanna know is where'd you dispose of the spoils? APO to the flower garden or dump it in the storm drain? :D

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
What was left after the company "mud" wrestling we disposed of back at our shop. We have a couple sanitary cleanouts we use as out dumping station.

Connor

Name
Connor
What was left after the company "mud" wrestling we disposed of back at our shop. We have a couple sanitary cleanouts we use as out dumping station.

I am curious, do you do anything to clean the tanks afterwards, sanitize, anything? What about in the event of a collision, how secure are the waste tank lids?

I was wondering why there aren't stricter rules about CCing rigs and their waste tanks, in the case of an accident, you could get some pretty nasty stuff on the occupants of the vehicle, not to mention the health concerns of hauling sewage inside of the trucks.

Septic haulers are required to have the trucks inspected annually to be sure they have equipment that's safe to be on the highways. These are separate from the DOT inspections.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yes not only the tank is rinsed clean but all the hoses and tools are decontaminated.. Usually (5) man hours. Butler tanks, they have 210 capacity. Plenty of room for a normal sewage job, bolted down pretty well, the lids screw down tight with turn knobs.

However if the van turned over I'd be much about the contents flying around in the standard Butler. The Butler in box has a slide to separate the poo from you!

Annual DOT inspection of all vehicles over 10,000 GVW. We are usually hauling 100-150 gallons when as those honeywagons are hauling, what 1,000-2000 gallons. Huge difference!

Last edited by a moderator:

Connor

Name
Connor
They don't have a crash partition in the butlers?

I've seen some CCing tanks that were just held on by gravity. I'd hate to consider an accident where funky sewage is slopped all over the occupants.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've never seen any that were not bolted through the floor. Prochems had 6-bolts on the waste tank alone. Large washers top side and metal plates below to prevent from ripping through the floor. Although as you mentioned the lids might pop off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Connor

Name
Connor
Yeah, sorry, I meant the lids, not the tanks, of course the tanks are bolted to the floor.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Butler, Prochem and back in the day Steam Genie all had tank lids anchored down, the Hydramasters we have owned never have have. Like I said sewage water splashing on you would be sick, but in accident it would probably be further down the list of concerns.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom