Why are so many people leaving the OP method?

Clark

I don't know about people leaving OP. This was a good week for us. 14 CX 20's shipped to Tampa FL, 20 shipped to a company in the Northeast working NY and PA, 6 Defenders. and 4 Ultra-Lites. So something is going right. All of these are retail cleaners that came out of our relationship with JC Pennys.

LeeCory

Clark, It looks like business is going good!

I am using a CCS Conquerer which I do like, but I was thinking of getting one of the machines with wheels. I think the Defender model is probably closest to what I would need. Based on the feedback you get from customers do you recommend the 17 or 20 inch model? It would be used for residential and small commercial.

LeeCory

Who offers the best bang for the buck in OP equipment?

I was just looking at the different options available out there and there is some really nice looking stuff. I don't know if there is a difference between the Hruby or Vento machines, but they are sharp looking machines. They also look like they have been designed for the user with handles for ease of use. Something can be said for a simple thing like a handle which would allow you to pick the machine up.

The Hruby and Vento machines are also priced right.

The only machines I can find with the wheels are Clarks machines and Johns. They also look pretty close in design, so I am not sure the difference.

What is the best bang for the buck in a regular OP machine?

What is the best bang for the buck in a machine with wheels?

Brad_Smith

It would be cool to clean a rat nasty beside you John.....but I don't have time to wait for you to finish. When I saw that video on your site of you cleaning that dirty rug with a brute I thought you must have alot of time on your hands.

Op should be reserved for clean carpet that takes more than 300 ft of hose.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
LeeCory said:
I am using a CCS Conquerer which I do like, but I was thinking of getting one of the machines with wheels. I think the Defender model is probably closest to what I would need. .

same here, Lee

I figure to do the same as when I bought my Conqueror
and that is...
wait til some fellow becomes disenchanted with CCing and has a fire sale to unload his equipment.

That's how i bought my Conqueror and my Cert pile brush

I'm trying the STEAL RW's like new Rotovac that's been gathering dust in his shop for YEARS too :lol:

Interestingly enough, that's how Jeremy got a great deal on a Terri-Towel machine i had.

..L.T.A.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
John G said:
I would love to clean head to head with many of the guys who think OP is crap, I would LOVE it and let THEIR customers decide.

OH wait, I already have.... LOL

well mikey wants a rematch, do we have a challenge brewing???

LeeCory

Does it only come with new machines sold or does this include people that purchased machines in the past?

I hear what you are saying.... I have taken a beating on so much equipment I could cry :cry:

Is anyone out there disenchanted with a "like new" Defender 17 or 20 inch model?

you have to remember how many years John cleaned with Argo sheen

What do you mean by that Odin? Argosheen is perfectly safe and I can show you many posts that people wrote saying so.[/quote]

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
LeeCory said:
What do you mean by that Odin? Argosheen is perfectly safe and I can show you many posts that people wrote saying so.

I think it's the Stoddard solvent in Argosheen that puts it in the EEEVVVIILLL chem category to a lot of guys, Lee

..L.T.A.

John G

Sure Steve, but this time he can drive the 6000 miles...

Brad, I average approx 500 square feet an hour, with very little cost, I find that acceptable, I have some commercial jobs where each machine averages 500 buck an hour, but maybe that just isn't good enough for you.

Clark

Hello Lee

17", 20" is to big for residential. And I like the new Hurby for a floating handle machine. It's just not for the Janitorial people I sell to. I haven't sold an Orbitec floating handle machine in 4 months.

hogjowl

Idiot™
It's an instant message found on this site. Look up at the top of the screen and you will see a sign saying "You have 1 messages". Click on it.

Is my defender a 15 inch, or 17? It's perfect for residential and light commercial whatever it is, and I clean two 52,000 sf schools with it every year.

LeeCory

I am ALL FOR making money.... BUT

But averaging 500 sq feet an hour padding and making over $500 an hour I would feel that I was not providing what they are paying for. If I was being paid $1 a sq foot for cleaning my conscience would get to me unless I were extracting with hwe and then maybe padding.

I hope that's not your church...

I'm all for making money, but we should at least give them what they are paying for.

But I guess if they are happy that's what counts.

I had a lady one time walk in after I vacuumed her carpet and not even cleaned it yet and she said "WOW it looks great!".

hogjowl

Idiot™
Speaking of churches ... I have a church account that is almost as big as one of those schools, and I do it every month. The only thing that WILL work on that carpet from hell is padcapping.

LeeCory

Speaking of churches ... I have a church account that is almost as big as one of those schools, and I do it every month. The only thing that WILL work on that carpet from hell is padcapping.

Marty, I am sure you first tried to clean using regular methods and came to the conclusion that padcapping was the only solution. I am also sure that the church is well aware of your efforts and what they are getting for their money. Do you get $500 an hour on a 500 sq. ft. average?

hogjowl

Idiot™
I'm not sure what you're getting at with the $500 for 500 sf foot question. I've never been one to boast high prices, and if this is an argument we're having, I didn't realize it. All I doing is trying to convey the fact that I have an account that has been a real problem for around 15 years. They, and I, have never been happy with the way the carpet has responed to cleaning. It was so bad at one point that they decided to do it in house. That lasted two years and they were calling me back.

I've tried traditional HWE, rotary HWE, GLS cleaning with all kinds of encap products (which worked really great, but not having any real extraction was a problem for me, not them) and then I tried OP cleaning. Traditional OP cleaning gave a great cleaning with no problems, but was too slow for them to be able to afford. When Clark started putting guide wheels on his machines, I had mine retrofitted to a Defender and THAT has finally been the answer.

They're happy for once, and I am making money on that account.

LeeCory

No Marty it is not about high price bragging or any argument. I was referring to my earlier post that John made about a 500 sq. ft. an hour average, and that he can make $500 an hour.

I know that padcapping can be very profitable and has it's place.

But a couple of the guys earlier were talking of a cleaning contest again matching hot water with op. If padcapping is what is being compared, the word "cleaning" is somewhat questionable.

If the contest were on a commercial carpet... maybe it is ok. When a residential customer hires you to clean their carpet, I imagine they are hoping you will actually do some cleaning.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
"and that he can make $500 an hour"

AND I AM NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR....TOO!

Liars, cheats, hucksters and sociopaths will be eliminated from the flock.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Oh, sorry Lee. I usually scan by PadSon's posts and missed that.

You seldom see me advocating pad cleaning for residential. I do a bit of it, but only because I have one realtor who makes me do it. However, on commercial cleaning, it's my method of choice.

I average 1032sf/hr with my machine and my hourly rate is good, if you want to know that figure, PM me. (IF C-L-A-R-K would answer my question about the size of my machine it would help. I don't want to have to go outside and measure it.)

Clark

Marty your machine is a 17". The pad driver is 16". The cleaning path is 17". Maybe I should help you with the church. A CX 20 will make light work of all that open space.

John G

Lee, you need to READ posts before you reply, I said I average 500 square feet an hour, and that on some commercial jobs I make as much as 500 dollars an hour per machine, on THOSE jobs I usually charge 25cents a foot, so I am doing 2000 square feet an hour.

Also if you are not doing a good job you SHOULD"T charge that kink of money, but I am talking about cleaning and doing it right for that price.
Some just don't get it and they shouldn't be out charging good prices if they are doing lousy work, I don't do that kind of work and they get what they pay for and more.

John G

Lee, you need to READ posts before you reply, I said I average 500 square feet an hour, and that on some commercial jobs I make as much as 500 dollars an hour per machine, on THOSE jobs I usually charge 25cents a foot, so I am doing 2000 square feet an hour.

Also if you are not doing a good job you SHOULD"T charge that kink of money, but I am talking about cleaning and doing it right for that price.
Some just don't get it and they shouldn't be out charging good prices if they are doing lousy work, I don't do that kind of work and they get what they pay for and more.

LeeCory

John, I don't think I have anything misunderstood.

A good job is something that not everyone agrees on the definition. Certainly full time padders and multiple method cleaners would have differing opinions.

2000 sq. ft. an hour is that padding or encapping? If it is encap and you are charging 25 cents per and getting it I say good for you, but I would argue whether it is a "good job" and it certainly isn't cleaning. If you are padding that certainly is a pretty good pace and probably going through 50 or more pads.

I pad cleaned a room the other night that may have been 15x25 and it took me 20 pads. There is no way to pad clean ANYWHERE without using more than a couple pads. If you are spreading large jobs with just a few pads... again I would question what value the customer is getting.

So I guess the question is, how many pads would you go through on average in 2000 sq ft?

LeeCory

Ok... I certainly don't want to upset John, I just dont really always agree with him.

I LOVE MY OP MACHINE

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom