Why would a carpet ripple after the fourth time I've cleaned it over 5 years?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Breakdown of carpet backing and do they push the furniture around to rearrange?

Mikey P

Administrator
The carpet flexes into the pad when you walk on it. Over time it will breakdown/stretch the backing and wetting it will uncover the issue.
on the other side of the house, that recently had new super thick granite counters AND a swimming pool installed, a 4' grout line on the master counter popped loose ON THE COUNTER, not in the backsplash joint.. wtf

The whole place shifted to some extent

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Because it's waving at ya...
It's a Mikey's board fan ...
Be happy you have won...
You get the compliment ?

• Wow
Reactions: Mikey P

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Residential nylon, over pad..

You can quote this, scripture and verse, as to how that installation should have been done, and likely why this is happening

Reactions: Living The Dream

Brian H

Name
Brian H
No way it wasn't that way before cleaning. Mike needs to pay for restretch. 🤭
If it doesn't tighten back up when it dries, we pay for the restretch. Even though we explain how it wasn't our fault, they never really believe you. Better to pay a few dollars for a restretch than to lose a customer and risk a negative review. We probably have 3-4 per year that we have to have restretched.

Mikey P

Administrator
If it doesn't tighten back up when it dries, we pay for the restretch. Even though we explain how it wasn't our fault, they never really believe you. Better to pay a few dollars for a restretch than to lose a customer and risk a negative review. We probably have 3-4 per year that we have to have restretched.

36 years, who knows how many hundreds of swellings caused...

To my knowledge I or the company I work for is ever had to pay for a restretch although that we did have one lady who had a installer next door who didn't know better and stretched it the same day of the cleaning and of course.. when it dried it ripped all the tack strip loose from the perimeter

Reactions: Cleanworks

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
My guess would be with 5 years of wear on the carpet the surface tension of the yarns have broke down a bit allowing a little bit more moisture to the backing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom