Wife's Knit Shop In This Weekend's Detroit News

Name
Lee Stockwell
That's even better than free advertising Art. People will read it, and a few will for sure check it out. An ad alone probably wouldn't have been as effective.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Ofer Kolton said:
Nice article. Congrats.
Who knows, maybe eventually that shop will support you.

The shop has been jammed with new customers knitting and buying yarn yesterday and today all due to this article. Paula said they have never been so busy. A big metropolitan newspaper (or two in this case with the joint operating agreement between the Free Press and the News) still has plenty of readers. A buddy of mine who is a big shot in the advertising department there said they have 1.4 million circulation.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I see the auditeed numbers every year- your friend is lieing to you. More like 350k circulation if memory serves and that would be for both papers. The 1.4 number hasn;t been true since shortly after Al Gore invented the internet. That;s why we're paying a 1/3 of what we use to pay for ads.

Not meaning that to undermine the great PR- can't beat that!
Ken

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
LOL Ken. My friend is always full of bull. That's why he's good in sales. I never question what he says, I just roll my eyes. Maybe he's counting the free internet readers, Paula got some calls from them too, on the other side of the state.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
They do get a lot of internet views too- i think freep.com is second to clickondetroit.com for page views.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom