Will a 24 hp engine turn a 47 blower?

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Thinking about taking the old Steam Genie apart and using her blower to upgrade another unit that currently uses a 24 hp honda to direct drive a #4MP. I would be installing a belt drive which will help somewhat.

So does anyone know if the 24 hp is enough to spin the bigger blower effectively?

K P

Look up the bhp of the 47,I know a 56 is 22hp.Also check your cc's on the Honda,it may not be a 24hp.You will be at the limit,but it would work.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
If you're connecting a pressure pump in addition to the blower and wanting over 800 psi I believe you are pushing the limit of a 24hp. Under full vac load that set up would be maxing on the engine.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
On the Blueline Super Extractor we have it's a 25 HP Gasoline Kohler Engine and it drives a Gardner Denver Ti408 405 CFM Pump and she is plenty strong, it's designed to extract with two wands.

But it doesn't have a solution pump.

Name
Lee Stockwell
We ran two 25hp Kohlers direct coupled to 4007 blowers and belt driving cat pumps with NO power problems at all.

Chris you should be fine with 24 hp. Keep the engine air filter clean so it can breath for maximum power.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Chris;

A 47 blower is best matched with a belt drive.

Regardless, even with direct drive,

a good Honda 24 HP engine has enough torque to turn the blower.

Larry

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I'm pretty sure you can better utilize the engines HP with a belt drive opposed to direct drive. Would you think otherwise?

Name
Lee Stockwell
rhino1 said:
I'm pretty sure you can better utilize the engines HP with a belt drive opposed to direct drive. Would you think otherwise?
That's one theory. It involves dialing the load into the peak torque curve of the engine. Our experiece was good with direct coupled as well. You lose a bit less HP with a coupler.

Some recommend what they sell....

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Lee;

We have both Direct-Drive and Belt Drive TM's on our website.

I prefer the belt drive for matching maximum blower RPM levels,
to desired Engine RPM levels.

Larry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom