Will a NON-Glided Wand clean and dry the carpets faster??

RugWorx

Name
Joe Couch
I come from owning a company that specialized in cleaning apartments and rentals (3000-3500 a year) but have been out of the business for 5 years as I sold my company. I was never a fan of glides as I felt they clogged too easy as well as didn't give my guys the scrubbing ability that they needed on most of the carpets we did. With that being said I know wand and glide tech has changed over the last 5 years but even with the newest and greatest will I still be losing scrubbing ability AND will a non glided wand dry the carpets faster then a glided wand?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I come from owning a company that specialized in cleaning apartments and rentals (3000-3500 a year) but have been out of the business for 5 years as I sold my company. I was never a fan of glides as I felt they clogged too easy as well as didn't give my guys the scrubbing ability that they needed on most of the carpets we did. With that being said I know wand and glide tech has changed over the last 5 years but even with the newest and greatest will I still be losing scrubbing ability AND will a non glided wand dry the carpets faster then a glided wand?

fatigue, using a wand to actually scrub, get a 10 or 15 inch crb, quality prespray and dwell time and then rinse the carpet.

your busting a nut on the wand? your doing it all wrong in my opinion.

Last edited:

RugWorx

Name
Joe Couch
fatigue, using a wand to actually scrub, get a 10 or 15 inch crb, quality prespray and dwell time and the rinse the carpet.

your busting a nut on the wand? your doing it all wrong in my opinion.
Had all of those tools and when doing side by side test the non glided always cleaned better. Yes it was harder to push but yielded a better result. Fast forward 5 years and wand tech is better now not to mention I will be the one pushing the wand for a while so working smarter not harder is the goal.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
True a open face wand compared to a glided wand, will do better pile lifting.
I use to love my Prochem quad wand without a glide.

the new Devastator wands have huge slots and tons of bite they flush every bit as good.

but I went from being a prespray and rinse only guy, to a vacuum pre spray pre spot scrub rinse guy.

and a 12 flow 6 jet Ti will flush as good as any wand.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
will I still be losing scrubbing ability

AND will a non glided wand dry the carpets faster then a glided wand?

Yes to first question

No to second ..there's not a dimes worth of difference in dry times either way .
Just lots of anecdotal monkeybutt parroting from those that don't have identical wands glided and non to do same day/same room testing to complete dry

there has been no "new" technology in glides

The benefit of glide is fatigue factor related as Sam mentioned ...which CAN help keep quality up on long hot days

..L.T.A.

RugWorx

Name
Joe Couch
There is no "Devastator type" wand. It's either a Dev, or it isn't. Get the real thing and be happy.
IMG_4441.jpg

sassyotto

Name
Paul
I took that stance too. I have a Prochem 3 jet wand (an oldy but goody) and put a GreenGlide on it. Loved the ease of use. then it wore some and got loose and fell off. I used it unglided and thought it did recover more water (dry faster) and agitate better even tho I use a CRB. So I used it that way for a couple years. When I get to one of the carpets where its hard to push, I just slip the slotted glide on it. I did find that there really wasnt that much difference in drying. so I only use it when I need it.

I did try the Devastator wand. Nice tool and did get the same drying times. Didnt like the swivel (yah I know that you can lock it but why pay for it then?) Still looking ... Been eyeing up a Mach 12

Would be nice if there was somewhere you could go and they lined up all the wands and you could try them all...

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I took that stance too. I have a Prochem 3 jet wand (an oldy but goody) and put a GreenGlide on it. Loved the ease of use. then it wore some and got loose and fell off. I used it unglided and thought it did recover more water (dry faster) and agitate better even tho I use a CRB. So I used it that way for a couple years. When I get to one of the carpets where its hard to push, I just slip the slotted glide on it. I did find that there really wasnt that much difference in drying. so I only use it when I need it.

I did try the Devastator wand. Nice tool and did get the same drying times. Didnt like the swivel (yah I know that you can lock it but why pay for it then?) Still looking ... Been eyeing up a Mach 12

Would be nice if there was somewhere you could go and they lined up all the wands and you could try them all...
I have the mach 12 and it is a good wand. The glide is flat and provides a good seal on tthe carpet. After using Tom's 12 inch wand in Phoenix, everything else pales in comparison. The swivel is great when cleaning under beds or other large furniture.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I will not be doing many rentals this time around either as I will be specializing in high end specialty work.
If you’re REALLY going to specialize in “high end”, then you won’t have to worry about your wand glide being stopped up.
Because you’ll be vacuuming first.
Or will you continue to be a hack?

Reactions: BIG WOOD

hogjowl

Idiot™

Why?
You’d still buy the cheapest

RugWorx

Name
Joe Couch
If you’re REALLY going to specialize in “high end”, then you won’t have to worry about your wand glide being stopped up.
Because you’ll be vacuuming first.
Or will you continue to be a hack?
No hack here buddy!! New Workhorse vac arrived yesterday.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom