Will this work for an APO on El Diablo?

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200352045_200352045
I need to find inexpensive APO for my El Diablo. I bought a $1500.00 unit for the Steamway that is not impressive because it cannot work against full van load without blowing a fuse. The one that Masterblend sells one for $1000.00 that only works with 2” or 1.5” van hose which is kind of cheesy.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I might have one, what kind of requirements do you need? Does your tank already have an outlet? If you're not in a hurry I can see if I can find it a send you over a picture.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Mike;

The Northern Tool pump will not work for a significant time period.

We use the 12 VDC ShurFlo pump which can pump a slurry @ 10 GPM.

$529.

Larry

Last edited:

mcatt

Name
Mike
I have the Prochem APO and it works great. The check valves can get plugged a bit from time to time. I bought it used for $300

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Explain this......

Typo, Full Vac (vacuum) load. it will blow a fuse while doing work that does allow much airflow like extraction or upholstery cleaning. There is no way the thig would work against El Diablo.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Typo, Full Vac (vacuum) load. it will blow a fuse while doing work that does allow much airflow like extraction or upholstery cleaning. There is no way the thig would work against El Diablo.

OK..I am going to take a shot in the dark here on what you are saying............there is not a pump out there that will work the way it should with out a good water barrier between the pump and the vacuum/load of the blower......on the tanks there should be at the very least a constant 5 inches of water between the float that turns the APO on..and where the APO is connected to the bottom of the tank....that 5 inches of water acts as a barrier and will allow the APO to pump with out any force pulling it back from the blower....if it does not have that barrier...then they are going to work over time pulling the water against the pull of the vacuum and over heat and blow the fuse every time......

so when the float switch is off there is 5 inches of " barrier water "...when it turns on...it should only pump down about 3 to 4 inches at a time.....

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Mike I'll have to check our Lawrence shop, I looked around here and couldn't find it. If I get a minute Monday I'll run over and see if it's not there.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I need to find inexpensive APO for my El Diablo. I bought a $1500.00 unit for the Steamway that is not impressive because it cannot work against full van load without blowing a fuse. The one that Masterblend sells one for $1000.00 that only works with 2” or 1.5” van hose which is kind of cheesy.
If you're going to go with a 120 volt pump, check with Larry Capitoni ....Meat......he built a nice 120 volt pumpout for his Powermatic.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
If you're going to go with a 120 volt pump, check with Larry Capitoni ....Meat......he built a nice 120 volt pumpout for his Powermatic.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It's bigger than I thought, it's the $1,500.00 pump out but I'd sell it for $400.00 cash.

$500.00 if you want a 30-minute warranty!

or Pay Fred $50.00 to can Connor! :p

2012-11-28_11-12-57_335.jpg
<O:p></O:p>

2012-11-28_11-11-24_76.jpg
<O:p></O:p>

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Thanks Richard.

I actually have the same Prochem APO sitting in my shop. I was supposed to be sold with a legend on eBay but the deal seems to have fallen through. Let me test mine and see if I can’t get it going. I may still take you up on the deal.
Jim’s post about the location of the float makes since. I use a float switch for made for sump pumps which never fail. I will try moving the switch higher in the tank and see if that helps.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
No problem! Need anything else? I got a lot of chit just sitting around.

Need a old fresh water tank, hose reels, stair tools, shelving? Sad the amount of stuff just in the equipment rooms, storage in Lawrence and our shed.

The worse part is when you can't find it and we rebuy it.........a couple of times. :icon_redface:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom