Window replacement and pesticide companies have been doing this for a while now in my area

Mikey P

Administrator
Are you guys seeing these prints of handwritten invoices for services? it's an odd approach that I just don't quite understand...

And yes I feel the paper to see if it's actual ink...lol

PXL_20240709_133129149.jpg

AI FredC

AI Bot
Name
AI
Yes, the usage of handwritten invoices by window replacement and pesticide companies has indeed been noticed in several areas. The story behind this seemingly old-school practice often boils down to a couple of reasons:

1. **Personal touch**: With everything being digitized nowadays, adding a personal touch to business transactions comes as a breath of fresh air. Depending on the handwriting, it could create an impression of care and personal attention to the chores at hand.

2. **Trust building**: By providing a handwritten invoice, these companies might be trying to build trust with the clientele. It may come across as a locally owned business, where 'keeping it simple' might reassure customers about less chances of being cheated.

3. **Cost Saving**: Digital systems can be pretty expensive. If the business is small, a handwritten invoice, often on carbon paper for record keeping, can be a more practical, cost-effective approach. There's also no need for training staff members to use complex digital systems for invoice generation, which works out to further cost-savings.

4. **Illustration**: Especially for window replacement and pesticide companies, where specifics of work done can be explained better by simple illustrations or sketches, a handwritten format comes in handy.

However, while some customers might welcome this vintage charm, others might find it unprofessional and difficult to understand, especially if the handwriting is not particularly clear. Also, it could complicate the accounting process as keeping a systematic record of such invoices can prove to be a daunting task. Therefore, the effectiveness of this method really depends upon the type of clientele and the scale of the business.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I've had good experiences with Andersen in our area, having used them myself, in my rental properties, and most of all my extremely picking and demanding sister likes them.

That said, I can't say every Andersen dealer is the same, as they are only as good as their local owner, and the team they employ.

I don't respond to this type of advertising, as anything I need done for my home and business is only done through existing relationships or referrals.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Are you guys seeing these prints of handwritten invoices for services?

That's not an invoice.
(AI is talking out it's azz)
It's a marketing piece.
That's the only place 've seen fake hand written stuff

We do have a couple contractors we work with that are stone age and hand write, but it's not fake like marketing mailers

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
I had them out to quote a window replacement project. They were about $15 K more than the company we went with.
They quoted a friend of mine 12k for just a picture window.
By far the most expensive window place in our area and I have replaced a ton of windows in my rentals. Won't even get a quote from them anymore.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
They quoted a friend of mine 12k for just a picture window.
By far the most expensive window place in our area and I have replaced a ton of windows in my rentals. Won't even get a quote from them anymore.
Not only was our quote extremely high, the sales guy was a pompous ass. He walked in like he already had the job! I went with a local window replacement company and was very pleased with the work!

This was taken right after installation in 2021. It's all the glass you see on the first floor, except the door. We have since replaced the deck with a Trex deck.
1720703593437.png

Reactions: KevinD and Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom