wool safe stain magic for piss??

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
got a customer that has a 100% wool light green area rug..it is 2 weeks old..she paid 5 grand for it and it has never been
walked on other than the dog sneaking on it to piss..3 spots total..2 rinsed out like new but 1 is slightly there..can barley see
it..i was thinking of misting it with some wool safe stain magic..any thoughts? i usually dont mess with this kind of stuff
too much but this is a great customer that i have had for well over 5 years and am just trying to get her out of hot water with hubby
as he told her not to put the rug down till they moved in but she had to see how it looked..
thanks

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Dave;

The ONLY safe spotter would be a powder reducing agent (our DC FiberBrite).

It has the correct pH for wool @ 5.5,
and will remove the yellowing.

I have many oriental rug cleaners who use it.

Larry

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
thanks for chiming in larry..i have some of that product, i got it on the last shipment..

anything special i need to know or just follow instructions to the t

thanks
dave

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Even if it's 'WoolSafe" I'd still warn her about potential for a slight color change (Halo, distortion, change in feel etc.). Particularly in an open field area. Let her take the chance on her rug. She needs to make that decision and be aware of the risk.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Dave;

Here are the FiberBrite instructions for normal staining:

1. Mix 1 oz. in 1 qt. HOT water.
2. Spray with trigger sprayer until stain is wet.
3. Allow up to 10 minutes depending on severity of stain.
4. Stain will continue to lighten as it dries.

Feel free to call if it doesn't remove it all.

Larry

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
thanks larry..i am hitting it monday if she can get hubby out of the way for a while if not it will be later
in the week but i will surly post results..
thanks
dave

tim

Dave, a reducing agent is one of the safest ways to go but hot water alone can make a bleeder run. Pictures would be helpful but let me caution you to try a bit on the back first to see if the color is stable. I would also try it weaker first and increase the dilution if necessary. Another option is hydrogen peroxide, the drug store version. Again, I would dilute with water and start weaker then increase as necessary. Also good to "wet out" the unaffected surrounding areas to prevent damage to unaffected areas. Also test the area that has pet damage with a white cloth and hot water to see if the ph in the urine has caused the dyes to become unstable. Always best to test test test and prequalify with what could happen.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom