workers comp in california

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Not to hijack your thread but I saw you on the freeway the other day coming North on the 15 from SD. tried to get your attention but you looked beat and i think you were messing with your phone. :shock:

Take care,
Lisa

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
on those cali freeways :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Deadman walking...who needs workmans comp :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

errrr DRIVING

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
thats about what we are paying. Highway robbery if you ask me. I know a mechanic that pays less. my company last year went up 50% from the year before. If you find a company that has killer rates please post them.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Mine in Ohio was high because I had a claim against me by a former employee from my embroidery business. I do have an MCO company that handles my claims, and it should be going down this year to manageable levels. I'll have to look up my last payment for the %.

Found it.......it's a little over 5% total payroll, but that is at the high claims rate.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
jimmyolas said:
what rates are you paying for carpet cleaning , our updated rate is 12.37.
does anybody have a better rate out there , and who is your carrier.
thanks jimmy

Carpet Cleaning Carlsbad

We are with ADP and my Wife who handles this end of the biz says she thinks we are 10-11% with them. We use them for our pay roll service so maybe you get a better deal that way?

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I pay my help through a temp and payroll service. If I recruit my own people the temp service charges me 35% of the employees wage. This includes work comp, payroll taxes , and unemployment as well as saves me a whole lot of desk time. I pay state minimum on my self which I think comes to about $150 per month.

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
6.85 cartpet cleaning
4.66 janitorial

if you do more than clean carpets why not use janitorial, carpet, floor waxing and cleaning in general would be clasified as janitorial IMHO.

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
i am surprised most of you even have workers comp. we always have but like most small owner opps are not required to if you have less than 5 employee's. my reason for having it is that we do a lot of commercial biz and even though most accounts dont ask for it when we present it with our bids they usually appreciate it. another thing a lot of small opps dont provide thier commecial biz with is e-verify that we do as well. in Al it is mandatory when bidding on state funded jobs lol.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
AJR said:
i am surprised most of you even have workers comp. we always have but like most small owner opps are not required to if you have less than 5 employee's.
To my knowledge you have to carry it. Not a choice in CA.
Be glad to hear from others regarding what Al said.

I pay approximately 12% though it is supposed to go a little down once you have a good record. It's my first, so, I'm at the higher end.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Who Must Purchase Coverage

Construction companies in Florida must purchase workers' compensation insurance if they have one or more part- or full-time employees. Members of a limited liability company are considered corporate officers and may exempt themselves from the coverage requirements.
If construction industry contractors sub-contract all or part of their work, they must obtain proof of workers' compensation coverage or a Certificate of Election to be Exempt from all sub-contractors prior to work being started. If the sub-contractor is not covered or exempt, the sub-contractor's employees are considered employees of the contractor. The contractor will be responsible for any workers' compensation benefits to the sub-contractor's employees.

Any non-construction employer who has four or more part- or full-time employees must obtain workers' compensation insurance. Corporate officers are considered employees, unless they exempt themselves. Sole proprietors and partners are not considered unless they choose to be employees.

Agricultural employers with five or more employees and/or 12 or more seasonal employees (they must work for more than 30 days) must obtain coverage for those employees.
Any construction industry employer having one or more part- or full-time employees working in Florida must obtain a Florida policy through a Florida-licensed insurance company. If the employer has obtained an out-of-state policy, the insurance company must be licensed in Florida. Florida must be listed in Section 3A of the out-of-state policy.

Read more: Workers Compensation Requirements in Florida | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_5208120_worke ... z21PdM59bf

Lars

Name
Lars
Vivers said:
jimmyolas said:
what rates are you paying for carpet cleaning , our updated rate is 12.37.
does anybody have a better rate out there , and who is your carrier.
thanks jimmy

Carpet Cleaning Carlsbad

We are with ADP and my Wife who handles this end of the biz says she thinks we are 10-11% with them. We use them for our pay roll service so maybe you get a better deal that way?

Thanks Bill I will check with them. From what I have heard 10-11% is not bad for CA

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Ofer Kolton said:
AJR said:
i am surprised most of you even have workers comp. we always have but like most small owner opps are not required to if you have less than 5 employee's.
To my knowledge you have to carry it. Not a choice in CA.
Be glad to hear from others regarding what Al said.

I pay approximately 12% though it is supposed to go a little down once you have a good record. It's my first, so, I'm at the higher end.

It's obligatory here as well. I'm not required to carry it on myself, but I do for safety's sake and you still have to produce a number that's issued by the government. They run the show here, and quite profitably.

http://www.worksafebc.com/

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Ken Snow said:
We have to in MI.

I'll bet you've got a hell of a WC bill, Ken! Do you have MCO managing companies in Michigan that reduce your WC liabilities if your claims are low or non-exsistant?

Name
Yohance
Yeah, us California guys get hammered for everything. But the place has year round great weather so work doesn't slack off or stop like elsewhere.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom