Workers comp

Mike Sanny

Name
Mike Sanny
In CA we have to pay workers compensation on paid holidays and paid vacation days. Are your state laws like this? Anyone know why this is?

Name
Lee Stockwell
Be careful about the family pay, there are distinct limitations on exclusions. My children were only excluded from wc until age 18.

Ask a professional familiar with YOUR state requirements...and have that in writing.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge

I'm gonna check on that "direct family members" clause. My Son is the major payroll receiver in this company. (In Ohio)

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
rwcarpet said:

I'm gonna check on that "direct family members" clause. My Son is the major payroll receiver in this company. (In Ohio)

family or OFFICERS of the company???

I do believe ours has an area talking about OFFICERS being able to opt out (as they make the most money...and sometimes do the least "hazardous" type work)

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
My rate last half was 0.051252 X 6 months gross. (1/1-6/30/2011)That's high because I have a claim against me from my "other" business.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Just went through a work comp audit last week. They over billed me a lot. My insurance agent got hold of them. I do not have to pay for my daughters or wife (who is not only family but also officer) I do have to pay work comp on my son in law and brother but would not have to pay on my parents if they do work for me. My work comp accidently billed me for daughters and wife. Bill will be double over last year but with the correction at least not triple!

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com

hogjowl

Idiot™
Oh, I get what you are talking about now. I don't know what my States rules are, but I know I paid WC on my daughter when she was working for me ... but she was married with kids then. If she was living at home ... I wonder ...?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
2 of my daughters out of home. 1 married but can still deduct them both from workers comp. You can include them if you wish though. My agent actually kept his son on workers comp. Was cheaper than another insurance policy for him.

Mark Saiger

Back
Top Bottom