Workers Comp?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I just paid them off again. Coverage for me is $544.49 a year, employees 1.81 % of payroll. What's it like in your area? Is it government run or private? What does it cover? Here if I get hurt on the job, I get the princely sum of $30,082 a year plus all medical related expenses. Employees get 75% of wages and all related medical expenses. I couldn't live off of 30 g's a year, so I'm going to have look for some private coverage as well. Just gauging what the premiums would be.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Holy crap Im only 30 and Ive been paying about 1500 a year. I start to feel sick when I think about how much I pay in insurance every year between vehicles, equipment , work comp, ect. I guess If I ever need it it will be nice to have

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
We are between $5-$6 per $100 for our laborers and $1.75- $2.80 sales, office and admin staff. I think we are around $125k total.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
I believe we are about 6% of payroll here in tn. I was not aware you could collect W/C as an owner?

Name
R.J. Povio
Willy P if you are looking for an income replacement insurance look into Combined Life. They have disability and sickness policies that are reasonably priced and some have income replacement options on them. Aflac I think does the same thing.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Owners are optional, but I chose to carry coverage. I made one claim, and it covered all my physio, meds and gave me a little pocket change to help defray the costs. It wouldn't be enough to carry me, but it helps.

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
If you set the time place and supply equip. the person is an employee. you have a lot more than workers comp you need to be paying. these guys will handle all of the payroll with holding and it is easy as 123.
cost is very little per pay period and best part you are leaseing your employee. so if they need to be let go it has no legal recourse on you. You are also protected in many other ways. they cover thousands of employees at a time so the rates are way lower than you can get on the open market. we ended up paying just a bit more incld all other payroll cost than we did for just the open market workers comp we got on our own.

PS. Mike call this guy i think he wants to set up on mikes board as an advertiser.

WorkLife payroll services
Al DeFrancesco -
904-334-4942
Fax: 904-779-5864

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
where and who are you getting your workers comp from that it is only 1.81%? We pay 4.80 % n AL.
I just paid them off again. Coverage for me is $544.49 a year, employees 1.81 % of payroll. What's it like in your area? Is it government run or private? What does it cover? Here if I get hurt on the job, I get the princely sum of $30,082 a year plus all medical related expenses. Employees get 75% of wages and all related medical expenses. I couldn't live off of 30 g's a year, so I'm going to have look for some private coverage as well. Just gauging what the premiums would be.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
If you set the time place and supply equip. the person is an employee. you have a lot more than workers comp you need to be paying. these guys will handle all of the payroll with holding and it is easy as 123.
cost is very little per pay period and best part you are leaseing your employee. so if they need to be let go it has no legal recourse on you. You are also protected in many other ways. they cover thousands of employees at a time so the rates are way lower than you can get on the open market. we ended up paying just a bit more incld all other payroll cost than we did for just the open market workers comp we got on our own.

PS. Mike call this guy i think he wants to set up on mikes board as an advertiser.

WorkLife payroll services
Al DeFrancesco -
904-334-4942
Fax: 904-779-5864

I have talked to whatshisbutt on the phone about this a few times.....I recommend picking his brain on this subject.....wealth of information.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom