working in the rain

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
man it has been DUMPING here in fla..big time..i hate for my guys to work in the weather like this. nothing like
going into your next house dripping soaking wet..

then i remind them of how bad it sucks to clean in the snow and ice..man i dont miss those days!! thats just around the corner for a bunch of you guys isnt it?? lol

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yea neither are any fun but the cold and snow are worse.

We have poncho's and it keeps some of it off you but then some of it runs right down to your legs. At least you top half is dry, but if it's hot out the poncho just makes you hotter. It sucks to work in it no matter what.

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
our guys are dancing in the light drizzle, wish we could call it rain! we're still in the worse drought on record. hoping for significant moisture in the Fall, the regions economic well being could use it!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Walking my dog over the weekend he stepped into a crack and his paw dropped down several inches, lucky he didn't break something.

Two years of drought has had it's affect on the ground and the foundation, side walks and drive all have gaps from the soil pulling away. We need some rain!

steve_64

id rather work in the snow than heavy rain. i drip enough on a nice day to get water all over the customers house.

mcatt

Name
Mike
Been pouring here in Tampa. Says another 2 inches by Thur at least. I just hate how humid it seems to get right after the rain. Just gross here really!

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
We haven't han more that a trace of rain in 3 months.

150 people have been fined $500 each so far this week just for watering their lawns.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Lol. We dump our water in our front yard. We have the greenest yard in the hood year round lol
People always ask who our lawn company is. I tell them the keys to never water it and just leave it alone. Drives the crazy because no one ever sees me water the yard and they have no idea that I dump there. Lol

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Lol. We dump our water in our front yard. We have the greenest yard in the hood year round lol
People always ask who our lawn company is. I tell them the keys to never water it and just leave it alone. Drives the crazy because no one ever sees me water the yard and they have no idea that I dump there. Lol

If my neighbors saw me dumping in my yard they would totally freak!!!

Pretty much a sanitary sewer is the only option here.

I routed mine right to the edge of my driveway to make it easy.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Royal. I'm surprised. The EPA prefers a earth filter draining away from any waterway. As long as its just dirty water. We have remote filter bags in the butlers so no debris comes out at all.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Honestly I'd rather work in snow than rain
Easier to keep hoses clean in snow than mud
Bitter cold and being out in a BAD snow storms is what sucks up here

LTA

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Why do people duck when out in the rain???? We all do it, but why? We're not dodging the rain. LOL

When my twins were 5-6 my wife ran into the store in the rain. She said when she got back to the car the twins were just laughing and she asked what they were laughing at. They said "you duck your head when you were running in the rain" my wife acknowleged yes she did, and they said "it's still raining on you why do you duck your head?".

Now when it rains I walk straight up, it doesn't make sense, you're still getting wet.

steve_64

it keeps the water out of your eyes or nose for those who have it pointed up all the time.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Why do people duck when out in the rain???? We all do it, but why? We're not dodging the rain. LOL

When my twins were 5-6 my wife ran into the store in the rain. She said when she got back to the car the twins were just laughing and she asked what they were laughing at. They said "you duck your head when you were running in the rain" my wife acknowleged yes she did, and they said "it's still raining on you why do you duck your head?".

Now when it rains I walk straight up, it doesn't make sense, you're still getting wet.

That's why we call you people wet backs.

Bucey

Name
FFA?
It only rains when we are in the house cleaning. Always stops by the time we start
loading up. Works out great for us.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Working tomorrow even though it's supposd to rain hard. Hopefully the storm will mostly pull out of the lower part of the state.

Gene

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I would rather work in the snow than the rain too. Hoses stay cleaner and the carpet dries faster.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Screw that! I'll take a rain any day, just keep the -5 away from me!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It poured on us over the weekend but the ground sucked it all up, only 1 wdr job. The nice part is the grass is all green again, it had been all brown.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom