World's Dummest Employee

Name
Jesse
So this morning at 4:30am my new former warehouse tech finished up his shift and was going to head home on his motorcycle. He was low on gas and had previously used up our backup cans. He had only $10 in his pocket and didn't want to use it so he decided to drain some fuel from a generator into a gas can. He shut the lights so my hidden (night vision) cameras didn't see him. Once he drained what seemed like enough fuel he then used a lighter to look into the can as he was still filling it. Once the can and generator were on fire he threw the can outside which left the generator pouring gas allover the floor. He used 3 fire extinguishers and had minimal success. The fire sprinklers dropped and he also used a garden hose to push the fuel and fire around until the fire dept got there.

Luckily the truck (with propane belly tanks) that parks along side of those machines was out cleaning a restaurant. In the end we only lost at Tennat wetvac, Windsor portable, drymaster uph tool, generator, the insulation on our ceiling, some paraflex, and a lame employee.

What shockingly bad judgment some otherwise intelligent people can have.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
Amusing, but I would delete this in case there is a lawsuit from the employee. He is clearly in the wrong, but if he is that dumb, he might lawyer up.

Chris A

Name
Chris
My guy backed the van into a hose reel in the garage tonight and busted out the back window. Thanks for making me feel better about that.

Connor

Name
Connor
Does this mean you're not going to give him a reference? :lol:

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
Thank goodness you're not in NY. He would sue you for an unsafe work environment, and win, plus collect unemployment from you.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
When my son was in high school, he worked the summer at a local huge cemetery. He was cutting grass one day, and stopped to take a break. He noticed gas dripping from the mower into a hole in the ground. Well, he moved the mower, looked down the hole, lit a match and threw it in the hole, and the gas flamed up, burning and singeing his face, burning all the hair and eyebrows off. He ran home (about a half mile) and jumped in the pool.

Everything grew back, and his girlfriend says he has such smooth facial skin.....

I worry about a sudden hose break and 230* plus water squirting me or my employees....or custys. It could happen to the best of hoses.

Name
Jesse
Ed said:
Thank goodness you're not in NY. He would sue you for an unsafe work environment, and win, plus collect unemployment from you.

So is NY just f'd up or should I make it safer to steal from us? Does someone sell OSHA approved theft kit's?

Name
Jesse
LOL... Thanks Ross

While I'm not so dumb I sure aint all educated and stuff. I've become spoiled enough that I'm rapidly becoming worse at math and spelling. Soon I'll have to voice text my posts in shiteatinggrin

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom