Worlds First Factory Built Prochem Propane APEX GTX Yeah Buddy!

John Olson

Name
John Olson
The very first Factory Built Prochem Propane Apex GTX! I'm taking orders NOW! (this one is sold already) The thing is really quite when it is under load. Price is less then 2k extra. With the price of fuel you will make that back the first year. Man im stoked! Took a lot to get this thing built but now that it is done I couldnt be happier :) Yeah Buddy!

[video=youtube_share;Yahl-QB35TI]http://youtu.be/Yahl-QB35TI[/video]

Chris A

Name
Chris
So do the propane engines also run on cng or is that totally different? I see them usually mentioned at the same time...

John Olson

Name
John Olson
It is Kubota 31hp. Same engine just in Propane :) My customer had converted a older Apex to propane a while ago but the legal regulations require them to have a factory certified engine to run indoors. So I was finallly able to convince Prochem it was time.... As for cng I cant tell you what or if anything needs to change as I dont know the answer to that. As for me taking orders I am kidding unless your in Utah/Wyoming/Nevada and parts fo Colorado..Otherwise contact your local distributor if they cant or wont help you call me and we will get one built for you too!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Back in the day we had a Hydrogenie II and it ran off propane, we would clean Walgreens food area (yea back when they had a grill & fountain) and a stereo store and dress shop. Eventually they stopped letting us drive into the mall for insurance reasons.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Right on John!

Thank you for the Hard work John!
I know this has to mean Alot to ya Bud :clap:

"contact your local distributor if they cant or wont help you call me and we will get one built for you too!"
Says ALOT about what John does and will do to Support his Customers.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Chris,
Often the same carburetor will allow the use of propane or natural gas. Propane exhaust isn't simply "safe to use indoors" though. The amount of carbon monoxide generated is just lower than using when using gasoline.

I still kick myself for not buying one of the HM propane powered portable truckmounts.

Reactions: GCCLee

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Chris,
Often the same carburetor will allow the use of propane or natural gas. Propane exhaust isn't simply "safe to use indoors" though. The amount of carbon monoxide generated is just lower than using when using gasoline.

I still kick myself for not buying one of the HM propane powered portable truckmounts.
I always wished we would have bought the Vaxpac that they sold in the 70's -80's. When we finally decided we wanted one they quit making them.:neutral:

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
You should have hooked up a intake hose to a waste tank if you wanted to show how quiet it was.
A lot of noise coming off the intake side of that blower.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Propane requires better head gaskets or ideally metallic o-rings due to high head temperatures.

Is this one Hx only or does it also have a burner?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
You should have hooked up a intake hose to a waste tank if you wanted to show how quiet it was.
A lot of noise coming off the intake side of that blower.

The customer is using the tank from his other apex so we didnt order this one with a tank. We could have un boxed one from one of the other machines but my guys are way to swamped right now to go to that much trouble. I'll have more videos once we put it on the cart that is going to haul it around and after it is in use when we fly a bunch of folks in to see it in action. Oh and as for emissions the Apex has a cat convertor on it to help with that.

Name
Nate W.
Chris,

Al Casas of BobCat cleaning in LA,CA has a HM 402 (I believe it was called) portable tm... He converted it to a shop mount and put a electric blower on it... He said there were a lot of problems with it... My pops also wanted one, back in the day...

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Waiting on the turbine powered TM that PC developed years ago. Didn't someone on this board buy it on Ebay??

John Olson

Name
John Olson
How much propane does it burn in a hour?

This is the email I just got
Hi John,

With the information I received from Kubota I was able to estimate the propane consumption under full load and full RPM to be between 10 and 12 lbs per hour. At lower rpms and lower loads it would of course be less.

Let me know if you need anything else.

So since it doesnt run full rpm and full load I would assume it would assume your going to average in the 8-9 lbs per hours which would be about 2 gl an hour but until we have some real hours on it I cant tell you for sure. So depending on where you live it will either cost you less or it will cost you more then gas :)

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Propane is much stronger than cng. Are natural gas company here switched to all propane. Crazy huh

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Propane is much stronger than cng. Are natural gas company here switched to all propane. Crazy huh on their vans

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

John Olson

Name
John Olson
It is a factory built propane engine from Kubota everything else is the same and no it won't be In Vegas this one was purpose built for a customer but if you order one I can arrange for one to be at mikeyfest for you.

Back
Top Bottom