Would a thermal moisture meter show a Gopher underground?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Yes and how cold and how fast they are moving, but don’t think you can see feet down into the ground as temp will dissipate among all the earth and there won’t be enough heat for contrast.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Maybe if you stabbed it in the head.

image.jpg

Reactions: DAT and Mikey P

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
A lot depends upon the meter. Some are sensitive to 1 degree or 3 degrees and high end models are sensitive to 1/2 degree or even .1 degree. These can see the tunnels easily, but do you want to spend $7,000 - $9,000 to track that gopher?

Reactions: Mikey P

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
doubful. It shows temperature differential and at the depth that he is digging its unlikely that you will be able to read his body temperature or the difference from where hs is in the tunnel vs where he isn't.

I hate those fookers. Years ago they were up by the road and I really didn't care much and over time they have worked their way back all the way to the house.

Hate them. Baxter will dig them up now and then but he will also dig a big as hole and not find one. :neutral:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
One small area in the front yard near the road is a gofer condo association

I have to straddle the hole/depression with the mower
Filled it several times, but they must love that particular spot , cause within a year or two, it's sunk again

.L.T.A.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Aren't they cool blooded? If so t hen no I would say. Quit watering and they will move on or roll the lawn a few times a week and they will find greener pastures.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Too deep for WDR industry thermals.

I'm sure there is probably equipment oil companies or the military have that would be capable of it but nothing a consumer could afford.

Name
Jeff T
When I was a kid, we used to use .22 cal, and shoot them out of the back of an old Dodge PU.... not proud to say, I’ve got probably 5000 confirmed kills... whiskey and guns, not a good combo....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom