Would this mod work on my PowerMatic?

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
The pvc stack/pipe in the recovery tank keeps coming loose and the threads to re-thread it into place get vibrated almost completely off. The vac port on mine enters on the front of the tank near the bottom. It then goes in and elbows up into that pipe that keeps coming loose. If you have a powermatic then you probably know what I'm talking about. If you need pics I'll take them tomorrow and post them. Anyway...

Here's what I am thinking of doing. I want to plug that pipe and re-plumb it so it goes in at near the top of the tank like all the other tanks I see on machines. Did that make sense? Do you see or know of any problem with this idea?

Thanks in advance.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Ken on my old PM I just completely plugged the front vac port. Drilled a hole in the lid left front corner. Put a 90' elbow there for vac hose to run to back of van. Did the same for the solution line. All hook ups where at the back.

The new vac location definetely helped the suck. My old unit is still local if ya want me to take pictures. I made my own gasket top and bottom for the new connections on the lid. Ace hardware had some rubber squares of various thickness. They where perfect. Lowes has all the PVC and barbs to do it. Let me know.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
I did just what brad is describing back in 98, it did make a nice dif in the suck! :)

Tig welding the bottom cracks may have been the larger improvment, though :D

Bill Morgan

Name
Captain Morgan
Greenie had an elbow vac port add-on that attached through the waste tank lid like Brad described. I think Mikey put one on his PowerMatic before he sold it.
I'm not sure but I think Joe B. sells one just like it now .. he may have made them for Greenie but I'm not sure. I don't think he posts one on his site but he told me he
had them if I wanted one a few years ago.
Not too expensive. I've thought about doing the same thing on my Powermatic too.
Keep us posted on your modification.
Bill

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
The pvc stack/pipe in the recovery tank keeps coming loose and the threads to re-thread it into place get vibrated almost completely off. The vac port on mine enters on the front of the tank near the bottom. It then goes in and elbows up into that pipe that keeps coming loose. If you have a powermatic then you probably know what I'm talking about. If you need pics I'll take them tomorrow and post them. Anyway...

Here's what I am thinking of doing. I want to plug that pipe and re-plumb it so it goes in at near the top of the tank like all the other tanks I see on machines. Did that make sense? Do you see or know of any problem with this idea?

Thanks in advance.

Check with Larry "Meat" Capitoni.....he had a 2.5 in elbow for his PM lid. Just make sure you don't drill a lid hole in the area of the blower intake!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I had mine on the tank lid for awhile .
I eventually removed it due sucking water thru the blower when tank was 2/3rds full.
An extension tube on the inside might of cured it ..i donno

..L.T.A.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Ok Ken let me see if I can track down my friend 2morrow. Larry C also educated me on this mod. I will prob just video since thats what I carry in the truck.

Hope your not in too much of a hurry.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Ken give a call 423-802-0657 My friend blew me off 2day, I can tell ya what ya need to do. I used an Ace Hardware 2 3/8 in hole saw for my mod.

Gather the plumbing parts and see what saw has the closet fit for tightness.

May meet with him 2morrow.

Last edited:
Name
Nate W.
Ken give a call 423-802-0657 My friend blew me off 2day, I can tell ya what ya need to do. I used an Ace Hardware 2 3/8 in hole saw for my mod.

Gather the plumbing parts and see what saw has the closet fit for tightness.

May meet with him 2morrow.

Hope your Mrs. doesn't read MB... :dejection:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom