Would you ever go back to a metal lipped wand?

Mikey P

Administrator
Stainless? Titanium? Aluminum?

No way in hell I would.

I don't know about Virginia Beach but here in Santa Cruz we have wood and stone floors every where.
Thirds most important feature of plastic glides IMO are their gentleness to transition areas and wood base board.

Touting that you wont have to spend $100 each year on a glide is about as silly as spending $5000 on a Connections gold sponsorship.

How much does it cost to repair wood floors from scratches?
How about grinding a scratch out of a Marble floor?

More bad advice from a guy not in the trenches.

e]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8uAFKhIOCYe]

Look at the very edges on that meat clever :shock: :shock: :shock:

and by the way, those @WOWmail emails he is saying came from me, didn't.

I've never said anything to those guys that I would not say right here.

John G.

Has ICS become the Allen Show?

Plus I wouldn't go back to a wand PERIOD, but that is a different topic...LOL

Mikey P

Administrator
I believe Rob has a fancy video of Evan eating some fried Pork Skins so he can do what ever he damn well please over there.

Fred Homan

Re: New PMF wand modifications (With video)
Posted By Fred Homan on 11/7/2009 at 10:50 AM
Teflon is the way to go....I would not do any business with you guys! Reason?
"Questionable character"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted By K P on 11/7/2009 at 10:55 AM
Hey Fred,sorry to break in but on that note could you say hi to Mickey for me:)

Mikey P

Administrator
Tell KP that I at least have good enough character to not have to work as a subcontractor after 21 years as a carpet cleaner.

R

R W

All I can say is.....you better have Teflon, or at least some plastic covering those lips. With nearly all homes having tile or hardwood floors transitioning to carpet, the cost of repairing chipped tile or scratched wood far exceeds the cost of an occational glide.

That goes for RX20's, too.

Fred Homan

Posted By K P on 11/7/2009 at 11:17 AM
Ya,you are a true follower(idiot)

hogjowl

Idiot™
I noticed a pair of those stainless lips on Mike Monteil's desk the other day when I was in Atlanta and TCS. I asked him if they were wand lips and he said they were. Said they were testing them out. I didn't realize where he probably got them until I got home and later saw where he was advertising on ***. They looked good and will be an improvement over the normal wand, but not as good as teflon.

R

Rafa L

hey Mikey P (4putz)

Why you worried about metal lips.....you now have sucking competition?......you jealous?

And your wrong again doo dooo.......Howard PArtridge has exclusives back room deal going on at icscrimage board.......the deal is he gets to post his marketing gimmick as often as he wishes on the board so long he does not make live appearances on other boards. Why do you think he shows up on icscum board only? That too is part in part of HP marketing tool.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Let them keep that marketing message up, all it takes is a few lemmings to screw things up with either the stainless glides as you mentioned and shown above,, or people believing its safe to steam rugs, and that "***. Fad" will be gone.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Hell , the Evolution wand came with some kind of plastic glides and THAT tore up carpet and hard flooring...I can imagine what set of metal glides would do.
Not to mention the plastic did not GLIDE well like the teflon...friction.

I switched out to a Greenglide and the wand worked great.

Those metal edges are just perfect for carving your companies name into the hard wood floor. The Customer will never forget you. :wink:

Fred Homan

Posted By Robert Allen on 11/7/2009 at 6:11 PM
LOL so true James. :-)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted By Chris Muetterties on 11/7/2009 at 7:49 PM
Good point James, but I am sure glade that the risk is down to 0% with a teflon glide. Only an idiot would want to go back.

Posted By Fred Homan on 11/7/2009 at 8:17 PM
And Rob laughs about it....Questionable character.....Shyster? It's all about the money.....
Modified By Fred Homan on 11/7/2009 at 8:35 PM
Edit Message

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I think I will go back to a plain cheep wand for apartments. They never do a good job vacuuming and aren’t paying well enough that I want to do it.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Teflon forever.

My first year of cleaning this guy that had been doing it for 15 years let me ride along with him. I watched him break a tile and had to pay to get it fixed. He said you can't scrub with a glide.

I guess you can't teach old dogs new tricks or common sense.

Lefty724

Name
E
Same here! I'm very new to the trade, but will not use a wand without a teflon glide again!!!

I have tried to clean with a naked wand before, and I have a new found respect for you guys/girls that have been cleaning all those years with a naked wand!!

Again............I'll stick to teflon!!!

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
I don't have a dog in this pecker measuring contest between Mikey's Board and ***. I use Green Glides for many reasons, but I do have to ask the questions, being as so much attention is being given to scratching wood floors and tile floors.

What did you do before glides?
Did you scratch all your customers wood and tile floors?
Are you simply wrecklessly slinging your wand all over your customers adjoining hard floors now that you have teflon?

You guys are acting like having a teflon glide on your wand negates proper precautions when cleaning carpet that abutts hard floors. You STILL have to be careful. Some of you are new to this industry and have no concept of cleaning without a teflon glide, but I cleaned for 2 decades before purchasing a glide and to my knowledge I never scratched a tile, marble or wood floor with my evil bare wand. Good greif, maybe the FAA should require all airplanes be made of Teflon with all it's protective qualities.

Glides make the job easier. They may or may not help with dry times, I don't know, I don't stick around with a stop watch and moisture meter to find out. Given the choice between teflon and stainless, I'd choose teflon. Doesn't mean stainless is evil or even the guy trying to sell them. I'm sure stanless helps make wanding easier too.

Name
Steve Lawrence
Before glides you just had to be more careful at the transitions. It was also more difficult to get them cleaner and the carpet-grabbing effect of an unglided wand would tend to mess with poorly installed carpet more. Glides also are a tremendous help when cleaning area rugs on location--no need to have someone stand on one end to hold the rug in place and edges and fringes are processed much more easily.

Mikey P

Administrator
What did I do?

I didn't aggressively wand/scrub kitchen edges that are embedded with mop water residue

I didn't aggressively "wand away" at carbon filtration build up along baseboards

I didn't dare use my wand to clean rug fringes

I didn't use my wand to clean tile and stone floors

I didn't use my wand to extract pre spray or rinse water off hard floors

I didn't make nearly the amount of dry passes I do now

I didn't have almost browning back issues

I didn't enjoy my stiff neck or acing back

and I didn't have an excuse to NOT pre vacuum..

A teflon-less cleaner will be an inferior cleaner.

and make damn sure your your teflon glides and a 1/8th to 1/4 inch over lap on both sides.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Until they come out with something better...I don't see why anyone wouldn't use one.

Let the pre spray and/or prescrub to the agitation...Save your back.

My back has always been strong but my shoulders are what got me
The Glide really helped keep me healthy.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
admiralclean said:
I noticed a pair of those stainless lips on Mike Monteil's desk the other day when I was in Atlanta and TCS. I asked him if they were wand lips and he said they were. Said they were testing them out. They looked good and will be an improvement over the normal wand, but not as good as teflon.

Marty;

I don't think TCS is getting those wands from PMF.

We have some 12" wands with the "Radius lips" also.

A few customers have been trying them with good results.

They are a good wand design for the price point ($200).

Larry

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I still use SS lips on my 1.5" wand because its hard to clean along the basebaords with a glide on the wand. And I have a glide on my 2".

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
If I couldn't use teflon, I'd be going to another plastic, can't remember the name of it but its self lubricating, it would wear down quicker. Prob wouldn't slide as good as teflon but it slide okay over concrete.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom